ADVERTISEMENT

South Point vs. Rocky Mount

South Point finally learned they can't win without passing the ball lol. The passing TD is why they won.

Congrats again!

No, the defense is why we won. 9-7 without the passing TD.

No, that passing TD was crucial because it made the game a 3 score game. Without it the dynamics change. I stand correct.
Furthermore you passed to move the ball, unlike last year. *exhale*

No, that passing TD was crucial because it made the game a 3 score game. Without it the dynamics change. I stand correct.
Furthermore you passed to move the ball, unlike last year. *exhale*

We had 7 yards passing today; did you miss our game? And it was never a 3 score game today.

South Point finally learned they can't win without passing the ball lol. The passing TD is why they won.

Congrats again!

Yeah, we really slung it around. By that reasoning Rocky Mount should have won. While the pass resulted in a TD and the points that put us ahead, it was not our bread and butter. SP's D came to play and to win.

Here are the stats:
SP RM
1st downs 9 6
Rushing 53-199 30-27
Passing 7 91
Total 206 116
Com/Att/Int 1-6-1 10-19-1
Fumbles-Lost 0-0 3-1
Penalties 6-35 2-19

Yeah, we really slung it around. By that reasoning Rocky Mount should have won. While the pass resulted in a TD and the points that put us ahead, it was not our bread and butter. SP's D came to play and to win.

Here are the stats:
SP RM
1st downs 9 6
Rushing 53-199 30-27
Passing 7 91
Total 206 116
Com/Att/Int 1-6-1 10-19-1
Fumbles-Lost 0-0 3-1
Penalties 6-35 2-19

No the reasoning is NOT a comparison. Its the same reasoning I used last year when they didn't throw at all. It's the one little thing that pushed them over the hump. SP improved their chances if they implement a certain strategy. If SP mixed enough of the pass last year with their bread and butter they would have won, but they did not. That was the difference between the game this year and last year. That is what I'm illustrating. It's NOT the yards, its the concept that they even threw the ball or had the threat of throwing. You would not have won without it.

Congrats again

No the reasoning is NOT a comparison. Its the same reasoning I used last year when they didn't throw at all. It's the one little thing that pushed them over the hump. SP improved their chances if they implement a certain strategy. If SP mixed enough of the pass last year with their bread and butter they would have won, but they did not. That was the difference between the game this year and last year. That is what I'm illustrating. It's NOT the yards, its the concept that they even threw the ball or had the threat of throwing. You would not have won without it.

Congrats again

If SP would have thrown more in this game, they WOULD have lost. 2-3 of those passes were almost picked. Our only semi-fast receiver caught the only completion. Their athletes put a spotlight on the lack of athletes we have on the edge. We throw anymore than we did, we lose this game because the ONLY thing that could've kept RM in it was turnovers on our side of the field.
That offense they had was not real good. Chopper, when you are forced to throw out of a run offense (their wing t look or our redbone), then you score 7 points and lose.

If you want to win, you throw when you want to throw...not when you have to throw.

I really believe Havelock would have been a better game for South Point. They pretty much controlled RM until the last 45 seconds of the game. It was a close defensive game but I would love Havelocks chances with Cooper in the State title game.

I guess that the playoffs are now over, there are no more teams that are going to really show SP what a playoff team looks like. So now it looks like the "armchair experts" are going to have us get stomped by every 3A team in the state that we didn't play but were previously eliminated by those so called "weak sisters" we were fortunate enough to play every week. Call them anything you want but they are still the 2016 3A champions. What's in your trophy case?

73, one of my favorite parts of the game was when #43 came in. He has to be the shortest player on the team but man could he get into that backfield and take out the QB. It was fun watching him.

Reactions: RAIDEREXPRESS
This is a joke isn't it? The only question was to be the final score. Rocky Mount played their finest game and couldn't find a way to win. Unlike last year it wasn't to be. Congrats especially to the coaches of each team for the preparation and discipline demonstrated.

I guess that the playoffs are now over, there are no more teams that are going to really show SP what a playoff team looks like. So now it looks like the "armchair experts" are going to have us get stomped by every 3A team in the state that we didn't play but were previously eliminated by those so called "weak sisters" we were fortunate enough to play every week. Call them anything you want but they are still the 2016 3A champions. What's in your trophy case?

Wasn't trying to down SP nor did I say Havelock would have won. Much less stomp. I do think it would have been a better matchup for South Point. But as another poster stated " woulda coulda shoulda" lot of truth in that.

73, one of my favorite parts of the game was when #43 came in. He has to be the shortest player on the team but man could he get into that backfield and take out the QB. It was fun watching him.
the only real good teams that sp played this year they lost.

if they where so dominating what happen when they played Shelby, Lincolnton, hunter huss, all 2a schools by the way and a mediocre clover team.
Stop worrying about the too small,too slow, overrated midgets and start worrying about the underachieveing Mounties. Year after year they have the talent to be a contender. Year after year they underachieve.

Last edited:
Our too slow, too small overrated midgets are state champions (again). We played the schedule and beat everyone on it when it counted. We have the trophy in our case to prove it. What is in your trophy case, hope & change or dust?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT