ADVERTISEMENT

Metro 4A - Week 1 Muse

PagePirates44

Aug 15, 2004
NW Guilford @ East Forsyth -- Well, this is a big one for Warhead, just take Bunch Rd to NC-150 and bam you're in K-ville. Do the Vikings have the same effort on defense as the Eagles? If not, Ballou and Crew will need to be able to get going early and often against EF's talented and well coached defense.

Grimsley @ Clayton -- I don't really foresee this being a big match up. Unless, the Comets have a bunch of Jimmies and Joe's that I'm unaware of. If that was the case, I for sure wouldn't be against it in this match up, haha.

Northern Guilford @ Eastern Guilford -- I envision this one being a very tight, highly contested ball game. Both teams are talented, but Northern losing a lot of Seniors from last year will be something they will have to overcome early on. They do still have the starting QB and TE from last season though.

Ragsdale @ Northeast Guilford -- I like this match up, two programs that have had a tough go at it the past few years, get a chance to walk away with a W early.

Dudley @ Page -- Dudley is rippin' and roarin' coming off another state championship. Of course they will never look past Page when being led by former Page assistant coach Steven Davis. That being said, this is a big rivalry game, and its usually a close one. Dudley lost some talent, but still has a ton. Page is building back and has some weapons. It's going to be a dandy.

Southern Guilford @ Southeast Guilford -- Southern Guilford has 16 seniors and will most likely play with two QBs. Southeast will most likely have a size and depth advantage in this one, but a solid match up is brewing here. Two schools in pretty close proximity. Will the Storm zap the Falcons?

Morehead @ Western Guilford -- Both of these schools have new coaches recently that have started getting some renewed interest in the programs. I think Morehead is definitely more ahead of schedule and should be the favorites here. But the WG Hornets could be an untapped program waiting to explode into relevancy. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the future.

Oak Grove @ Southwest Guilford -- I do not know much about Oak Grove but I do see that they return quite a few starters (13 total) including their QB and RB. Southwest always has some players and I think this match up is going to be a solid one. A new coach and offensive coordinator at SW Guilford have really focused on improving special teams and overall team discipline.

Last edited:
NW Guilford @ East Forsyth -- Ef by 17

Grimsley @ Clayton -- Grimsley by 28

Northern Guilford @ Eastern Guilford -- Northern by 7

Ragsdale @ Northeast Guilford -- Ragsdale by 3

Dudley @ Page -- Dudley by 13

Southern Guilford @ Southeast Guilford -- Southeast by 14

Morehead @ Western Guilford -- Morehead by 7. I think Morhead will make the playoffs this year

Oak Grove @ Southwest Guilford- This one is a tossup. Oak grove by 3

SW ran a 7 on 7 with Morehead this summer. They were pretty solid, but again there were no lineman or tackling. They have some speed at DB and WR but they lack size. QB seems to be solid as well.

I will pull for the Eagles every week but this one. NWG has the talent on offense to score at will but can't get in a shoot out with the Eagles.

East Forsyth 42
NWG 29

SW ran a 7 on 7 with Morehead this summer. They were pretty solid, but again there were no lineman or tackling. They have some speed at DB and WR but they lack size. QB seems to be solid as well.
Morehead was at the 7-on-7 Page participated in at Dudley. They looked pretty good, yeah!

NW Guilford @ East Forsyth -- Ef by 17

Grimsley @ Clayton -- Grimsley by 28

Northern Guilford @ Eastern Guilford -- Northern by 7

Ragsdale @ Northeast Guilford -- Ragsdale by 3

Dudley @ Page -- Dudley by 13

Southern Guilford @ Southeast Guilford -- Southeast by 14

Morehead @ Western Guilford -- Morehead by 7. I think Morhead will make the playoffs this year

Oak Grove @ Southwest Guilford- This one is a tossup. Oak grove by 3
So you clearly know this area's talent, gonna have to call you The Great Swami. other than the 2 blowouts you were pretty spot on.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT