ADVERTISEMENT

Shoutout To All My Fellow Veterans!

I was in the United States Army, which, I’ll have you know, is one of the only two branches of the United States military along with the Navy. That’s because the Air Force is a corporation and the Marine Corps is a cult.*
I love you crayon eaters, happy birthday by the way!
*I’m not sure how to work the Space Force into this joke, so I’m just going to ignore them.

USS Coontz DDG 40. Guided Missile Destroyer stationed in Norfolk.

The worst decision I ever made was getting out
Wow. I was stationed on the USS Hayler DD997 out of Norfolk. We were always “haze grey and underway” lol. I regret that getting out decision also. When you are young it is hard seeing the big picture sometimes.

Wow. I was stationed on the USS Hayler DD997 out of Norfolk. We were always “haze grey and underway” lol. I regret that getting out decision also. When you are young it is hard seeing the big picture sometimes.
You’re not lying man. I thought it would take forever to pull 20 years.

That went by like a flash.

Much respect my Navy brother.

Shutdown, I don't know how long you were in or how old you are now but I always encourage anyone who might benefit to take a good look at the reserve components. You can still earn a paycheck, buy Tricare for yourself or your family (and a lot cheaper than any other health insurance I've ever heard of) and earn a pension (you probably won't get it until you are 60). There are drawbacks, of course, and I'm glad I'm retired but if you had a four years in the Navy you probably have a lot of points towards a pension and maybe credit for at least five years of service towards retirement (depending on when you entered service and how long you were in).

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT