ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby v/s East Lincoln...next weekend??

Golden_Lion_007

Aug 5, 2004
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I wish.....EL wouldn't want any of this. Crest or Shelby could have won the 4A and made a game of this 4AA game on right now.

I sat on the Washington side and I will tell you this the Better team lost. Washington hit East Lincolns qb. and his arm wasn't going forward , should have been a fumble but they gave it back to East #1 . Player for East was still running off the field when East scored td. ref standing right in front of were player was coming off field , no flag #2 .late hit on Washington player out of bounds , no flag #3. East was lucky to come out of there with a 1 point win . I heard that East fans were complaining about the refs. Without them they wouldn't have won.

Maiden Loser, Your hateing on East because they beat your( Maiden Blue losers) just like Bandys and Newton and even West Caldwell did .. Those calls were correct. What about The forward pass that was called a fumble and gave to Washington, when we saw the replay chazes arm and ball went forward Did you miss that one? or were just you pulling for Washington and upset they lost,. if you cant say anything good keep your mouth shut, was you at the game .. ? I was, PS you will lose in basketball to. LOL

I would love to see this matchup. Would be a great game. Those of you who think Shelby would roll over EL are mistaken. East played a much better team in their championship game than Shelby did. Would be a great matchup between George and Surratt. Too bad the state wants to give away so many championships. Makes a lot of these championship games really watered down.

Re: Shelby v/s East Lincoln...next weekend??
LTown Wolves posted on 12/14/2014...
I would love to see this matchup. Would be a great game. Those of you who think Shelby would roll over EL are mistaken. East played a much better team in their championship game than Shelby did. Would be a great matchup between George and Surratt. Too bad the state wants to give away so many championships. Makes a lot of these championship games really watered down.

Washington lost to Havelock 37-6. Havelock showed me nothing versus Crest. East Lincoln's defense was very suspect. Every time you turn around, a team rushed for big yardage versus them, a running back would have his highest output of the the season versus them. With the exception of Lincolnton, Chazz Surratt played against no one. In my opinion, we would have no problem EL. Heck, I think Mount Pleasant and Reidsville could have beaten them as well. Again, this is my opinion. Maybe EL and SHS can hook up in 2015.

By the way, Washington has a cool name with "Pam Pack", but could someone tell me what a Pam Pack is? I had heard of them before. I knew that Washington is NBA legend Dominique Wilkins' alma mata.

East did the one thing that made the difference in the game,,,they capitalized on Washingtons one mistake,scored on a late turnover...momentum was definitely on Washingtons side and that switched it back to East.....Truthfully,if it was only the best 2a teams playing,it would have been Shelby vs Washington for state,,,the western final would have been Shelby and East

Originally posted by big army mike:

Maiden Loser, Your hateing on East because they beat your( Maiden Blue losers) just like Bandys and Newton and even West Caldwell did .. Those calls were correct. What about The forward pass that was called a fumble and gave to Washington, when we saw the replay chazes arm and ball went forward Did you miss that one? or were just you pulling for Washington and upset they lost,. if you cant say anything good keep your mouth shut, was you at the game .. ? I was, PS you will lose in basketball to. LOL
Big whatever , If you read my post you would have read were I was at the game . As a matter of fact I was at both the Clinton and Shelby game and The East Lincoln , Washington game . They had the big screen showing replays but it didn't do any good because the refs will not reverse what they saw in the replay , if you don't believe me ask Shelby fans about the replay that showed Skinner from Clinton go out of bounds on the touchdown. I hope someone did get this whole game on video and show it on here. I am not a sore loser , I was for Clinton and they got beat by the better team and I said so and and gave them their props for their defense and winning .I didn't care which team won between East and Wash. , just stayed to see a game that I knew would be good And yes, by me seeing both games , I can tell you Shelby would have whooped that East Lincoln arse.

By the way, Washington has a cool name with "Pam Pack", but could
someone tell me what a Pam Pack is? I had heard of them before. I knew
that Washington is NBA legend Dominique Wilkins' alma mata.

Lion Attack, ever heard of the Pamlico River? The Pam Pack is a combo name derived from the Wolf Pack & the Pamlico River. one of the best nicknames in the state for high school's.

So you're basing an EL/Shelby matchup on how Washington fared against Havelock in week 1? Very logical. EL's defense does give up a lot of rushing yards, but not a lot of points. Shelby would have their hands full with Surratt. He's the best player in the state in my opinion. Both teams were fortunate to play very one dimensional teams yesterday.

Using that reasoning: East Lincoln beat Lincolnton twice, Lincolnton beat Sout Point, South Point beat Shelby...you do the math.

Originally posted by LTown Wolves:
So you're basing an EL/Shelby matchup on how Washington fared against Havelock in week 1? Very logical. EL's defense does give up a lot of rushing yards, but not a lot of points. Shelby would have their hands full with Surratt. He's the best player in the state in my opinion. Both teams were fortunate to play very one dimensional teams yesterday.
I agree , I saw the way shelbys d shut down Clinton and believe they would do the same to East . Shelby also has a good passing QB. I would pay good money to see that match up . Don't get me wrong East Lincoln is also a great team with a great QB and a good team .

East Lincoln doesn't play anyone. Their conference and schedule is hella weak. Do they play up in classification? Okay, I forgot that they played Forestview. Surratt is good, but I don't know about being the best in the state. The teams he faces are suspect, period. it would be interesting to see how he does against us and Crest, Cleveland County period. We're just 40 mins down the road. Shelby would smack East Lincoln.

East did beat the 3rd place team from your conference (RS Central) worse than you guys did. East would score 35+ on Shelby.

No need to waste anymore time on this discussion though. Obviously, the game isn't going to happen and the "what ifs" are irrelevant. Hopefully, we will have these match ups in the near future.

35 plus on us? Man, please. We play D in Cleveland County. We're a lot better than North Lincoln who they beat by one point, that's for sure, and their game w/ RS was closer than that score indicated. Your d@$k riding of East Lincoln is becoming pathetic.

I don't like East Lincoln one bit. Just think they deserve a little more respect. And yeah, Crest does play D in Cleveland County.

Washington beat FarmVille Central who was blown off the field by Southwest Onslow by one point. Clinton blew SWO off the field. Shelby obviously beat Clinton convincingly. Anyway, enough of this, East Lincoln and Lincolnton need to play Cleveland County teams. We play D down here. Believe that! Shelby's offense was very good as well. We have athletes in CC, dawg. No one in you all's weak conference want it w/ us.

This post was edited on 12/14 12:31 PM by Lion Attack

And, ask Crest, the 3A champs, who was their toughest opponent. Respect us or schedule us.

This post was edited on 12/14 12:32 PM by Lion Attack

You understand me loud and clear, dumbass, I articulate myself very well.

This post was edited on 12/14 12:26 PM by Lion Attack

Bearcat67 posted on 12/14/2014...
By the way, Washington has a cool name with "Pam Pack", but could
someone tell me what a Pam Pack is? I had heard of them before. I knew
that Washington is NBA legend Dominique Wilkins' alma mata.

Lion Attack, ever heard of the Pamlico River? The Pam Pack is a combo name derived from the Wolf Pack & the Pamlico River. one of the best nicknames in the state for high school's.

Appreciate that, man. I was seriously curious, that's a great nickname indeed.

I was around some of Linconton faithful and coaches...They all said Shelby could beat East and Washington.....I take nothing away from theses 2 programs.but from what I saw...I belive so as well.....

Too bad the state wants to give away so many championships. Makes a lot of these championship games really watered down.
+1...I wish they would just go back to giving one championship per classification (4A, 3A, 2A, 1A). I've never cared for this A and AA method. It would have been great to see Shelby and East Lincoln play each other this year.

Originally posted by msc117:
Truthfully,if it was only the best 2a teams playing,it would have been Shelby vs Washington for state,,,the western final would have been Shelby and East
I don't know, Mount Pleasant might have a case of still being in the western final. Mount Pleasant had a good team and was tied with Shelby late into the 4th. An East Lincoln/Mount Pleasant matchup would have been interesting as well.

As an east lincoln fan I appreciate the thread and it is fun to talk about the what-ifs, so here goes...
Washington would be the brakes off of Shelby, so obviously east would mercy rule them, along with crest and every school in Texas and Florida...

Re: Shelby v/s East Lincoln...next weekend??
dplubo posted on 12/14/2014...
As an east lincoln fan I appreciate the thread and it is fun to talk about the what-ifs, so here goes...
Washington would be the brakes off of Shelby, so obviously east would mercy rule them, along with crest and every school in Texas and Florida...

Yikes!!!!

We looked up the pam pack nickname origin and it says it is derived from a meat packing company located on the the pamlico river...the workers were called pam packers....but also came across this on a wesite...A PACK OF PAMS
A Pam-Pack is a pack of Pamlicos. And the next question about the Washington mascot is obviously "What are Pamlicos?" The Pamlico are Native American people who inhabited the eastern shore of North Carolina along the Pamlico River, some of the most southerly Algonquian Tribe members. Pamlico County High is not the Pam-Pack, interestingly. You won't find any other Pam-Pack in the database. If you were looking for other types of "pack-themed" mascots you won't get much: There are Packers, Wolf Pack and wolfpack mascot names.

Yeah, bro, I literally googled "Pam Pack" last night, and all that came up was the Washington Pam Pack. Lol. They spoke about it being a cool nickname on Football Friday Night. They had a pre state championships show Friday night.

This post was edited on 12/14 3:36 PM by Lion Attack

Mallard Creek(before anyone suggests they would beat them) ...did not play well last night...WF played well...MC would beat any other team in the title games..lets not get crazy...WF would battle with Crest...but I would take WF by 9 and MC by 21...that's not taking a thing from Crest...that is good fb team
...best D of the day/Shelby was very good also..
The way Crest played last night Shelby/Washington/New bern/EL etc... would not have scored I bet...hell not too sure anyone ,but WF and MC would...they were that good Saturday night...This post was edited on 12/14 4:03 PM by 2for3
This post was edited on 12/14 4:05 PM by 2for3

I wonder why the Maiden fan isn't posting on his own page?
That's what I thought... They don't have one.

This post was edited on 12/14 4:21 PM by Tool Time Tam

I never said I thought EL was better than Shelby or that they'd beat them until this thread got stupid and I was joking. I just think it would be a much better game than a lot of the Shelby posters apparently think. I think Mallard Creek is hands down the best team in the state but I'd love to see what Crest's defense could do with them.

I learned a long time ago not to judge a player on one or two games. I've only seen Surratt play three games and two were at wide receiver a couple of years ago. But, if yesterday is a normal game for him , he has a long way to go to be top ten in the state, much less the best. He did break off several good runs late in the game to help salt it away. Perhaps he's much better than he showed Saturday, and Washington's defense had a lot to do with his mediocre performance. And he obviously is a winner. But best in the state?

Washington's always been good 2A ball club though. I knew they had potential to win/upset in 2A or 2AA

As I said, Surratt is the best player around in my opinion. Best one I've seen anyway. And yesterday was obviously not a typical Surratt game, as EL usually scores in the 40s. I'm still not sure QB where he is best suited. But as far as EL winning goes, QB is where he belongs. I think he's a big time D1 player but it may be at WR or DB. Not sure he's good enough to start at QB in the ACC or SEC. But I have heard that he won't sign with anyone who won'l play him at QB. What about Shelby's George? What type offers does he have or has he signed?

I never said I thought EL was better than Shelby or that they'd beat them until this thread got stupid and I was joking. I just think it would be a much better game than a lot of the Shelby posters apparently think. I think Mallard Creek is hands down the best team in the state but I'd love to see what Crest's defense could do with them.
Crest is only a touchdown better than Shelby and was behind most of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT