ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus head coach reassigned

tHAT IS A lOT NICER WAY oF DEALING WITH hutch THan most thought would HAPPen to HiM. TaBor City WILL be In Debt, But will GEt THeir MAn ... JOEY Price

Price will more than likely be the HC... No guarantee ...some don't want to start over in 2 years after he retires but my question is of not him then who?..... and you maybe starting over again in 2 years anyway if you don't get the right guy in there ....

Prayers to Coach Kyle Hutchison. He's a good man that cares. Coaching at all levels has turned into "what are you doing for me now" verses "what have you done for me"

How many coaches can be co-champs, co-coach of the year, beat Whiteville and still be relieved of their job?

IT's Not Beiing CO CHamps That got Him removed ... It's the 12-13 REcord. They Probably haven't lOST 13 games in the PRIOR 4-5 yeaRS coMBined before Hutch GOT there. if Hutch did tHAt at East Columbus THey Are building a StatUE. IT's When AND where you Do it ... Hutch went 12-13 At the WrONG place AT the WRong Time.

Reactions: Core31
Everything about this year was an improvement over last year though. Went from 5 wins to 7. Went from 2nd or 3rd in conf. to tieing for 1st. Went from 1st rd exit to 2nd rd exit in playoffs this yr.

This move doesn't seem right from the casual outside observer looking in. They have to have a replacement in mind.

Everything about this year was an improvement over last year though. Went from 5 wins to 7. Went from 2nd or 3rd in conf. to tieing for 1st. Went from 1st rd exit to 2nd rd exit in playoffs this yr.

This move doesn't seem right from the casual outside observer looking in. They have to have a replacement in mind.

South Columbus IS use to WINninG ... 5 and 7 wins Doesn't CUT it in Tabor City. THEY are Use to winning and WinnING a lot Of Games. 9-10 wins A year ... Not 5 & 7. YOu can ASk Some OF the StalLIIIION faithful (Core, CHip, TC, etc...). ITs a very proud ProGRAm and they aRE trying to FIX it before IT grts any worse. ON The Outside Hutch DID a decent job, but THaT's Not S. Columbus football.

Reactions: Core31
Trench is 110% correct is what he's saying.... My sons 7-8 year old team could've been runner-up in the three rivers this year... and Whiteville was highly overrated.... We want STALLION football back... And like trench said losing 13 games in two years isn't stallion football ....shine I don't think we lost that many games in 4-5 years combined before ....

Removing a coach after what he achieved just sets a bad precedent. No coach is safe there.
. THats whY a lOT of GooD coaChes stay awAy fRoM that job. PEople laugh at SOUth ColUmbus hirIng WitHIn "the family", bUt they knOw what to eXpeCt .... FAns, pAreNts, BooStErs and pLayeRs. GooD luck at WhOEVEr they hIre

Reactions: redsprings17
Why do you type with half caps and half lower case? Is it just to TRY to annoy people? Which seems to be the whole point of your posts to begin with.

Reactions: sasha_nc
WWSGRad, iTS nOT pURpOSE I Am Using A Compaq cOMPUTER THAT I PUrCHASSED At a yArd Sale bAck in 2002 ANd I Spilled some jIm bEaM On THE kEyBOaRD A cOUPE yEARS aGO AND some hOw it Messed up The ShiFt Key. WhEn I eMAil somebody ... It takes FOReever AS I try To clean It UP, bUt I Lt iT go On THe Mesafge bOArd. It Bothers MY kids Quite A bit as WEll ... I'm SoRRy, But's The BEST And All I got.

What did he achieve?
The coach was fired after the first game of his first season. No matter what he would do would not be good enough. The writing was on the wall when they brought Jake back to the sidelines last year. Good luck getting Price back. Your best shot may be to get his son.

Would rather have his son to be honest .... Nobody knows if coach price is going to be back no matter what's posted on here.... And how many Stallion games did you attend in the past 2 years to come to the conclusion you have? im sure wherever coach hutch lands he'll be fine.... He just wasn't ready for a head coach job yet especially at a school like South Columbus.... God bless him wish him nothin but the best.

Reactions: dirty stallion
I
Would rather have his son to be honest .... Nobody knows if coach price is going to be back no matter what's posted on here.... And how many Stallion games did you attend in the past 2 years to come to the conclusion you have? im sure wherever coach hutch lands he'll be fine.... He just wasn't ready for a head coach job yet especially at a school like South Columbus.... God bless him wish him nothin but the best.
have been to many games and watched quite a bit of film.

I hear that Whiteville High has hired him as an assistant coach and to teach Social Studies for next year. Also hearing that Joey is not leaving Wallace.

I hear that Whiteville High has hired him as an assistant coach and to teach Social Studies for next year. Also hearing that Joey is not leaving Wallace.

+1 Coach Price isn't leaving Wallace and who could blame him ..... Whitevill posters get the man they want also.... Let the HC hunt begin

First time posting on here guys but I also heard from a very strong source that Joey wasn't leaving Wallace, also heard a strong name in the running is Russell Dove, runs the Wing T and a no nonsense kinda guy. Could be a great fit! Also would like to wish the best of luck to Coach Hutchinson.

First time posting on here guys but I also heard from a very strong source that Joey wasn't leaving Wallace, also heard a strong name in the running is Russell Dove, runs the Wing T and a no nonsense kinda guy. Could be a great fit! Also would like to wish the best of luck to Coach Hutchinson.

Sounds like everything we need

Russell Dove is an extremely good coach and a great person. A God fearing man with a nice family. If he goes to South, this Whiteville fan will wish him the best.

Reactions: dirty stallion
I have heard nothing but good things about him also! It's just a waiting game at this point to see where the chips fall! I know I'm excited!

Have never heard anyone speak negatively about Coach Dove. The Three Rivers Conference looks much friendlier than what West Bladen would face in 2017. Coach Dove or anyone else could coach their butt off and possibly not finish above .500 in that 2A Conference M.
I still would be surprised if South didn't think there was an agreement with someone to come in and coach second semester. Otherwise, why the timing of the reassignment of Hutchison?

Someone drop the ball on the coach price situation I imagine.....how long has Coach Dove been at WB? I remember them being terrible when I was in school.... And you are right wtxy that is one heck of a football conference.... Unlike the three rivers in which I could probably win 4 or 5 games in ....

My understanding on the situation with price was that he knew there were certain people in the area that weren't all for him coming back to south, yet he still gave us a number and told us if we got there he would be back, then when the time came from my understanding his reason for not coming was that he was loved where he was and there were some people here that didn't approve...so IMO I think it's kinda BS BUT all of this is hearsay. So take it with a grain of salt, but back to Coach Dove! He has been at WB for 3 years and they have slowly improved over the time he has been there. Shoot it wasn't anything out of the normal when I was playing at south for WB to win only 1 or 2 games a year and he has had them near or over the .500 mark since he's been there! And in that conference...sheesh... Also just a small word I got last night at the basketball game, Coach Scot Jordan has applied for the position. He used to coach at south sometimes around 03-04.

I have no personal knowledge of Scott Jordan applying for South job. Since his name was mentioned here is some background. Scott Jordan is currently an assistant (running backs coach) at A. L. Brown High school, his alma mater. He has been there since 2006. He was an assistant at Whiteville from 96-98 and South Columbus (with Price) from 99-05. Stallion teams were 74-15 during that stretch. My understanding is that he interviewed for head job in 2014. Rumored that Head Coach job at South salary would be less than his assistant salary at AL Brown.

One question is, would South go with another person with no head coaching experience and who comes from an Auburn-style spread offense currently run by the Wonders. Certainly his previous time at South under Coach Price could weigh heavily in his favor. Second question, Is he an attractive enough hire for the boosters to supplement his pay to make it worth leaving his current situation. Final question, After 20 years as an assistant, how badly does he want to be a head coach?

Coach Jordan was at South when I was there... He's a good coach and I respect him but it's like you said.... What kind of offense does he bring? I know he's coached the wing-t but it's been what 10 years?.... It's going to be an interesting next couple months

I for 1 am glad Coach Price is staying at WRH. We are grateful to have him. Why would he leave a place where he has 4 state titles in 6 years? At WRH he has a chance every year to make a title run. You really don't have that at SC. Duplin County just manufacturers athletes year in and year our. But good luck on finding a new HC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT