ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Guilford HS?

GSO_football

Apr 4, 2023
Word through the grape vine is Southern Guilford will be looking for a new head football coach in the near future. That’s what my people in Sumner are saying. Can that Indian Pride come back or was it lost as the storm blow through. Last time they were relevant when our beloved Darrel Brown was the head coach leading the storm. Who are some possible candidates that can bring back a program with such great history?

Word through the grape vine is Southern Guilford will be looking for a new head football coach in the near future. That’s what my people in Sumner are saying. Can that Indian Pride come back or was it lost as the storm blow through. Last time they were relevant when our beloved Darrel Brown was the head coach leading the storm. Who are some possible candidates that can bring back a program with such great history?
Hey GSO,

Nothing about football, but I made my first ever trip this winter to Southern Guilford, wow I have never seen a school that seems to be in the middle of nowhere but only a couple of miles from everything.

What’s Indian Pride. Y’all are like a gentle breeze. More like BULLDOG NATION🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Hey GSO,

Nothing about football, but I made my first ever trip this winter to Southern Guilford, wow I have never seen a school that seems to be in the middle of nowhere but only a couple of miles from everything.
South Davidson High and Middle are literally in the middle of the woods off of hwy 109 lol. Just a clearing in the middle of a bunch of trees. Everytime I go there I say God please don't let me experience Deliverance tonight 😵😵😵

Best teams Trinity ever had were from 70-72. I know that team in the 2000s with Gillepsie was good and went further than any Trinity team ever in the playoffs. But in 70 Trinity gave up 4 points a game and tied an Allen Jay team 0-0 in the district round and lost on yardage after besting AJ 19-6 earlier in the season. They ran the single wing back then. Then in 71 and 72 they switched to the Wishbone and averaged over 30 a game at a time when that was ridiculous.

Southern Guilford was a power as Sumner and the SG Indians in the 60s and 70s. They lost to Trinity and then beat them before losing to Gates County for State in 71. Then after Allen Jay merged with SG in 79 they went to the East semis before losing to Ahoskie.

Good stuff.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
What’s Indian Pride. Y’all are like a gentle breeze. More like BULLDOG NATION🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

So I guess stealing players wasnt enough now your stealing coaches...Next thing you know they gonna be calling yal the Trinity Storm

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
From What I heard a while back His exit from JMR wasnt all that great so im curious if that was a factor but who knows but I would assume at this point in the game - Southern Guilford will have to go with a Interim basis at this point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT