ADVERTISEMENT

SMC 2018!!! What are your thoughts!!!

we had some nice line men come up from jvs last year and two who have been really getting after it in the weight room i must say the atmosphere from when i played to now has changed drastically plus we have 3 nice quarterbacks who can come in and deliver the goods!! been awhile since we have saw that. i'm not saying we are the best in the smc but i believe we will turn some heads this year
McClure and McTaggart are going to be studs.

Last edited:
Hayesville’s offense should be much improved. I hear their OC has moved up from rookie level in Madden. The playbook should be expanded.

We looked good in 7on7 vs union county ga.
Heard we will be at west hendo 7on7. Thursday I think

Heard Rosman was running empty back field shotgun like Atlanta Falcons use to run.

I have missed all 7 on 7 out of town. Man I hate missing football stuff even the 7 on 7. I'm so ready for Football, now I'm just getting impatient.lol

Reactions: BK13T-$
Heard swain lost 1 of there gritty linebackers!! I don't think there gonna be what unz are all talkin about!! I believe its gonna be between us and Murphy 1 more year!!

Cody will be missed. Great kid. One of my favorites. He would have started on defense as a LB. Probably some special teams. Will not hurt us offensively but we will miss him on defense. We have another junior that is going to fill in nicely.

What's up with all these kids quitting? Just a sign of the times, I guess? I mean kids quit all the time but not usually players that are going to start. I know Murphy had a senior 2 way starter quit, a junior that was going start quit and a sophomore who was probably there best skill kid on JV last year quit.

Last edited:
Cody will be missed. Great kid. One of my favorites. He would have started on defense as a LB. Probably some special teams. Will not hurt us offensively but we will miss him on defense. We have another junior that is going to fill in nicely.
There is no shame in not playing football.. Life goes on..It's best for the kid not to play if his heart's not in it..Wish him the best.

There is no shame in not playing football.. Life goes on..It's best for the kid not to play if his heart's not in it..Wish him the best.
We always talk about cancers infected our teams but when a kid just has nothing left do not fault them. I think your statement is on the money. Just means another kid will have to step up. Good luck to that kid and the season will go on.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
We always talk about cancers infected our teams but when a kid just has nothing left do not fault them. I think your statement is on the money. Just means another kid will have to step up. Good luck to that kid and the season will go on.
Heard the Black Knights had pretty much ridded their team of cancers this year.
I sure hope so.

Ready for it to get started. A lot of interesting things going on it sounds like. That’s why you play the game though

Ready for it to get started. A lot of interesting things going on it sounds like. That’s why you play the game though
Wildcat,have you heard we may be getting a couple Andrews transfers? The brothers played all through little league here and still live here?

Reactions: BK13T-$
It’s disheartening to hear Year in and year out of kids transferring. No school pride anymore. I’ve said it once and I will say it again. I would not go to a school for 8 years and leave to go to another in conference school just to play on a winning team. I would gladly stay and go 0 - 10 to play alongside my friends. I would like to see how many kids transferred and didn’t win a Championship and I would like to know how many got any college offers by making a move. It’s more the parents than the kids

I dont think they live in Robbinsville but i could be wrong. Two more linemen would help.

I heard the Mathis kid from andrews isnt playing this year.
That would suck 4 the cats.

I dont think they live in Robbinsville but i could be wrong. Two more linemen would help.

I heard the Mathis kid from andrews isnt playing this year.
That would suck 4 the cats.
Yes that’s what I’ve heard. He has great hands and I believe was under used last season. I believe he decided to focus his Senior year on basketball and I respect that

Pretty certain they live in Andrews but are from Robbinsville originally. This isn't the 1st time I have heard they are going to Robbinsville...guess time will tell. I also believe the younger one ran the ball at Andrews and would make a pretty small lineman.

Last edited:
I have seen the boys all summer down around here in R’ville with their kin but they also have 3 sisters one just graduated but have not seen them around. I have not heard or seen them participating in anything. They still rep their Andrews gear when I see them around. I agree they would be a help but just rumors right now.

It’s disheartening to hear Year in and year out of kids transferring. No school pride anymore. I’ve said it once and I will say it again. I would not go to a school for 8 years and leave to go to another in conference school just to play on a winning team. I would gladly stay and go 0 - 10 to play alongside my friends. I would like to see how many kids transferred and didn’t win a Championship and I would like to know how many got any college offers by making a move. It’s more the parents than the kids
Couldn’t agree more. Ring chasing is all it is. I feel the reward of a championship becomes tainted a little when success is predominantly because of transfers. We can complain but like Jerry Seinfeld says, we are all just rooting for laundry.

Ask the boys that left to go to Swain . Where did Swain get them ? Sure they added to a good team . Basically two youth teams in one . I’d much rather do it like Cherokee did it this year with its own kids

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT