ADVERTISEMENT

South Iredell HC

Interesting to see who will be the next new Head coach.

Last edited:
According to Vice Principal post: All Coaches has been released with a chance to reapply. Looks like South is serious about this hire process this time

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I feel like the talent is there to make a good run in the conference. Want say they win the conference but they can I believe make the playoffs. I think good coaching will get them there. Hopefully they will get a good pick for a coach.

South is a Total Rebuild. They have some talent but I personally feel it’s not as same in years past.
I won’t say Biggest issue is on public forum but all I will say it starts at the top

No disrespect to South Iredell, But when they played Kannapolis I seen no talent on their team.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Warhead1
No disrespect to South Iredell, But when they played Kannapolis I seen no talent on their team.
With South they had an up n down season. I know at the Statesville game South main RB got hurt in the 1st quarter. But managed to lose only 27-14 to Statesville. He missed out most of the season. Lost a close on to Cox Mill and only a couple scores to Lake Norman. Covid played havoc as they had some players out in some games. Now having said that. I know AL Brown had similar issues. I was at the AL Brown n South game and yes South looked out classed. South will lose some key players but the bulk will be back. I’m just hoping they can build on and have a better and injured free season. I think AL Brown will be tough next season

Reactions: 84k and blazer236
Dude believe me, you would not believe what is going on at South Iredell!!😳😳
I won’t say what I wanna say since it’s public forum all I will say is Any candidate who is interested needs to do research n ask hard questions esp to admin before taking this job

Why would an assistant principal post that on what I assume is a personal page?
If an AP is making public comments like that from a personal page, I’d stay far away from this job. Total lack of professionalism. Makes you wonder what else they’d say or do behind closed doors if they’re so forthcoming on social media.

If an AP is making public comments like that from a personal page, I’d stay far away from this job. Total lack of professionalism. Makes you wonder what else they’d say or do behind closed doors if they’re so forthcoming on social media.
+1 - I didn’t wanna say it but u taken the words out of my mouth

1. Possible candidate JK Adkins who is currently at MT Airy. He is from the area and his 1st HC job was at South Iredell 2005-2006.

2. Jeremy Funderburk- currently at Forbush

3. Jason Lippard

Any others?

Reactions: buzzcoach
1. Possible candidate JK Adkins who is currently at MT Airy. He is from the area and his 1st HC job was at South Iredell 2005-2006.

2. Jeremy Funderburk- currently at Forbush

3. Jason Lippard

Any others?
1-2 is not going to happen if it was they would applied last year

3 is possibly but I’m not sure of his status

I know a few who are interested but can’t say out of respect for those coaches but those coach are solid pick if they do apply n possibly get the job

If JK Adkins were to leave Mt Airy I can tell you three things for sure.
1. With what he has coming back next year a State Championship is his to lose.
2. He most likely can not afford to leave Mt Airy which does a great job supporting him and his staff.
3. I would KILL HIM. OK not actually kill him but would certainly think he has lost his mind. And he is a very smart individual whom the administration here holds him in high regard.

2. He most likely can not afford to leave Mt Airy which does a great job supporting him and his staff.
3. I would KILL HIM. OK not actually kill him but would certainly think he has lost his mind. And he is a very smart individual whom the administration here holds him in high regard.
No way he leaves MT Airy for a Total Rebuild he has it made up in Mt Airy so I agree with your comment

There is a former CLT coach that I could see maying applying and he knows as a player coach n he can rebuild this program if he does apply

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Their is at least 1 MT Airy poster from the 1A board that would like to see him go. And hope Kelly Holder will comeback. This poster has talk so much crap. He thinks Adkins will never win it all as long as he is HC at MT Airy.

He pissed away his best chance at a state this year. MA lost too much on Defense this year. He will not have a D as good as 2021. #1 can't be replaced.

He pissed away his best chance at a state this year. MA lost too much on Defense this year. He will not have a D as good as 2021. #1 can't be replaced.

Will you make up your dang mind? Before the season started they were young. Middle season, they're ahead of schedule. 3 weeks ago they return this this and this.

Now, "he blew his best chance." You can't see the forest for the own fog in your head.

Will you make up your dang mind? Before the season started they were young. Middle season, they're ahead of schedule. 3 weeks ago they return this this and this.

Now, "he blew his best chance." You can't see the forest for the own fog in your head.
I said if he beat Mitchel I would be a believer. He chocked and showed he couldn't prepare a team or win big game in play offs. My mind is made up MA will not win a big playoff game with him.

I said if he beat Mitchel I would be a believer. He chocked and showed he couldn't prepare a team or win big game in play offs. My mind is made up MA will not win a big playoff game with him.
I don’t know him, I don’t really follow MT Airy that much when I was in NC. I will say this If he couldn’t beat Mitchell- then idk how he do vs some of these 4A schools if he got the south iredell job, He has been SI before but going for 1A comp to 4A is totally different imo

Reactions: buzzcoach
What has happened to SI? It wasnt too long ago that they were a contender and a really solid team.....under Coach Miller I think it was....

Statesville High School couldn't beat Mitchell last year and Mitchell had Lake Norman on the ropes this year so beating Mitchell isn't an easy task.

Buzz is just a hater.
MA was Atleast 17 points better than Mitchell this year. 164 yards in penaltys. 5 unsportsmanlike pen and 5.TD s called back. No team discipline and coach had several side line interference calls arguing calls they could have him one more unsportsmanlike and tossed him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT