ADVERTISEMENT

SMC REFEREE

murphy#31

Feb 23, 2011
I saw a first tonight and thought it was wrong during Andrews/Murphy game and i wanted to share my opinion. One of the referees berated a player the full length of the court and mouthing to player the entire time. He did this to the player that was trying to walk away from him. As the adult in the situation amongst kids u failed as u continued until calling a technical. Be a grown up. You were in the wrong and wouldn't even speak to the coach to explain the situation.

I saw a first tonight and thought it was wrong during Andrews/Murphy game and i wanted to share my opinion. One of the referees berated a player the full length of the court and mouthing to player the entire time. He did this to the player that was trying to walk away from him. As the adult in the situation amongst kids u failed as u continued until calling a technical. Be a grown up. You were in the wrong and wouldn't even speak to the coach to explain the situation.
the initial call happened within two feet of me ,he accused the kid of cussing , the kid told him he didn't say anything which I didn't hear him say anything , the ref followed him all the way down the floor accusing him of cussing , the kid said I didn't cuss and he teed him up. Andrews coach even told the kid he was done wrong.

Sounds way too familiar and a couple of refs specifically come to mind but we've been there for years now. But then when we changed referees everyone wants to complain. The smc refs wouldn't be that bad of they'd actually get rid of the ones everyone complains about on a regular basis. The main one should be the first to go and I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about. Gotta cut the head off the snake.

Sounds way too familiar and a couple of refs specifically come to mind but we've been there for years now. But then when we changed referees everyone wants to complain. The smc refs wouldn't be that bad of they'd actually get rid of the ones everyone complains about on a regular basis. The main one should be the first to go and I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about. Gotta cut the head off the snake.
The coach should have told the ref to address him and not his player.

Reactions: gal durnit
The coach should have told the ref to address him and not his player.
True but as someone previously posted, the referee is the adult in the situation so he could've easily stopped it himself. I've seen these guys bait other kids into getting technicals as well and there's no call for that as "professionals".

We're absolutely awful at Hayesville Saturday nite. We need to look at Asheville too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT