ADVERTISEMENT

Simmons Ratings - Week 1

The weak side lol when’s the last time at West team won the 1AA championship?

2012 is the last time. That means for the last six years, the best 1A team has played in the east.

All the West has is Murphy, East Surry and then a bunch of average teams. Just like all the east has right now is Tarboro and Edenton and then a bunch of average teams.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
I swear I don't get why he keeps saying the east is weak. I'm trying to find the evidence. Both sides have teams that end up with great records, average records, and poor records. They dont play against each other until the championship, so it's not like there is a large baramitor to go to. I'm sure he never sees an eastern team until an SMC team plays in the ship. So, I just dont get it. But I'll tell ya what....this conversation....zzzzzzzz. That's how I feel about it now. Cause clearly there is no objective viewpoint from him. "Nope, nope, nope, nope, SMC, nope." That's all it is and will be.

Reactions: Mavrick69
I swear I don't get why he keeps saying the east is weak. I'm trying to find the evidence. Both sides have teams that end up with great records, average records, and poor records. They dont play against each other until the championship, so it's not like there is a large baramitor to go to. I'm sure he never sees an eastern team until an SMC team plays in the ship. So, I just dont get it. But I'll tell ya what....this conversation....zzzzzzzz. That's how I feel about it now. Cause clearly there is no objective viewpoint from him. "Nope, nope, nope, nope, SMC, nope." That's all it is and will be.
You know it’s a bad situation when a Tarboro and Southwest fan agree on something lol

I agree. The east isn’t weak, especially in 2A. It just so happens that the very best teams in 2A east are in the small division. I don’t know enough about 1A to know what teams are in which division... but sometimes it just works out that way.

2012 is the last time. That means for the last six years, the best 1A team has played in the east.

All the West has is Murphy, East Surry and then a bunch of average teams. Just like all the east has right now is Tarboro and Edenton and then a bunch of average teams.
First you all have to establish an alternative school, then transfer all your non football playing problem students there. That will more than likely drop your adm numbers to the 1A level from 1AA, doing that will let Tarboro play with the SMC, then we will be glad to teach you the difference in east and west.

Reactions: KW23 and smcdom123
First you all have to establish an alternative school, then transfer all your non football playing problem students there. That will more than likely drop your adm numbers to the 1A level from 1AA, doing that will let Tarboro play with the SMC, then we will be glad to teach you the difference in east and west.
For a program that has won state championships at the 2A and 3A level, the notion of gerrymandering smaller ADMs to challenge the hubris of a small isolated region of fans isn't that interesting. It's more like beating up smaller kids for their lunch money, which isn't cool. I personally would rather see Tarboro's numbers grow so the Vikings can get back into 2A and play our natural rivals again in a conference environment and maybe get a return game against Wallace-Rose Hill again.

This "small isolated region" of teams has combined to win about 40 nchsaa championships in football.......if anybody in this state has earned the right to have a little "hubris" about football it's this "small isolated region"....other regions they come, they go, rinse and repeat. But this "small isolated region" will always be at or near the top as long as football is played in this state....carry on

Finally, someone that proved the point without even knowing it... It's not Western dominance.... It's those 4 or 5 SMC schools that carry the 1A west. For those that keep saying the east is weak, what is the west without them?
Forget Tarboro moving down. Wonder what would happen if the SMC moved up.

[Qknine1, post: 570900, member: 3538"]This "small isolated region" of teams has combined to win about 40 nchsaa championships in football.......if anybody in this state has earned the right to have a little "hubris" about football it's this "small isolated region"....other regions they come, they go, rinse and repeat. But this "small isolated region" will always be at or near the top as long as football is played in this state....carry on[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Wonder what would happen if the SMC moved up.
They would need to get used to just being near the top, because the top has been claimed already. They will just have to wait until the day we grow back up to 2A so that can have their sandbox back.

Last edited:
Tarboro ia nothing in the big picture.
Maybe in another decade or so.
Maybe

Yes 6 titles is not worth wring home. Do you know how many teams have 6 titles?

Finally, someone that proved the point without even knowing it... It's not Western dominance.... It's those 4 or 5 SMC schools that carry the 1A west. For those that keep saying the east is weak, what is the west without them?
Forget Tarboro moving down. Wonder what would happen if the SMC moved up.

[Qknine1, post: 570900, member: 3538"]This "small isolated region" of teams has combined to win about 40 nchsaa championships in football.......if anybody in this state has earned the right to have a little "hubris" about football it's this "small isolated region"....other regions they come, they go, rinse and repeat. But this "small isolated region" will always be at or near the top as long as football is played in this state....carry on
[/QUOTE]
If the SMC moved up we would continue to win the ships

Reactions: Gps62
The top 1a teams this season are Tarboro leading the pack ,then east Surry ,hate to break hearts ,but east Surry would have beaten Murphy last season and been state champions in 1a if east could have been small ,east was blown out by a awesome Tarboro team , the rematch will probably happen ,but east will make it a much closer game ,if east defense stays strong they have a shot ,offensively they have added more speed to that team ,I m not sure if they have some transfers ,but that o line has some meat this year ,around 10 players around 240 up to 300 ,if Tarboro rolls that team this year ,the Vikings should be in the discussion of the best 1 a ever.

The top 1a teams this season are Tarboro leading the pack ,then east Surry ,hate to break hearts ,but east Surry would have beaten Murphy last season and been state champions in 1a if east could have been small ,east was blown out by a awesome Tarboro team , the rematch will probably happen ,but east will make it a much closer game ,if east defense stays strong they have a shot ,offensively they have added more speed to that team ,I m not sure if they have some transfers ,but that o line has some meat this year ,around 10 players around 240 up to 300 ,if Tarboro rolls that team this year ,the Vikings should be in the discussion of the best 1 a ever.

How did your trip to the Hill fair the year prior ? Had Mount Airy not had injuries you wouldnt have went to the championship game .

Are you positive a three loss regular season team would come to the "Bob" and revenge a 22 point loss from the season before?

Best 1A team ever!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Whoa, let’s back up a second. Tarboro isn’t in the discussion of best 1A team ever. As much as it pains me to say it, Wallace-Rose Hill > Tarboro in this discussion. Murphy has a longer track record of success as a 1A. Swain, Robbinsville, Albemarle are more successful 1A schools than Tarboro. Tarboro’s greatest achievements were at the 2A level.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Whoa, let’s back up a second. Tarboro isn’t in the discussion of best 1A team ever. As much as it pains me to say it, Wallace-Rose Hill > Tarboro in this discussion. Murphy has a longer track record of success as a 1A. Swain, Robbinsville, Albemarle are more successful 1A schools than Tarboro. Tarboro’s greatest achievements were at the 2A level.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Reidsville is the best 2A program.

I just now realized that, you are correct Mountie. I am so used to every time Tarboro is mentioned by the east, they are the greatest at everything. I mis read it.
It is rare that a Tarboro fans brags on these forums. They know what they are. All the talk about Tarboro, then everybody else, comes from pretty much every other fan base. No one is beating Tarboro in 1a, at least outside of a fluke. They are good. As good as they were in 2a, and as good as WRH was in 1a. Not a doubt in my mind that Tarboro could compete with Shelby, Hibriten, Reidsville, and Northeastern.

Reactions: mbdfan
It is rare that a Tarboro fans brags on these forums. They know what they are. All the talk about Tarboro, then everybody else, comes from pretty much every other fan base. No one is beating Tarboro in 1a, at least outside of a fluke. They are good. As good as they were in 2a, and as good as WRH was in 1a. Not a doubt in my mind that Tarboro could compete with Shelby, Hibriten, Reidsville, and Northeastern.
That’s why those loses to WRH sting so much. Not only did Tarboro lose those games, but the finals were convincing. Tarboro is rarely beaten until the last play of the game. If there is going to be a discussion about the greatest 1A teams ever, in my mind, Wallace is the most recent benchmark.

Honest question that I really do not know the answer to:

How many schools have a state title in 3 or more classifications?

Don’t care what anyone says that is impressive.

Go Mountaineers
I believe Charlotte Catholic is the only other. Regardless what you might think of CC, continuing to win as the school has gone up in classification seems a much more impressive feat than Tarboro winning championships on the way down.

Last edited:
6 titles against like size schools.
Pretty sure ALL championships are against like sized schools. See, thats where the whole classification system comes in. Different size classes ensure that teams are playing teams roughly their size in the playoffs and in conference play. Its wild some of these crazy ideas the NCHSAA come up with.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Pretty sure ALL championships are against like sized schools. See, thats where the whole classification system comes in. Different size classes ensure that teams are playing teams roughly their size in the playoffs and in conference play. Its wild some of these crazy ideas the NCHSAA come up with.

You repeated my point. Do you want a cookie. Point being I dont care if you won a 2a title if you was 2a. Thats no more impressive than a 1a school winning 1a, so why puff your chest out. 3a back in the day wasn't the same size as 3a now.
Mountie, did you hear of the big time pick ups TJA got at football. I guess those were XC kids that just decided to try football. After all you said no body goes to TJ for football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Murphy and Mitchell are jokes this year ,toughest 1a Tarboro and east Surry ,Murphy 17 beat East ,but wouldn't have last year ,lucky as hell you are small ,better hope you go small again ,this East team is not the teams of the past ,stick to small 1a were u will compete ,I've saw Cherokee and Murphy last couple years in 1a ,you would get run off the field with these two schools .

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Murphy and Mitchell are jokes this year ,toughest 1a Tarboro and east Surry ,Murphy 17 beat East ,but wouldn't have last year ,lucky as hell you are small ,better hope you go small again ,this East team is not the teams of the past ,stick to small 1a were u will compete ,I've saw Cherokee and Murphy last couple years in 1a ,you would get run off the field with these two schools .
You are the one that got lucky. If your team had been small 1a last year you wouldn't have even made it to Raleigh for that beat down. No way that team beats Murphy and Mitchell at home last year. Not a chance. You better hope you stay out of Murphy and Mitchell class this year or it will be same as last time. Btw I definitely believe Murphy would have given Tarboro a better game last year than your team did. And honestly I dont get why you are on here beating your chest after week one over a team that has ZERO chance of winning a title this year. Your best result will either be another beat down by Tarboro in 1aa or a 3rd round exit by Murphy or Mitchell in 1a. ZERO chance of a title. Big ole Goose egg. But keep talking by all means. It's a free country.

Last edited:

Is grammar and punctuation an elective at East Surry? You must have been sick the days those were taught. For someone with a 6 day old account you must love reading your own posts as much as you have blown up the boards. I would suggest you enjoy the season and try getting back to the title game, and actually winning, before flapping your gums about how teams are lucky or they would get run off the field (when ES gets run off the field every year in the playoffs lol).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT