ADVERTISEMENT

SMAC Picks Wk 5

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
Burns @ Kings Mountain: Conference game of the week, it will be a good one. Both teams will have much success running the ball. I'm assuming Hill is good to go w/ the gimpy ankle. Burris is more than capable of filling in, but Burns will need that monster back at his post on defense. I'm sure that he will be given a significant amount of carries, though. KM feature athletes galore, offensively, they have tons of speed. McClain, at running back, is playing some good football. Turnovers will be huge in this game. Execution in the passing game will be critical for both teams, in order to keep the defenses honest. KM is at home, so I will go with the Mountaineers in what should be a heck of a ball game. 30-21 KM

Shelby @ Chase:
The Lions big, 45-14 Shelby.

Crest @ TCR: The Rams over the Chargers in an upset, 21-14 Rams

East Burke @ East Rutherford:
Cavs win, 28-14 ER

Draughn @ RS: 28-14 Hilltoppers

Last edited:
Burns @ Kings Mountain: Conference game of the week, it will be a good one. Both teams will have much success running the ball. I'm assuming Hill is good to go w/ the gimpy ankle. Burris is more than capable of filling in, but Burns will need that monster back at his post on defense. I'm sure that he will be given a significant amount of carries, though. KM feature athletes galore, offensively, they have tons of speed. McClain, at running back, is playing some good football. Turnovers will be huge in this game. Execution in the passing game will be critical for both teams, in order to keep the defenses honest. KM is at home, so I will go with the Mountaineers in what should be a heck of a ball game. 30-21 KM

Shelby @ Chase:
The Lions big, 45-14 Shelby.

Crest @ TCR: The Rams over the Chargers in an upset, 21-14 Rams

East Burke @ East Rutherford:
Cavs win, 28-14 ER

Draughn @ RS: 28-14 Hilltoppers

Burns at KM - This is a good matchup for both teams. Burns defensive front seven should test KM's o-line while KM's offensive versatility will cause stress for Burn's defense. If Burns can run the ball consistently and chew the clock up than they will be in the game with a shot to pull it out. If KM can run the ball consistently than it will be a long night for the Dawgs because that will set up KM's passing game. My prediction is KM 27-14 at home.

Crest at TCR- All of a sudden this one is a hard one to call. Does Crest still have the heart of a champion? We will find out. This one is a toss up for me so I predict TCR 21-20 over the Chargers.

East Burke at ER- After having the whole can opened up on them last week by KM, ER bounces back 28-7 at home.

Draughn at RS- RS 21-20 at home.

Shelby at Chase- The streak continues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
KM over Burns

Shelby dominates

Crest...just sad now. Not even fun to pick on the power ponies anymore...even the fans know it's over TCR wins 28-10

Burns vs KM - I gotta go with my Dawgs right? I think this will be a very good game. We've hung in there with KM the last couple of years when we weren't that great of a team. It obviously depends on which KM team shows up this week. I think we win in a close one.

Shelby vs Chase - Running clock in the second half. This one gets ugly

Crest vs TCR - Who would have thought that this would be an interesting game? I think Crest dominates with their defense and their offense does just enough. Crest by a gnat's eyelash.

EB vs ER - East wins comfortably

Draughn vs RS - RS wins by a few scores.

Burns vs. KM- Burns 21-17
Crust vs. TC- TC 21-14
Shelby vs Chase - Shelby 50- 7
EB vs. ER-ER 30-14
Draughn vs RS- RS 38-14

Burns will have a few more than KM and there will be much rejoicing in the U.C.
Crest and TC will battle into 37 OTs before they call it a scoreless tie
Shelby will enact the mercy rule with 9 minutes left in the 1st qtr
Really don't care about the other 2

KM by 21
Shelby 45-7
TC by 21
East by 14
RS by 13

*heard Clark kicked off the RB that was getting most of their scores and now starting 5 soph on defense.

These scores are comical lol. Crest may very well lose to Robeson. But if they do it will be because of the offensive line not the defense. The defense is actually playing really good as long as everyone is back healthy this week. Im gonna say 13 to 10 Crest. Kings mtn will roll over Burns who will play their first real team. 38 to 17 KM. Shelby will destroy chase. And the others are not cleveland county so it dont matter lol

These scores are comical lol. Crest may very well lose to Robeson. But if they do it will be because of the offensive line not the defense. The defense is actually playing really good as long as everyone is back healthy this week. Im gonna say 13 to 10 Crest. Kings mtn will roll over Burns who will play their first real team. 38 to 17 KM. Shelby will destroy chase. And the others are not cleveland county so it dont matter lol

I agree crest can't score crest may very well win but they will have to do it with 10 or less points! My heart says 10 to 7 crest my head says the score will be reversed!

After watching TCR play Freedom I'll be very surprised if they beat Crest.
TCR and Freedom are both slightly above average. #1 for TCR has speed,
but didn't get used properly if you ask me. Crest D will pull this one out!

The Chargers get back at it this week with big win over TC 35 to 0.Lets go CHARGERS.

After watching TCR play Freedom I'll be very surprised if they beat Crest.
TCR and Freedom are both slightly above average. #1 for TCR has speed,
but didn't get used properly if you ask me. Crest D will pull this one out!
Then East Rutherford must be horrible.

Burns @ Kings Mountain: 34-14 KM

Shelby @ Chase: 49-7 Shelby

Crest @ TCR: 21-7 TC

East Burke @ East Rutherford: 28-21 East Rutherford

Draughn @ RS: 35-7 RS Central

Burns @KM .... Biggest game Burns has had in 3 years. I hope we can match the intensity and play mistake free. I know this will be a learning experience for this team win or lose. Tallest task thus far. Ill keep my score to myself

Shelby 54 Chase 7

Crest 27 TCR 10

EB 14 ER 27

Draughn 13 RSC 20

Huge game for both Burns and KM. I feel KM will be too much for the Dawgs but it should be a close game. If not, then Burns improvement fooled us all.

Crest looked dreadful in first half against Draughn last week. Crest fans are really nervous about this one. TC looks much improved. Crest wins a low scoring affair.

Shelby ROLLS over Chase. As someone else said, running clock early.
Good luck to all teams

ER beats E Burke

RS over Draughn

Huge game for both Burns and KM. I feel KM will be too much for the Dawgs but it should be a close game. If not, then Burns improvement fooled us all.

Crest looked dreadful in first half against Draughn last week. Crest fans are really nervous about this one. TC looks much improved. Crest wins a low scoring affair.

Shelby ROLLS over Chase. As someone else said, running clock early.
Good luck to all teams

ER beats E Burke

RS over Draughn

nice backhanded insult. If it were to not be a close game, doesnt mean improvement has fooled anybody. a state semi finalist in their house is a tall task for any team, Burns has improved leaps and bounds regardless of this outcome already. Burns fans are excited that we are competing and we have big games again in such a short amount of time. nice try jack a**

nice backhanded insult. If it were to not be a close game, doesnt mean improvement has fooled anybody. a state semi finalist in their house is a tall task for any team, Burns has improved leaps and bounds regardless of this outcome already. Burns fans are excited that we are competing and we have big games again in such a short amount of time. nice try jack a**
Could not agree more rev.....especially if 6 cant go and that will be a game time decision. Its a big spotlight for these kids and win or lose we will be a better football team afterwards.

Cannot wait for Kings mountain to show what they are capable of this year against the Bulldogs. I really hope they saw the huge gaping hole in their defense against Forestview and now it is fixed and ready to compete!

Shelby will honor our fallen officer as the lions destroy the Trojan condoms! As it should be!

And the power ponies...please try not to embarrass the rest of the county tonight and play like you want to win! All the county schools are playing in the remembering of Brackeen, The county would appreciate a good win.

Rev,
I never intended my quote to be a backhanded insult. Your team come into this game 4-0. Much improved over last years dreadful effort. Many expect a close game tonight, especially your fans. My point is, if KM beats you easily then your 4-0 record is mostly due to smoke and mirrors and the result of a weak non conference schedule. We will see tonight if your team has truly improved. I think they have.

Burns vs. KM- Burns 21-17
Crust vs. TC- TC 21-14
Shelby vs Chase - Shelby 50- 7
EB vs. ER-ER 30-14
Draughn vs RS- RS 38-14
nailed the burns score. So if crust can beat a burnsless km team and win out until 10/28 that is going to be one huge game in lawndale with playoff implications.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT