ADVERTISEMENT

South Columbus @ East Columbus

GuardTrapStallion

Sep 1, 2017
Stallions remain undefeated after the downfall of St Paul’s last night. East Columbus this Friday night at the swamp. EC shows little that impressed me, Stallions 52-6

Are u kidding? I doubt their will be a football program at WC next year,really. The administration got what they wanted.

It's hard to get up for a game against EC especially at EC(trust me) ... Stallions win by as many as they want but don't be surprised if they're sleep waking

Reactions: WINGT Tradition
It's hard to get up for a game against EC especially at EC(trust me) ... Stallions win by as many as they want but don't be surprised if they're sleep waking
Yep and if memory serves me correctly, EC hasn’t beat SC since the school’s opening in 91-92. 25 years (likely 26 after Friday) in a row the Stallions have topped the gators.

Yep and if memory serves me correctly, EC hasn’t beat SC since the school’s opening in 91-92. 25 years (likely 26 after Friday) in a row the Stallions have topped the gators.
Nope they've never beat us. We'll have more fans at the game than they will too. Of course we'll go easy on them like usual, 49-6.

Nope they've never beat us. We'll have more fans at the game than they will too. Of course we'll go easy on them like usual, 49-6.
Agreed, running clock at the beginning of the 3Q. They’re finally starting to look like a good team, firing on all cylinders.
Also saw last week they were ranked 10th in the state, wonder if we move up a few slots after Friday night

Guys I don't have to tell you,Whiteville getting better too. I give SC the edge vs Whiteville,but they are quick. Should be a good game. As for EC vs SC Dove gets what he wants there 48 or more probably but does your team no good playing WC,EC just stating the truth. SC got 3 good RB.

Guys I don't have to tell you,Whiteville getting better too. I give SC the edge vs Whiteville,but they are quick. Should be a good game. As for EC vs SC Dove gets what he wants there 48 or more probably but does your team no good playing WC,EC just stating the truth. SC got 3 good RB.
Agreed, I hate these cupcake games mid season.

Losing builds character but losing since the school has opened 25 years ago means EC needs to be placed in a conference/league with smaller private schools or something, along with WC also. Let them build their confidence up and play competitive games for several years. It does them no good at all to go 0-10 every year. This is just my Opinion, these schools need to rebuild and getting beat every game for years and years isn't rebuilding...

Reactions: GuardTrapStallion
Losing builds character but losing since the school has opened 25 years ago means EC needs to be placed in a conference/league with smaller private schools or something, along with WC also. Let them build their confidence up and play competitive games for several years. It does them no good at all to go 0-10 every year. This is just my Opinion, these schools need to rebuild and getting beat every game for years and years isn't rebuilding...
You sir are completely correct. I don’t know if I could go into a season knowing the team would go 0-10 year after year.

I know some of the top teams are good but to read some of the posts you would think they are border line NFL teams.

The problem with placing them in a conference like that both schools are very competitive in all the other sports. It would penalize the rest of the athletic program by hurting gate receipts and from a competitive standpoint because one sport can't compete.

Yeah I don't remember a pass attempt, but I left after we went up 49-6. It's a slippery slope, but I would like to see us work on the passing game in some of these no doubt victory games in the conference.

East Columbus became my school by default, ADHS82'. I was rarely in the area enough to attend games like I did at Delco. I became fascinated by what coach Conner, some success, was doing but he got canned. Coach Kasell came in and they had Albermarle on the ropes but couldn't finish and he gets canned. There is a disease in the swamp and it needs to be extradited to lift the curse. The culture at ECHS needs to change like it did at ADHS when they hired a master motivator in Bill Sechrest. If you weren't getting it done he was in your face cursing you out till you got it right. Football Friday's in Delco were actually fun for a while and you felt the team was competitive. I know numbers have dropped drastically from 700+ students to now the low 400's so that puts a damper on what any coach can accomplish. South Columbus should use this game as a practice to work on their passing game because come playoff time, they will need it.

Typical game against EC. Those boys have heart...just not enough players. Dressed 16-17 players. Hard for SC to get pumped up when you look down field and see you're playing that many players. Hats off to EC though for being scrappy. They scored two TDs. One on a fumble recovery and one on offense. I think final was 48-14..I think.

Everyone, we are so sorry... Internet again! Very frustrating. We'll be back with South Rob and South Columbus. Always good internet at SOuth.

SC has a tendicy to come out flat once and while. Or lose focus.Better shore that up. You are leading conf. though. Whiteville standing in way only. Few weeks ago I thought SC would win conf. out right,now I lean more with a Pack win over SC should be a good game.

SC has a tendicy to come out flat once and while. Or lose focus.Better shore that up. You are leading conf. though. Whiteville standing in way only. Few weeks ago I thought SC would win conf. out right,now I lean more with a Pack win over SC should be a good game.
Ok buddy. The Wolfpack supporters are over there. Don't try to come back over after we beat them!

in our bad years we still usually find a way to beat Whiteville..... sooo

Reactions: SCHS 96
Agreed with Core. We beat Whiteville even the years when we shouldn't. We beat them from 1995(my senior team started the streak :cool:) all the way to 2005 for 10 years straight. Then they beat us in our two down years in the past 20 years in 2006 and 2009. That's it when it comes to Whiteville wins vs the Stallions.

Needless to say, I like our chances :cool:

We won't be playing teams the calibar of East/West Culumbus in the playoffs.

Can't judge a game against EC or WC. After WC game SC was predicted to lose once again and made St Paul's look like a JV team. Now after EC game people will predict SC to lose to whoever. What is SC suppose to do? Beat EC 100-0? Would that make them more of a powerhouse? I think 48-14 is good enough...that's why SC took a knee instead of going for extra points towards the end of the game. SC will come Out swarming next week. I'm sure there will be haters predicting them to lose once again.

Agreed with Core. We beat Whiteville even the years when we shouldn't. We beat them from 1995(my senior team started the streak :cool:) all the way to 2005 for 10 years straight. Then they beat us in our two down years in the past 20 years in 2006 and 2009. That's it when it comes to Whiteville wins vs the Stallions.

Needless to say, I like our chances :cool:

Lot of football to play before South vs Whiteville . But since we are giving the history of the game. Whiteville wins 1992, 93, 94, 2006, 2009, 2014. Some games have been close , but the majority have not . South has had our number for some time now . Almost doesn't live up to the definition of a true rivalry IMO because of our not being competitive year in and year out. Hopefully in my lifetime that changes. Only time will tell!

Lot of football to play before South vs Whiteville . But since we are giving the history of the game. Whiteville wins 1992, 93, 94, 2006, 2009, 2014. Some games have been close , but the majority have not . South has had our number for some time now . Almost doesn't live up to the definition of a true rivalry IMO because of our not being competitive year in and year out. Hopefully in my lifetime that changes. Only time will tell!
2013 @ WHS and 2015 @ SCHS(or was it 2016) were great games, both for conference championships I believe. Expect the same this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT