ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs Shelby

As i said MC elite club..loosing to them wasnt a head hanger but a eye opener.
I guess i dont understand why so many people want to see us play up in classification all the time..
To me ..are we a team that cant be beat? Heak no ,no team is....any giving night u can be beat.
Im just ready for season...

Reactions: Ooooner
As i said MC elite club..loosing to them wasnt a head hanger but a eye opener.
I guess i dont understand why so many people want to see us play up in classification all the time..
To me ..are we a team that cant be beat? Heak no ,no team is....any giving night u can be beat.
Im just ready for season...

Hmmm, it doesnt have anything to do with so many of your fanATICS on here(for the last 100 years) chest beating about how they would dominate in upper classifications would it? Ive seen the same attitude with a few schools here and in the 1A so it's not just the Shelby fanatics. Blame your fellow 'team mates'.

Reactions: seadog28
Is it me, or are those lions acting muzzled? I think they’re scared. Ware gone has spooked them. I’m anxiously awaiting Hitman’s end of the world manifesto. This is a fun time, Raiders! :)

SD,Hitman is really happy and doing well as Shelby will be going back to a mostly run offense as many of you will find out today. As for the Mighty Raiders I predict a running of the table until that early November game in beautiful downtown Belmont.

Shelby has 5 WR that can give teams fits
I would have loved for that group to have included rising juniors, now Crest Chargers, Caleb Borders and
Tim Ruff II, though. Both are very shifty athletes with the ball in their hands. Borders is my under the radar, breakout star in the county this season. Ruff would have been dynamic at receiver as well, before taking over as quarterback his senior year. Both are huge losses, but fortunately, we have depth.

Last edited:
I would have loved for that group to have included rising juniors, Crest defectors, Caleb Borders and
Tim Ruff II, though. Both are very shifty athletes with the ball in their hands. Borders is my under the radar, breakout star in the county this season. Ruff would have been dynamic at receiver as well, before taking over as quarterback his senior year. Both are huge losses, but fortunately, we have depth.
Is Ruff going to start at Crest at QB or the Fuller kid?

From what I always heard for the last couple of years was the Fuller kid was their next great QB and now they have brought in someone else to take his spot.

Fuller is Just a sophomore and needs more arm strength and will help us in secondary this season and backup at qb

Sounds like Ruff should have stay at Shelby where he could have got a state championship ring. He would have got a lot of playing time this year. Shelby is going to have a lot of blow out games. Crest coaching is still suspect.

Same
Sounds like Ruff should have stay at Shelby where he could have got a state championship ring. He would have got a lot of playing time this year. Shelby is going to have a lot of blow out games. Crest coaching is still suspect.
He got a ring right? He gonna be a beast at QB for Crest this season and it wouldn’t surprise me if he went back to Shelby and lead them to a Chip his senior year!

Ruff, a good kid..hes just between patents where 1 wants him at Shelby..the other wants him at Crest..
Seems momma won.
If hes starter...wonder jow the Fuller kid will handle it?
Will Crest use a 2 Qb game plan?

The Crest coach has always used a two QB system, that is what he did at Montgomery. Hope Ruff don't mind sharing QB time.

Nope, I can’t see It, a quarterback rotation. I don’t know the Fuller kid, but Ruff has been doing it for a long time now, and has been very successful at it. In talking to a guy that used to coach him, he would always comment on how smart Ruff plays, and how he’s just a winner.

What’s going to be interesting, though, is whether or not Crest’s offense suits him. Their offense is run heavy, but as long as they are not trying to run “quarterback power” with him, as they did with Kemmerlin, the young man will show up and show out. He’s quick and very elusive, and he can throw. He would have torn it up in Shelby’s system as a dual threat quarterback.

Reactions: SHS LION
Nope, I can’t see It, a quarterback rotation. I don’t know the Fuller kid, but Ruff has been doing it for a long time now, and has been very successful at it. In talking to a guy that used to coach him, he would always comment on how smart Ruff plays, and how he’s just a winner.

What’s going to be interesting, though, is whether or not Crest’s offense suits him. Their offense is run heavy, but as long as they are not trying to run “quarterback power” with him, as they did with Kemmerlin, the young man will show up and show out. He’s quick and very elusive, and he can throw. He would have torn it up in Shelby’s system as a dual threat quarterback.
Crest offense is Changing this season and Eddins is stepping out of his comfort zone

Reactions: Lion Attack
Appreciate the input fellas. Sounds like both your weak sister teams have elusive QBs. They’ll need it when they line up across from those Mighty Red Raiders. Bring ice!

Reactions: Chopper747
Just took “a Shelby” and wiped with “Lion paper”. It felt good and reminded me of LA, Hitman, SHS, SL et al...yada, yada, yada. And then, I realized that real fans live in Mt Holly. Figure it out, numbnuts.

I also realized that the Mighty Red Raiders are your only competition in 2a. Fear turns into balls, depending on every outcome with you posers. Yes, Crest owns your asses and it’s a fact. Those homosexuals annually admire our backsides.

My screw you in March means eff you in the fall! My name is sea dog, and I approved this message!

You Wareless misfits are in trouble! Even the bulldogs are humping your stumpy legs.
You forget that there is a team in Lenoir that can play also. We will be there when playoff time comes!

Gotcha, BRT. It’ll be interesting to see what the Clayless Panthers and Wareless Lions will do this year.

Try to stay out of trouble, dude! :)
We did get our new coach out of the same system. He has plans of changing the offense from what I understand. Our qb plays well out of the Shotgun so Hibriten will PASS the ball. I am excited to see Hibriten mix it up finally but it will not happen all at once so there will be some growing pains. This year may go well or may turn out not so good. In the long run it should help us tremendously since play action will be used finally. It is hard to win state titles being one dimensional. We were fortunate in 2017 that we had a great defense. Shelby showed us that will not happen often if you cannot pass. It will also help us defend the spread since we will be using that on offense also. I thought Shelby was a lock for the title this year until the coach left. SP is sitting pretty this year..

Reactions: seadog28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT