ADVERTISEMENT

Smokey at Cherokee

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
This is a nice little rivalry that will pack kinsland stadium. Two towns separated by 15 min who haven't played each other since prob 5 or so years ago. Should be a good one. Hopefully Evans will be back for the Braves along some of the lineman. This will be the biggest game this young team has played. I think the two scrimmaged last year. What's your thoughts

I heard SM was banged up. I like them in this game but I know the young Brave team will make them earn it.

I think we own the patent on being banged up. We gotta get healthy, fast!
Great matchup to get us ready for SMC ball.

I think it is an awesome match-up. Status of tailback? You guys have him and Mintz and the WR stay on track yall could put some points up. The SM defense is very physical.

I would like to see the Braves pull this one off... A little revenge for their swain co neighbors :mad:

I would like to see the Braves pull this one off... A little revenge for their swain co neighbors :mad:

I agree it would be great to see Cherokee pull off the upset here. It's going to be tough though as we all know Smoky shutout Swain and it took a last minute 2 pt conversion for Robbinsville to beat them. Good luck to the Braves!!!

yup 4th, been a while since the Devils have been shut out would like someone from the SMC get em back lol.. CWY has a chance if they are on the A game would be a GREAT upset ... good young QB and some of the best tackle #'s in the west ... I remember back in the early 80's we always knew when we played the Braves you were going to get hit and hard, hope to see them get back there... unless they are playing Swain of course ... competition is good for the SMC .. like Haysville and the R Tigers having a fair start when conference play starts should make all the programs a little better an take nothing for granted

Reactions: Mosteller 22
I read on Facebook they are presale tickets available. This will be the biggest game for these two programs in a long time. Lots of people excited all my friends from slyva are talking smack already should be a great high school atmosphere .. Go Braves !!!!

Looks like the weather is definitely going to be "football" weather.

GO BIG BRAVES GO!!

Cherokee looks very good on film. Their QB is the real deal and may be the best one we face all year. They are strong at the skill positions as well so he has plenty of weapons. Gonna be a tough game over there. Should be a great atmosphere for sure! If we control the ball and clock we win.

Cherokee looks very good on film. Their QB is the real deal and may be the best one we face all year. They are strong at the skill positions as well so he has plenty of weapons. Gonna be a tough game over there. Should be a great atmosphere for sure! If we control the ball and clock we win.

Thanks Steelers71, It's gonna take a lot of hard play and a little luck for us to pull out a win. Anybody that shuts out Swain County is on our radar for sure!!

This game intrigues me more than the Swain/Tuscola game. I think more people are talking about what color jerseys the boys will be wearing versus the actual game. I'd like to see the new young players Cherokee has as well and how they do when Wolfe gets the ball for SM. He didn't touch it enough against Swain, which makes me wonder if they're just trying not to get him hurt with basketball season ahead.

I too am excited about this one . I'm hearing our rb will be back this week which is great for the Braves. Should be a good one . Hopefully a couple of the injured guys will be back too. Go Braves

Good Luck tonight Braves Hope you pull it off Should be a good un ... I got 5 points ridding on you in the pick em ... not that it will help me much LOL

Smokey scores with 45 sec left only to have Mintz break two runs and get it to the 15 then a td pass with 2 seconds left for the win ... What a game ... I'm horse from cheering so much lol

Wow is all I can say!! What a game!! Braves don't ever give up. Never, never, never! I'm too hoarse to talk too! Packed house. Took in some coins tonight. Fans got their monies worth too.

Way to go Braves....Sounds like things are really coming together for Cherokee....

Congrats on the big win!

Roar Tigers Roar!

The real thing is that cherokee really controlled the whole game. At one point looked like cherokee was gonna go up three scores.. Then smokey came roaring back. Hats off to smokey. But not bad for a whole fresh and soph offensive line who I thought dominated tonight .. Not to mention our soph qb who is becoming a star. And a fresh rb who is gonna be a stud... Then you had the two senior leaders making plays on defense like crazy.. One of the best efforts I've seen from the Braves in the last 5 or so years ..

The real thing is that cherokee really controlled the whole game. At one point looked like cherokee was gonna go up three scores.. Then smokey came roaring back. Hats off to smokey. But not bad for a whole fresh and soph offensive line who I thought dominated tonight .. Not to mention our soph qb who is becoming a star. And a fresh rb who is gonna be a stud... Then you had the two senior leaders making plays on defense like crazy.. One of the best efforts I've seen from the Braves in the last 5 or so years ..

Right on with your assessment. Bright future for the Braves!!!

Cherokee QB was as good as we thought. They played great and we just didn't make the plays we needed to. Hats off to the kids and coaches at Cherokee. Bright future for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT