ADVERTISEMENT

SP and Pisgah

raidertime

Aug 18, 2003
Looking forward to seeing the Bears at Lineberger. Met them in the playoffs in 1987 and 1993 both resulting in SP wins. Expect a good game and a good crowd.

You can add 2016 to that list. The Raiders are rolling now and will be a tough game for the Bears. I hope it's a great game as there's always a great atmosphere at Lineberger Stadium when South Point plays host.

Have great respect for the SP program....We are glad to have earned the trip, we will not roll over and quit, hopefully we will bring our best game! Looking forward to a good game in Belmont! Does seadog28 still hang around?

I'm laughing at South Point being so impressed with their Tuscola win. Last night was a fluke as far as beating the Mountaineers that badly. You have lost 4 games... Sure your last 5 regular season games you killed those teams but they weren't any good. What do they call you guys around there again? Isn't it the midgets? Im ready for the Bears to listen to the words of a TRUE RAIDER Al Davis and "Just win baby win."

Starting to think all they will be doing in the SP football offices is watching Hibriten film. The Raiders have earned the right to be complacent this week. By the way, ole seadog28 still hangs around. Comes to Lineberger, chooses the longest line and wolfs down Raider dogs (no fries).

Reactions: sasha_nc
I'm laughing at South Point being so impressed with their Tuscola win. Last night was a fluke as far as beating the Mountaineers that badly. You have lost 4 games... Sure your last 5 regular season games you killed those teams but they weren't any good. What do they call you guys around there again? Isn't it the midgets? Im ready for the Bears to listen to the words of a TRUE RAIDER Al Davis and "Just win baby win."

^^^^ lol, this guy.
as bad of a start as SP had, we all said they would be there in the end...alot having to do with how weak the west is this season and alot having to do with them getting better. I envy SP's road...all mountain teams till the western finals! gonna get fat going on that cake walk

Starting to think all they will be doing in the SP football offices is watching Hibriten film. The Raiders have earned the right to be complacent this week. By the way, ole seadog28 still hangs around. Comes to Lineberger, chooses the longest line and wolfs down Raider dogs (no fries).
Boy I sure hope that's what they're doing this week. Earned the right to be complacent? That's a good thing to do in the playoffs. I highly doubt that's what will be going on in Belmont. By listening to some of you on here I don't know why the Nchsaa allows so many teams to waste their time and money each year and go ahead and hand south point the trophy. I highly doubt that their coaches and players are nearly as arrogant or they wouldn't be as good as they are.

No West Rowan film? Ah you must be thinking like Crest was thinking.

I'm laughing at South Point being so impressed with their Tuscola win. Last night was a fluke as far as beating the Mountaineers that badly. You have lost 4 games... Sure your last 5 regular season games you killed those teams but they weren't any good. What do they call you guys around there again? Isn't it the midgets? Im ready for the Bears to listen to the words of a TRUE RAIDER Al Davis and "Just win baby win."[/QUOTE

Bino congrats on a good season. Unfortunately it is over. Pisgah will not face the same Raider team Tuscola faced last night....SP's focus each year is to be a better football team than the week before. If one prepares to challenge SP this time of year it's like dove hunting. You don't shoot where the dove are because the dove will have moved by time the pellets arrive. SP will be a better team when the Bears arrive Friday. If Pisgah prepares for the team that destroyed Tuscola then they will miss the mark.
You can consider what happen to Tuscola as a fluke but you can ask any honest Mountaineer fan and they will tell you how overmatched they were on both sides of the ball. If you think we don't see a purpose to play the game you are badly mistaken. We want the $$$ your loyal Bear fan will pay at the gate. We want the $$$ spent by Bear fans at the concession stands. We want the $$$ donated to half-n-half. What does paying all that $$$$ get you.....an arse whipping and a broke ride home.

Boy I sure hope that's what they're doing this week. Earned the right to be complacent? That's a good thing to do in the playoffs. I highly doubt that's what will be going on in Belmont. By listening to some of you on here I don't know why the Nchsaa allows so many teams to waste their time and money each year and go ahead and hand south point the trophy. I highly doubt that their coaches and players are nearly as arrogant or they wouldn't be as good as they are.
We heard from a few last week suggesting the Raider staff and team were not preparing for Tuscola.
Obviously by 10:00 pm last night we all knew how prepared SP was for Tuscola. SP will prepare very well for Pisgah because that is what they do best this time of year.
We are fans. We get to be obnoxious. We don't have to prepare. We welcome all Bear fans, players and staff to Raiderland and wish for a safe journey.
It's going to be a great game.

This is a good matchup for Pisgah too for a 3rd round game. All teams that make it this far are good but Pisgahs been awesome against the option all year. Our offense has been getting better each week too with young players in several key positions. Can South Point pass? Thats been the main weakness of this team as they've been awesome against the run.

You will see Friday night how much SP can do and how little you will be able to do. Prepare for your offense to get rocked. Ask your mountain brethren from last night.

You will see Friday night how much SP can do and how little you will be able to do. Prepare for your offense to get rocked. Ask your mountain brethren from last night.
Bring it on, we like it when we get no respect. You will be just another fan base shaking their heads, and bemoaning about how in the world you lost to our lil ole Bears.

Reactions: AlbinoPolarBear
Hey 9975 I think redraider73 is another incarnation of Charlie Brown cause all I hear is wah wah wah wah. Maybe he and Mule can get together and practice kicking field goals this week. Wonder which one gets to be Lucy and jerk the ball away?

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
Hey 9975 I think redraider73 is another incarnation of Charlie Brown cause all I hear is wah wah wah wah. Maybe he and Mule can get together and practice kicking field goals this week. Wonder which one gets to be Lucy and jerk the ball away?
Jerk being the operative word for both.

Bring it on, we like it when we get no respect. You will be just another fan base shaking their heads, and bemoaning about how in the world you lost to our lil ole Bears.
I guess you left Carson and Patton shaking their
heads. LOL
Maybe blowing them up with a combined scoring total of 42 points while allowing 26 points is the bemoaning part. That is even more hilarious. Tell us all the other ways Pisgah humiliated those upper echelon football programs. LLLLLLLL....OOOOOO.......LLLLLLL

I like these South Point guys. They actually talk some trash. They've actually gotten pretty good at it too. Must be from the little man complex they get from being midgets.

Oh they are laughing and having fun up there in Pisger now. That's real good because it's all fun now. Friday night is when reality hits and they realize on the bus back home that there will be no more little bears cause the papa bears just got all neutered up.

Reactions: sasha_nc
From the Gazette:
"Friday night, the South Point defense allowed just 163 yards of total offense to Tuscola. They picked off four passes, scored a touchdown on a Nick Muse pick-six, limited the Mountaineers to just six first downs and held their sixth straight opponent to single digits as the Raiders rolled to a 45-6 win."

This is the same Tuscoler team that forced Pisger into an over time squeaker. Mama bears better stay in the mountains Friday night if they are squeamish. Seriously, have a good trip down and bring your best. That's what it is all about. The best team will be settled on the field that night, not on this board.

When you get to the third round they are no bad teams. Pisgah and South Point are both good guess we will find out how good Friday.Like the Bears chances.

From the Gazette:
"Friday night, the South Point defense allowed just 163 yards of total offense to Tuscola. They picked off four passes, scored a touchdown on a Nick Muse pick-six, limited the Mountaineers to just six first downs and held their sixth straight opponent to single digits as the Raiders rolled to a 45-6 win."

This is the same Tuscoler team that forced Pisger into an over time squeaker. Mama bears better stay in the mountains Friday night if they are squeamish. Seriously, have a good trip down and bring your best. That's what it is all about. The best team will be settled on the field that night, not on this board.
They never forced us into overtime we forced them,trailed 17-0 at half ,down by 10 with less than five minutes left in fourth. and we won.

Great season for the Bears. No bad teams end up 12-1 and in the 3rd round. Looking forward to seeing you guys next Friday night. Too focused on Tuscola to have done my analysis of Pisgah yet but will share thoughts after I look at who this Pisgah Bears team is. I expect them to be a solid, well disciplined, well coached bunch of mountain boys.

Meanwhile, we will have some fun on the boards. Most of our conference schedule is so ho-hum that it's not worth starting a thread. At least we have some competition as well as a group of seasoned posters to trade barbs with all week.

Reactions: SRT52
From the Gazette:

SP obviously has a great D, no question. We feel good about our D since we are healthy again. Before we had a few key injuries, we held Tuscola to >250 yds total, including one 1st down, 54 yds in the 2nd half, and 0 pts until the overtime. SP Forcing Big T to throw last Friday was key. They can't pass for spit if their running game isn't working.

They never forced us into overtime we forced them,trailed 17-0 at half ,down by 10 with less than five minutes left in fourth. and we won.
Shot ourselves in the foot in the first half, came out at half and made the plays we needed to make to pull out the game.

Pisgah barely beating Patton = losing to South Point by 28 or more. Probably more! This Pisgah team ain't no where close to the 2006 bunch.

Reactions: pisgah101
I guess you left Carson and Patton shaking their
heads. LOL
Maybe blowing them up with a combined scoring total of 42 points while allowing 26 points is the bemoaning part. That is even more hilarious. Tell us all the other ways Pisgah humiliated those upper echelon football programs. LLLLLLLL....OOOOOO.......LLLLLLL
And yet we are 2-0 in the playoffs, same as big ole fearsome SP. You can crow about style, or point differential, or whatever bloats your inflated ego, a W is all that matters now.

What happens if the planets line up just right and we beat Hibriten and Pisgah beats SP? Not saying this will happen, and I am not looking past anyone. I am just saying what if. Who gets the home game? We are both #2s but Pisgah has the better record and where conference champs. I guess we would go to Pisgah right?

What happens if the planets line up just right and we beat Hibriten and Pisgah beats SP? Not saying this will happen, and I am not looking past anyone. I am just saying what if. Who gets the home game? We are both #2s but Pisgah has the better record and where conference champs. I guess we would go to Pisgah right?
Not sure. Good luck with Hibriten.

Pisgah barely beating Patton = losing to South Point by 28 or more. Probably more! This Pisgah team ain't no where close to the 2006 bunch.
You're right this ain't no 2006 team for sure but I'm thinking we will show up to play Friday. Or we could take this ingenious football math formula you flatlanders have perfected and just settle all of Friday's games on paper. Some of you guys need to move to Vegas baby.

Reactions: HitmanT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT