ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus @ West Columbus

GuardTrapStallion

Sep 1, 2017
The Stallions are off to their hottest start since the 2010 season with a record of 4-0 and hold on the the top of the conference standings. Coach Dove has the men playing sharp but there's still areas to improve upon the next few weeks. What do you guys think?

Stallions over WCHS 45-12 in this week's matchup in Cerro Gordo

Stallions for as many as they want this week...believe west has 15 players...really sad.

I think Thursday note they had 22 on jv team. Some will have to be pulled up this week. 2 others were injured last night,one taken to hospital,1 on crutches from last week. Its as bad as any football program as I've seen in my lifetime. Fairmont played really dirty and tried to fight with a big lead at that. All I can say is I hope more don't get hurt Friday night as some freshmen probably going to be on field. Dove can score with his jv team in whole game. Coach pierce might just go with 14 players or so who knows.

Yeah. I hate that for WC. I think you'll see a lot of scoring quick then a lot
Of 2nd and 3rd come in to get experience. I don't like to see any program go down hill like that. I'm hoping they can build it up in the future and get back on track.

Reactions: dirty stallion
Yes wing-t games aren't even competitive now. Mostly parents attending games. Lost a lot of support last 3 years.

I agree with those statements, it's not exactly fun to have a cupcake game (early) midway through the season. we will get to see our backups and younger players getting some playing time. It's sad but at least its not as bad as say WC and EC playing against each other. They're each other's only competition and will probably be the lone W for either team

Trap I would say EC wins that one.
Oh yeah I agree but I don't foresee those two teams progressing the next few years. They've been on a slow trend down hill since forever ago.
Fun fact: ECHS hasn't beat South ever, since both schools were built.

Anyone know when was the last time WCHS beat south?

Oh yeah I agree but I don't foresee those two teams progressing the next few years. They've been on a slow trend down hill since forever ago.
Fun fact: ECHS hasn't beat South ever, since both schools were built.

Anyone know when was the last time WCHS beat south?

Pretty sure it was 1993.

I beg to differ. West Columbus will beat East Columbus this year. Numbers are way down. East dressed 19 guys against Whiteville. With the conference being as tough as it is Neither team may not have enough to finish the season.

I beg to differ. West Columbus will beat East Columbus this year. Numbers are way down. East dressed 19 guys against Whiteville. With the conference being as tough as it is Neither team may not have enough to finish the season.
That's sad but at least west Columbus has a great band, they always have.

West Columbus has always had good athletes. Numbers are low but I wonder if a lot of their basketball and baseball players are doing the "specializing" deal? That really hurts when some of your better athletes wont play but one sport.

That's where your players are,baseball,basketball. Stallion also look at other area ,please. Kids are allowed to come play first day of school,then wait 11 days before contact,is that fair to others that been there all summer? It will take years now to be competitive if then. But easy for me to say,if I had a son,or grandson their it would be different. I was told basketball should win conf. this year.

Reactions: dirty stallion
Wayne Wiiiliamson had pretty good team that year. In fact 2 or 3 years then he did well. My son was a senior at Whiteville that year. They have been a lot of athletes go through WC those years. You had skilled players coming from Chadbourn each year.
Those days are gone.

I don't see WC finishing season,very sad guys

I don't see WC finishing season,very sad guys

East and West will both struggle to finish the season but West will have a little more in the tank. East is trying to have a JV with 15 players and a varsity with 19? Two to three injuries on either team and its over.

WC has 12 or 13 without pulling up jv players. JV has about 20 or 22. Hard to play with only 2 reserves.

Yes,Dove want do them bad,but does no good for SC having to play like this other than giving starters a rest. EB will have same thing when they play WC. I hate it for WC kids that have worked hard but reality come in to play when weight program really tells the tell in games like this. I don't think we will ever get jobs back in this area to bring kids in or keep parents here like it used to be. Whiteville and South will always have kids it seems.

Chipshot,Vikings had a couple good defensive stands vs Fairmont ,u try build off the things u do good from week to week.

Just heard game is at West col. It was scheduled to be played st South. Idk why they. Hanged locations but they did. Game is at WC.

I just hope nobody gets hurt this week. No doubt about how this one turns out.

Yep we will be there --- you can catch it on Facebook for West Columbus, South Columbus or CCS. Youtube as well plus WRAL HSOT streaming page. I'll put links up here on Friday. Thanks!

Wow.....thanks.....can't make the game but will be watching on my TV....

But will miss out on the atmosphere ☹️......I'll tell you they do a fantastic and professional job broadcasting these games....I am impressed...

Reactions: GuardTrapStallion
Wow.....thanks.....can't make the game but will be watching on my TV....

But will miss out on the atmosphere ☹️......I'll tell you they do a fantastic and professional job broadcasting these games....I am impressed...

We should all chip in and buy an add just for giggles,
“This commercial break is brought to you by... NCpreps2A Stallion Football fanitacs”

Reactions: chipshot1
The livestream has seem to have gone down on YouTube not sure what the issue is

SC sure did not look like a top team tonight.
I know who they were playing but WC looked good first quarter . SC fumbles some just looked out of whack. Did blow it open though,WC only 14 players. Hats off to Vikings for gutfull effort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT