ADVERTISEMENT

1A SMC

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
Congratulations to the Murphy Lady Bulldogs. Go out and bring home the State Title to Cherokee County and the SMC. I felt the brackets were stacked against the SMC and I hated to see the matchup this early against Cherokee. The Lady Braves had another great season. Also Hiwassee Dam losing a nail bitter after leading for most of the game and by double digits. What a great season after losing such a great squad that dominated the last 4 years. You have a lot to be proud of. Proud to be a fan of the SMC and were not just good at football !!! Lol

Reactions: mbdfan
Murphy walked into the Lions Den and got the job done . Big time year for Bulldog sports
After watching Andrews play Atkins, who battled with Mt Airy all season in their NW Conference I really feel Murphy can take the game against Mt Airy. Murphy's size packed in that zone will be hard to beat. Good luck Bulldogs

Girls
26f9-fe0f-200d-2640-fe0f.png

Mount Airy (50) Atkins(27) Final

Reactions: sbbbfan
Murphy, excuse me, the combined team of Murphy/Hiawassee dam, is about like playing a Charter School!

Murphy have a safe trip down/up to Mount Airy Tuesday. Should be a good game.
If any need a motel I can refer you to one with low winter rates with a A 99.0 sanitation rating and 4 & 1/2 stars out of 5 ,clean nice rooms . They do have 2 smoking rooms . All the rest are now smoking. Tell them Odell said to give you the 65.00 rate.

Last edited:
Murphy, excuse me, the combined team of Murphy/Hiawassee dam, is about like playing a Charter School!
Yep one transfer from Hiwassee Dam who had a bonafide change of residency, that definitely constitutes a combined team :rolleyes:. If it was an actual combined team they wouldn't have been touched in 1A. Get over yourself Sam...

Last edited:
What kind of team did Cherokee have??
A team with great guard play but very little size, basically the opposite of Murphy. I'm in no way implying Murphy's guard play is bad but their bread and butter is definitely their big frontcourt.

What kind of squad does Mount Airy have? Any size?

Last edited:
quick guards and decent size....guards are tough

I watched them play Atkins last night. Very good guard play, and have nice size. I think this will be a great game MA I think holds the advantage on the guard position with Murphy having the advantage at the forward
Position should be a great battle.

Congratulations to Murphy on a great season. It was a very exciting game against Bears. Also thanks to all the great fans that came out for both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT