ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Basketball

Anyone know if Maroon Devil Network is carrying smc tournament games?
Tonight’s have an ‘upcoming’ link on the YouTube page. So looks promising.
Anyone know the tournament schedule?
Tonight is Hayesville/Andrews boys and Murphy/Swain girls. Tomorrow is Swain/Robbinsville boys and Cherokee/Robbinsville girls. Finals Friday. Girls at 630 boys at 8.

Reactions: KW23
Tonight’s have an ‘upcoming’ link on the YouTube page. So looks promising.

Tonight is Hayesville/Andrews boys and Murphy/Swain girls. Tomorrow is Swain/Robbinsville boys and Cherokee/Robbinsville girls. Finals Friday. Girls at 630 boys at 8.
I’m almost positive MDN is streaming the games.

I get that. Although for the record, Hendersonville was an SMC team in the late 90s and early 2000s. They also had some really good playoff battles with SMC teams after they left the SMC but before they went 2A. (had a thriller with Murphy in 2009 sectional final and hit a last minute 3 to beat Nantahala in regionals in 2010). My hot take is that, after watching the R-S Central/Hendersonville game on NFHS the other night, I do think Hayesville could play with Hendersonville (although I think they would struggle with R-S Central). But I guess we will never know.

As far as who the threats are, I think people are sleeping on Bessemer City. Good size and quickness, and knocked off Shelby (consistent 2A contender and projected 3-seed in 2A west) the other night to sha

I’m almost positive MDN is streaming the games.
what is MDN? Do you have a link? Thanks

Robbinsville girls 65
Cherokee 58
The refs let this become a football game. Kid fouled out multiple with 4 fouls.
Terrible job by the refs.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Robbinsville girls 65
Cherokee 58
The refs let this become a football game. Kid fouled out multiple with 4 fouls.
Terrible job by the refs.
Last night wasn’t much better. Hayesville point guard picked up 3 in about the first minute of the game and had to sit until well after halftime. Andrews coach got a quick trigger tech. Etc etc

Reactions: BK13T-$
when that 1 official is on the court(not sure of his name), you can bet the game will be secondary to him drawing attention to himself
I'm not sure if this was the official, but watching Hayesville vs. Andrews boys the other night, I noticed an official stop the game and get the cops to address a fan. The fan looked like a dad that was pulling for his team. That, in my opinion, is a little too excessive. If you can't handle fans saying anything to or about you, probably shouldn't CHOOSE to officiate.

I'm not sure if this was the official, but watching Hayesville vs. Andrews boys the other night, I noticed an official stop the game and get the cops to address a fan. The fan looked like a dad that was pulling for his team. That, in my opinion, is a little too excessive. If you can't handle fans saying anything to or about you, probably shouldn't CHOOSE to officiate.
First time I ever seen him officiate was at Blue Ridge. It was all about him. Later he started to throw me out for being to close to the court. Have you ever been court side at Blue Ridge ? Lol. At a timeout he was standing right in front of me and I asked him if he had ever played a minute of basketball and he responded with He was All State !!! We had a big laugh and he is forever known as Mr All State !!

Reactions: therealsquid
Biased yes for sure but mctaggart has dominated him the throughout their careers they have played plenty. Sure miles shoots it a little better but isn't near the athlete, defender or rebounder mctaggart is.
Hayesville has struggled with Swain, Robbinsville, and Andrews this year. If they played Franklin they would likely be beat by 10-20 maybe more if it was later in the season. Franklin flipped a switch after Christmas.

It is him. He leads the free world in fan ejections.

The fan was the dad of one of the Hayesville boys, a coach himself, and one of the best guys I know. That particular official - I won't say his name - is an egomaniac with Napoleon syndrome. If you ask most of the other officials in private they will tell you the same thing. I think the vast majority of officials do a good job and are honorable, even when I sometimes disagree with them. He is the exception that rule

The man has such an ego that his water bottle has his own picture on it.

I guess we’ll never know about this year, but i still stand by my assumption. Franklin wins big if both bring their A game. Too much depth, more athletic, more experienced, and have the size to neutralize Jake. I’m pulling for both to do well, but neither will bring home any hardware.

Thanks for pulling for us and you were half right, Franklin didn't get any hardware.

Look, whatever makes you feel better I guess. Most people make excuses after a loss, but you took it to a new level lol! Robbinsville played you tough, doesn’t matter if TM was out or not. You were not winning that game by 20+ with him! That’s a FACT! And I’ll only eat crow if you win it all. Which I don’t think will happen.

Blackcat93, how do you like your crow? Boiled?

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
I’ve already eat my crow on the other thread! But grilled is the answer you’re looking for. I watched every playoff game hoping they would win!

I was definitely wrong about Cherokee girls in our Preseason rankings.
If I could go back, I'd switch them and Murphy and have 1. Rville, 2. Cherokee, 3. Swain, 4. Murphy, 5. Hayesville, 6. Andrews.
But hey, UNC was preseason #1 in NCAA rankings and they're not even in the top25, that's why they're preseason rankings lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT