ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Lee head coach resigns ...

Impossible situation there. Until Lee County’s school district makes SL kids stay there and administration actually, you know, supports the program, no one will be able to win there. 💩show.

Reactions: btango
Impossible situation there. Until Lee County’s school district makes SL kids stay there and administration actually, you know, supports the program, no one will be able to win there. 💩show.
Word is a couple of women run the school however they feel like it should be ran that day. Tell a PE coach he is going to be a counselor to assist students with selecting classes to advance them and do it in his free period when he normally works on the field. Great leadership!

If the right people get in place. And show face in the community I think it would be a good spot. You got to think they only loss by single digits to Lee County. Also southern didn't have many seniors. I know of a few individuals that could definitely right the ship over there. One being a former Lee County coach that's in Clinton right now helping to develop a 2A contender for next year! A few of the local coaches look very promising also.

If the right people get in place. And show face in the community I think it would be a good spot. You got to think they only loss by single digits to Lee County. Also southern didn't have many seniors. I know of a few individuals that could definitely right the ship over there. One being a former Lee County coach that's in Clinton right now helping to develop a 2A contender for next year! A few of the local coaches look very promising also.
If admin. doesn’t support, there’s only so much you can do.

Those people do not value sports. Nor do they respect those coaches if they do that
I can 2nd this statement. The administration does not care nor do they provide support to improve the football program. All of the admin. Have they even hired a coach yet? Haven't seen it announced and the board meeting to approve new hire was weeks ago. It's a terrible situation for these kids. No wonder they keep leaving for Lee Sr.

I can 2nd this statement. The administration does not care nor do they provide support to improve the football program. All of the admin. Have they even hired a coach yet? Haven't seen it announced and the board meeting to approve new hire was weeks ago. It's a terrible situation for these kids. No wonder they keep leaving for Lee Sr.
Someone told me the school admin has not been overhauled or looked into because the continued devaluing of sports at Southern Lee puts the flagship school, Lee County, in a better position.

Someone told me the school admin has not been overhauled or looked into because the continued devaluing of sports at Southern Lee puts the flagship school, Lee County, in a better position.
I can see that. The whole Admin team is SLHS long timers, as in they've pretty much been there since the school opened as teachers now in Admin positions. The AD came from Pinecrest several years ago I believe and may have been there when they had to forfeit football playoffs. It's just a bad situation. One assistant coach on staff at the school. Tough to win like that.

Reactions: RD28327
Make the boundary lines and go by them .. Stop the playing where U want to unless U live in that district...I can understand why a Coach doesn't last long in Lee County.. Uptown boys want the pick of the litter...

Reactions: Steelers71
I can see that. The whole Admin team is SLHS long timers, as in they've pretty much been there since the school opened as teachers now in Admin positions. The AD came from Pinecrest several years ago I believe and may have been there when they had to forfeit football playoffs. It's just a bad situation. One assistant coach on staff at the school. Tough to win like that.
The present Southern Lee AD was AD at Pinecrest in 2015 during all the Pinecrest forfeits. Still trying to figure out who the new coach is ... I am sure it will be announced in the very near future since the Lee County Schools will have a board meeting on Tuesday, 2/14 ...

I found two Fred Blanks in regards to football and/or coaching in NC. One was a player at Campbell around 2012 and there is. Fredrick Blanks that teaches at on if the LocL Charter schools in Lee County who appears to have been a basketball coach in Orange County at one point.

I found two Fred Blanks in regards to football and/or coaching in NC. One was a player at Campbell around 2012 and there is. Fredrick Blanks that teaches at on if the LocL Charter schools in Lee County who appears to have been a basketball coach in Orange County at one point.
Sounds like the one who played at Campbell is the son and the teacher at the charter schoool is his dad.

The present Southern Lee AD was AD at Pinecrest in 2015 during all the Pinecrest forfeits. Still trying to figure out who the new coach is ... I am sure it will be announced in the very near future since the Lee County Schools will have a board meeting on Tuesday, 2/14 ...
Yep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT