ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Week 3

Usdi Watali

Aug 23, 2022
How y'all feeling this week?

I predict Swain over Franklin but lord knows that is rarely ever an easy game for either side.

Rville & Andrews seem have an opportunity to roll along

Cherokee with another Battle of the Nations on the horizon; Choctaw finished 4-5 last season and are currently 0-1. This game is usually a battle so I'd say its a toss-up.

Let's hope we get an SMC sweep.

Reactions: BK13T-$
After watching Swain I believe they will beat Franklin and win the SMC

Agree Rville and Andrews will roll

Cherokee will win
I think Swain has the talent to do so and, With all due respect, they really should’ve shut smoky out if the coaching was up to par.

If I had to bet today I’d go with a tie of some sort, perhaps not involving the big 3.

That said I believe it hinges on what Murphy/Swain does these next few weeks. If one of them catches fire, look out.

Rville and Andrews seem the most ready to compete right now, which is scary for everyone else.

Also, I didn’t mean to leave out Hayesville. I’ve no clue what N Georgia has but I hope the Yellow Jackets get in the win column.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I think Swain has the talent to do so and, With all due respect, they really should’ve shut smoky out if the coaching was up to par.

If I had to bet today I’d go with a tie of some sort, perhaps not involving the big 3.

That said I believe it hinges on what Murphy/Swain does these next few weeks. If one of them catches fire, look out.

Rville and Andrews seem the most ready to compete right now, which is scary for everyone else.
I agree. They should have won that game hands down. I know Smoky Mtn was without star running back but Swain defense is big and full of athletes. Their offense is new and they are getting better every week. Smoky Mtn was big but didn’t like taking big hits. Murphy is big with plenty of depth on the line and good running game. If they can start catching the ball their passing game will be dangerous. Qb is very accurate ! Cherokee has big returning line and always has athletes. Hayesville can no longer say they are young. That team should start showing big things especially in the passing game but size and depth on the line seems to always be their problem. If everyone thinks it’s going to be Andrews and Robbinsville they might be right but it’s not going to be a cakewalk this year and I personally think they will be many upsets this season. Just my opinion but i’m sure some will get butthurt over this. Go Wildcats

Reactions: Usdi Watali
I agree. They should have won that game hands down. I know Smoky Mtn was without star running back but Swain defense is big and full of athletes. Their offense is new and they are getting better every week. Smoky Mtn was big but didn’t like taking big hits. Murphy is big with plenty of depth on the line and good running game. If they can start catching the ball their passing game will be dangerous. Qb is very accurate ! Cherokee has big returning line and always has athletes. Hayesville can no longer say they are young. That team should start showing big things especially in the passing game but size and depth on the line seems to always be their problem. If everyone thinks it’s going to be Andrews and Robbinsville they might be right but it’s not going to be a cakewalk this year and I personally think they will be many upsets this season. Just my opinion but i’m sure some will get butthurt over this. Go Wildcats
While I agree, I think the SMC as a whole was better last year….. Robbinsville looks to have improved a little so far… Murphy is down this year compared to last…. Hayesville may be better but Cherokee isn’t as good as they were last year… as it stands right now… if Murphy and Swain can make adjustments, that might just happen…. But as for right now I think Robbinsville and Andrews are the clear favorites with possibly a slight edge to Andrews as long as they stay healthy. That also may ruffle some feathers but that’s just my opinion.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
While I agree, I think the SMC as a whole was better last year….. Robbinsville looks to have improved a little so far… Murphy is down this year compared to last…. Hayesville may be better but Cherokee isn’t as good as they were last year… as it stands right now… if Murphy and Swain can make adjustments, that might just happen…. But as for right now I think Robbinsville and Andrews are the clear favorites with possibly a slight edge to Andrews as long as they stay healthy. That also may ruffle some feathers but that’s just my opinion.
I think it’s going to be a interesting season. Still some tough non conference games to go and hopefully everyone will be healthy afterwards.

The Mitchell Andrews game will tell us a whole lot
Yes for sure. It’s tough to win at Mitchell especially after a 3 hour road trip. Remember what they did to Robbinsville in the Western Region Championship last year. I won’t worry one way or another win or lose. Hopefully we will go in and compete at a high level and leave healthy.

This season's team is tackling well; I saw a lot of gang tackling and follow up after the big licks. Hopefully they dont get down on themselves and remain boisterous and disruptive. I also forgot to note, the blocked field goal against NB was impressive, the blocked punt Smoky got on Swain was unacceptable. I'm not sure what they were going for but it appeared they didn't line up the punter very far back at all; hopefully they figure out something with this special teams unit as a whole.

Cherokee is better than they are playing, I wouldn't be surprised if by years end they are breathing down everyone's neck.

Well Andrews whipped them last year and Mitchell made it much further in the playoffs. So therefore last years game didn't tell u a whole lot

Well Andrews whipped them last year and Mitchell made it much further in the playoffs. So therefore last years game didn't tell u a whole lot
Andrews is a year older and didn’t lose anyone. Mitchell was without some players in the Andrews game last year. Andrews also nursed injuries all year long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT