ADVERTISEMENT

South Stanley

Eaglemeister

Aug 6, 2022
SS didn't have enough players to finish the last three weeks of last year due to injury. How are things looking for the return of the Rowdy Rebels?

Well unfortunately it looks like they currently face the same fate as the orginal southern rebels.

But in all seriousness I hope they can get it back together. They had some fun teams in the mid 2000s.

i remember when the Stanley County schools first consolidated, South Stanley was the class of the field with Bubba Lisk as the running back that went on to NC State. Only Albemarle had a football team prior that along with Norwood High School.

Reactions: Eaglemeister
i remember when the Stanley County schools first consolidated, South Stanley was the class of the field with Bubba Lisk as the running back that went on to NC State. Only Albemarle had a football team prior that along with Norwood High School.
Was Harvey Brooks coaching when Lisk played? I have heard about the famous single wing that Mr. Brooks was famous for.

The same coach is still in place. Not sure if the underclassmen are buying in or if it was mostly seniors that left the program during the season.

We have 51 players who are riding 10-12 graders. 42 of them in physical development class and looking for ward to rebound big. We suffered 17 season ending injuries last year. All at the varsity level. We will be back stronger than ever in 23

The JV team finished the season and had a strong year.

We have 51 players who are riding 10-12 graders. 42 of them in physical development class and looking for ward to rebound big. We suffered 17 season ending injuries last year. All at the varsity level. We will be back stronger than ever in 23

The JV team finished the season and had a strong year.
I for one hope you and South Stanley make a great come back.

Sounds like your jv numbers were good. That is encouraging. Good luck going forward. I guess covid hit a lot of the last two graduation classes with small numbers. I agree with the readiness part. I have seen players moved up that were not ready and they didn't stick with it to the end of their high school years.

Reactions: FBallGuy82
Badin HS fielded football teams also. Norris Jeffrey, who the North Stanly HS stadium is named after, was the head coach at Badin and later at NS.

Reactions: steady99 and btango
17 injuries? Glad they're in the physical development class. Sounds like the ones that were there needed to be? Is that why they were dropping like flies? That is a unusual amount of season ending injuries on a varsity football team.

Reactions: Steelers71
What did North Stanley do when their coach retired? I had heard that the former coach was considering coming back. To me, the Forest Hills coach is the tops in that league with West and Anson. I saw them twice last year and they were fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT