ADVERTISEMENT

Smoky Mountain vs Swain, or does any one care?

KevinFromSwain, I'm sure all of the players, parents, real fans, etc. care a lot...

Looking forward to this one though. I'm friends with both HC's, so it will provide some banter. I've gotta go with Smoky by a few TD's though. McNeely's a beast! Will probably be the best back Swain sees all season.

Last edited:
KevinFromSwain, I'm sure all of the players, parents, real fans, etc. care a lot...

Looking forward to this one though. I'm good friends with both HC's, so it will provide some banter. I've gotta go with Smoky by a few TD's though. Isaac McNeely is a beast! Will probably be the best back Swain sees all season.
Ehhhh.. that’s stretching it. Cutler Adams, Isaac Weaver and Austin Martin will have a say in that….

This will be Swains first true test to see where they are at. Smoky is a solid team. North Buncombe team was not really good and if swain plays like they did against them then I would say Smoky by 3TD's at least

Swain has a chance to make a statement this Friday for sure.

I expect it to be rather tough sledding for a team that is finding itself rn; the pass game looked shaky at best against North Buncombe and the O/D line appears to lack size & strength. They ran the ball ok and definitely have some explosiveness when let loose. I would also say conditioning looked like a factor but most teams look that way in week 1.

Smoky should be very motivated to lay it on thick in Bryson considering the way they've been handled the past few years. They should outmatch Swain in size but that rarely has mattered in years past. If Smoky can get out ahead quickly and keep the foot on the pedal (in years past thats exactly why they've lost to Swain) they should pull away by the 4th.

All that aside Swain typically finds a way against Smoky and regardless of talent these 2 teams usually deliver a dandy of a game. I'm going with Swain by 1

Those Streater boys must have been something else!? I can’t believe how often their names come up on here! What a tribute to the caliber of players they had to have been!
Jimmy. Played ball in the Canadian Football league for years and Steve after being sign up by Washington was involved in a car wreak before he could shine in the NFL. One oF those two pitch two games, winning at least one 3A NCHSAA Baseball titles.

Anyone from Cherokee tell us about what SM showed last Friday?
I don’t have much to add as far as scouting but I have heard some talk about the game.

Apparently it was Cherokee miscues + Smoky capitalization. Good field position for Smoky, Cherokee penalties, 2 ints and several fumbles for Cherokee etc. Take that as you will considering Cherokee has definitely been a team that takes some time to get rolling; rarely has a Cherokee squad been at full speed weeks 1-4.

One thing I did hear was that it wasn’t a massacre per se. It was only like 16-0 at halftime and Cherokee had some chances, which makes one wonder if Smoky is a tad overrated or if Cherokee isn’t as down as people think. I didn’t see the game so again, take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Cherokee ran the ball on them just kept turning it over, we held their run game in check til the second half and just got wore down. Their 16 points in the first half were off of two 40+ yard passes and a field goal

Simmons has Hayesville losing.
He may be right but I don't see it.
Yeah I seen that too. But I was shocked that Hayesville only beat Towns by 1 and only had like 48 yards of passing yds. Was Towns that improved or is Hayesville struggling

Yeah I seen that too. But I was shocked that Hayesville only beat Towns by 1 and only had like 48 yards of passing yds. Was Towns that improved or is Hayesville struggling

First half Hayesville didn't block anyone.. 2nd was better. Jackets look improved on defense. They need to see a big improvement on the o-line. The game had a lot of emotion due to the rivalry. Both teams had some costly penalities.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
First half Hayesville didn't block anyone.. 2nd was better. Jackets look improved on defense. They need to see a big improvement on the o-line. The game had a lot of emotion due to the rivalry. Both teams had some costly penalities.
Thanks for update. It was also 1st game of season. Good luck this season

Reactions: recycled2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT