ADVERTISEMENT

SimmonsRatings Playoff Bracket Projections

Simmons you do a HELLUVA job!!!!!! Honestly it's my favorite time of the year reading your projections for weeks and then the playoffs starting. Just can't say enough of your efforts!

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
They take the 64 teams that qualify and split them up due to size. After they have made the 1A division of 32 teams and 1AA division of 32 teams, they place the teams in the East, Mideast, Midwest, or West divisions based on the school's official latitude number. There have been several instances where Eastern teams had to come West...the area in the SE part of NC especially (Duplin, Robeson, Columbus counties). One year we even had 2 Eastern teams playing for the 1A state championship (Plymouth beat North Duplin).

It just depends on who makes the cut. If more Eastern schools qualify, then you can bet that there will be some heading West or some western teams traveling to the East (if they are the lower seed).

Actually North Duplin is at Mount Olive College. And east of Clinton, James Kenyan, Wallace Rose Hill, but in that vicinity. Good football for sure down there. I'm almost certain Cherokee and North Duplin have met in the playoffs at least once if not more. The Braves traveled to North Duplin several years ago.

Griddle, I think it's official University of Mount Olive now. Lol!!

Gotcha thanks. that sure will be a long ride for my braves if they happen to meet

All I could find was North Duplin winning 14-7 at Cherokee in 2009 and 13-0 in Cherokee in 2006. North Duplin lost 39-0 at Robbinsville in 2008 and in 2007 went 15-1 and lost 20-13 to Plymouth in the state title game

They are healed up which is a big factor of why they have won 4 in a row. If im not mistaken I only seen one kid not dressed friday. Braves21 may know more

Reactions: Griddie
Actually North Duplin is at Mount Olive College. And east of Clinton, James Kenyan, Wallace Rose Hill, but in that vicinity. Good football for sure down there. I'm almost certain Cherokee and North Duplin have met in the playoffs at least once if not more. The Braves traveled to North Duplin several years ago.
If N. Dublin are East of WRH, JK and Rosehill, why wouldn't one of those schools, that must be farther West be in MW

Union and Trask will go into the playoffs with 7-3 records. Not 6-4.

Only teams that "could" give Murphy a game in my opinion is MICS, Cherokee and Mitchell. I know Murphy beat Cherokee pretty easily earlier this season but they had lots of injuries at that time (I think). No idea on MICS except what has been posted on the Internet. I think Mitchell could be a great game but think that home field and the Murphy defense would be to strong.

I just hope Mitchell gets the change to travel to Murphy. A 3rd round game against Cherokee would be a battle.

As I have stated before one bad game or an unfortunate injury can change things quickly.

Good luck to all.

Go Mitchell

Actually North Duplin is Calypso, Faison, Beautancus, and Summerlin Cross Road. Mount Oive is in Wayne Co and 5 miles north of the school.

Only teams that "could" give Murphy a game in my opinion is MICS, Cherokee and Mitchell. I know Murphy beat Cherokee pretty easily earlier this season but they had lots of injuries at that time (I think). No idea on MICS except what has been posted on the Internet. I think Mitchell could be a great game but think that home field and the Murphy defense would be to strong.

I just hope Mitchell gets the change to travel to Murphy. A 3rd round game against Cherokee would be a battle.

As I have stated before one bad game or an unfortunate injury can change things quickly.

Good luck to all.

Go Mitchell
Mitchell nor Cherokee would be a game for Murphy not even with Cherokee fully healthy, I do believe Cherokee could put up so more points than last time. I also believe however that if Mitchell and Cherokee played again it would be a battle. The game was close last time until the 2nd half, even then Cherokee had mutiple red zone chances, Mitchell probably wins either way though but it Would make for a very exciting rematch. And as far as MIC judging by their schedule I wouldn't think they could beat Cherokee

Last edited:
Think I'd much rather go to mic than north Duplin lol about 4 hrs driving saved

Yeah but north duplin is worse team. North duplin has to win thursday and princeton also has to lose thursday in order for cherokee to play there. Im pullin for cherokee rest of the way. Goodluck

Yes I know that. Just like yours doesn't. I just said who I thought would win. You are free to do the same, it's message board.

They are healed up which is a big factor of why they have won 4 in a row. If im not mistaken I only seen one kid not dressed friday. Braves21 may know more

Friday nite was Senior night. 3 of the 4 Seniors were in street clothes!! (2 of them were HUGE lineman!)

Braves still on a roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think 1 will 2 other kids had season ending surgery but they been out for a while.

I think 1 will 2 other kids had season ending surgery but they been out for a while.
Braves will have two seniors, the 310 pound center and #21 even though he only comes in for kickoff return. All But 21 sat last week, the center apparently strained something during practice and elected to sit out to play it safe

Trask and Union will both be 6-4 due to having a to drop a win. They have no non-conference losses.

Regarding the 2-win teams, It's based on conf. winning pct. Kestrel Heights and Rosman are both 0. Left KH out just for purposes of doing a bracket. Rosman could be out and KH in - will come down to a drawing.

Just curious, why is Walkertown a #1 if Mt. Airy a #1?

I don't think they should be. MA, East Surry and Walkertown all split for conference championship but MA won the drawing for the number one seed. So I would think it should play out like this:
3MW East Montgomery
4MW East Surry
5MW North Stanly
6MW North Moore
7MW Walkertown

1MW, 2MW and 8MW stay the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT