ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby v/s East Lincoln...next weekend??

Re: Shelby v/s East Lincoln...next weekend??
LTown Wolves posted on 12/14/2014...
As I said, Surratt is the best player around in my opinion. Best one I've seen anyway. And yesterday was obviously not a typical Surratt game, as EL usually scores in the 40s. I'm still not sure QB where he is best suited. But as far as EL winning goes, QB is where he belongs. I think he's a big time D1 player but it may be at WR or DB. Not sure he's good enough to start at QB in the ACC or SEC. But I have heard that he won't sign with anyone who won'the play him at QB.

Oh, it wasn't an abnormal Surratt day when he's actually playing against someone. He's becomes very inaccurate, completion percentage drops significantly. I saw him play as a Db and Wr, and he's a natural at those positions due to his superb athleticism. As a quarterback, he's overrated in my opinion and benefits mightily playing against this weak schedule.

East Gaston
Q Foundation Academy
North Lincoln
Forestview
Bandys
Lincolnton
Bunker Hill
Newton-Conover
West Caldwell
Maiden
West Lincoln

This post was edited on 12/15 1:36 AM by Lion Attack

You asked about Shelby's George. He's a phenomenal high school quarterback and has all the intangibles including great footwork, elusiveness in the pocket, a good arm, and obviously leadership, but like a lot of players in our area, 2A period for that matter, he's a tweener. He doesn't have the prototypical size to play quarterback in college. Hopefully, a college regardless the division, gives him a shot at Qb, but a position change is pretty much a formality for him due to his size.

Shelby by far is the best 2A team in the state...but they would not have been competitive with Crest yesterday...Crest was unreal..play that game now and it is not close...Crest peaked and was clicking

Originally posted by 2for3:

Shelby by far is the best 2A team in the state...but they would not have been competitive with Crest yesterday...Crest was unreal..play that game now and it is not close...Crest peaked and was clicking
That's were you are wrong. I believe Shelby peaked Saturday and their defense would have still got to Willie all night long.The quickness of Shelby's front 7 is amazing.After seeing the South Point score with Crest I don't thing they were clicking that night.Bottom line and most Shelby fans will tell you the same after the Shelby Crest game it was not a moral victory for me it was disappointment.

Originally posted by LTown Wolves:
Yeah I guess you're right Lion, EL had played a JV schedule up until Saturday.
Yep...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Shelby is a good football team and they are well coached. But...other than Crest, who does Shelby play? Burns? Congratulations for being able to beat them again since Beam left. Wait, you guys play East Burke. I forgot about that perennial powerhouse. Can't forget East Rutherford or Chase either. You did play South Point and you lost. Lincolnton beat South Point. East beat Lincolnton in the regular season and in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Surratt had an "off" game and still threw for over 200 yards and a score and he added 75 yards on the ground with another score. I don't think it's fair to say someone is overrated when they throw 52 touchdowns and run for 18 more...as a junior.

Originally posted by Tool Time Tam:
I wonder why the Maiden fan isn't posting on his own page? That's what I thought... They don't have one.

This post was edited on 12/14 4:21 PM by Tool Time Tam
You all over there own NCPREPS also , wow , did they give it to you for winning the 2aa state title? Sorry too much time to think.

Shelby is flat out no questions asked the best 2A team...that d front is nasty...but Crest now would shut them out and Shelby would have lost to Havelock by 14 or so...Crest d is on another level..the team speed is amazing..the speed alone in the 2A/3A game was different...I must say Shelby played a amazing game and flat out dominated...3 fumbles...if not for them ...wow...proud of the way Clinton played and they were out manned and never gave up.Shelby I will say it again best d front in 2A...the last 10 years...

We played Crest and it was 13 to 0 near the end of the 3rd quarter.We would have beat Havelock like Crest did.

Originally posted by jbgravytrain:
Shelby is a good football team and they are well coached. But...other than Crest, who does Shelby play? Burns? Congratulations for being able to beat them again since Beam left. Wait, you guys play East Burke. I forgot about that perennial powerhouse. Can't forget East Rutherford or Chase either. You did play South Point and you lost. Lincolnton beat South Point. East beat Lincolnton in the regular season and in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Surratt had an "off" game and still threw for over 200 yards and a score and he added 75 yards on the ground with another score. I don't think it's fair to say someone is overrated when they throw 52 touchdowns and run for 18 more...as a junior.
Shelby is a 7 time champion and that's all you need to know.

You Shelby guys are too defensive and it always seems like you've still gotta prove something. You won the title in your classification. Shouldn't that be enough? All this was ever meant to be about was EL and Shelby hypothetically playing for a true 2A championship. And some think it would be a close game. Is that so bad?

SHS...fan of your excellent team play...agree to disagree you would not beat Havelock...maybe 3 out of 10 games in a series

I'll jump in this even though it's not my fight.

So you wanna compare Shelby vs SP vs Lincolnton vs EL?

Then it's only fair to compare EL vs Forestview vs Crest vs Shelby

Those games with Shelby and SP/ EL and Forestview were early in the season...which many people would say teams can completely transform in that period of time. i.e. Crest vs SP first game, 35-13 and in the 4th round of the playoffs 13-7

You can't compare teams based on other games alone...or you will walk away disappointed more times than not.

Would you consider it fair if I said that since EL beat Forestview 40-33, and Crest beat Forestview 52-7 in the 3rd round that Crest would demolish EL 45-3? No, you wouldn't. The same example could be said about RS Central versus both teams.

Other team performances give us an idea, but are never reliable. Any given Friday day night.

I completely agree with you crest. The only reason I ever brought up any of that nonsense was because Lion used the week 1 Washington/Havelock score as a measuring stick for East Lincoln.

I agree. I was only pointing out the similarities between strength of conference in the SMAC and the SD7. Crest has one of the best programs ever. Shelby does, too. I have heard people say this year's Crest team is the best team to ever come out of Cleveland County. It was mentioned that the SD7 is a "hella" weak conference. I just wanted to draw similarities that in the SMAC, Crest and Shelby are completely dominant. Other than those two programs, the conference is not very strong right now.

I agree. I was only pointing out the similarities between strength of conference in the SMAC and the SD7. Crest has one of the best programs ever. Shelby does, too. I have heard people say this year's Crest team is the best team to ever come out of Cleveland County. It was mentioned that the SD7 is a "hella" weak conference. I just wanted to draw similarities that in the SMAC, Crest and Shelby are completely dominant. Other than those two programs, the conference is not very strong right now.
I believe this years Shelby team would probably come in Shelby's all time top 15 teams.So to say that Crest's 2014 team is the all time best is just not true.Shelby lost by a touchdown to Crest and if we make a play or two we beat them.There has actually been some Crest team that didn't win the championship that I thought was better overall.Their defense this year was one of the best I have ever seen.

Well Lincolnton beat Southpoint. Southpoint beat Shelby the VERY NEXT WEEK. Now call me crazy but East Lincoln beat Lincolnton by 3 TDs...twice. Shelby beat RS Central by 15...East Lincoln beat the same RS Central team by 21.

Sheby's defense looked fantastic, however Washington's defense was better, faster, and 3A. I saw both teams play back to back BTW.

The problem with this whole thread is that Shelby has already won. The only way EL could win is to play and beat Shelby, which they can't. I just don't think it's fair to hand Shelby a win in this mythical game that can't be played. To be honest a Shelby vs East Lincoln game would be a toss up in my opinion. It would not be an easy win for either team.

Everyone wanted East Lincoln all season, until they played them and went home with an L. 16-0

This post was edited on 12/24 11:45 PM by Gary29

This post was edited on 12/24 11:54 PM by Gary29

Originally posted by Gary29:

Well Lincolnton beat Southpoint. Southpoint beat Shelby the VERY NEXT WEEK. Now call me crazy but East Lincoln beat Lincolnton by 3 TDs...twice. Shelby beat RS Central by 15...East Lincoln beat the same RS Central team by 21.

Sheby's defense looked fantastic, however Washington's defense was better, faster, and 3A. I saw both teams play back to back BTW.

The problem with this whole thread is that Shelby has already won. The only way EL could win is to play and beat Shelby, which they can't. I just don't think it's fair to hand Shelby a win in this mythical game that can't be played. To be honest a Shelby vs East Lincoln game would be a toss up in my opinion. It would not be an easy win for either team.

Everyone wanted East Lincoln all season, until they played them and went home with an L. 16-0

This post was edited on 12/24 11:45 PM by Gary29
This post was edited on 12/24 11:54 PM by Gary29
Well Crest beat Forestview by 50 and East Lincoln nipped Forestview.

SHS, let them talk. Shelby and Crest would beat East Lincoln. That's no knock on EL as they are a fine football team, but when that offense that carries them finally runs into a defense that can make them work or hurt, or work and hurt at the same time, then what would they do?

It's easy to do that crap against weak teams ie: Havelock. That's what they did out East. They were good, but they had not seen defense like that all year. All we heard was 50 a game and 500 hundread yards. That translated into 3 and 152.

Now let's be fair while we are at it. Your offense scored 6 points on Crest, we gave you a TD on a fumble in the endzone. Your offense was no more impressive than Havelocks, but your defense, was nasty. Much improved from the SP game. I'd rate it as the second best defense I saw all year. We worked for all 21 we got.

EL has speed. Shelby and Crest have more. EL has Surratt. A couple of wideouts that's it. That won't get it done in Cleveland County. Throw them bubble screens and get blowed up down here. Take off running and get your feelings hurt.

Surratt would be the best player on the field and would be able to keep it close. In pregame at the 2aa championship it looked like East Lincoln would have no chance as far as athletes. He showed he is a player and the Washington offense was too basic. I think Shelby would not allow one player to control the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT