ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby needs a 2017 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have nothing to lose. Ware not scared

Scared? I doubt it. Interested? Doubt that as well...hasnt even returned calls the last two years. If they wanted to play 4a teams they would be doing so. The schedules speak for themselves.

Dont blame him.. why not keeping crushing 2a and 3a

Like in 97. Crest was ranked in the top 20 in the country and defending 4A champion with 4 All Americans on the team and 2A Shelby whipped them bad.I understand what your saying.

ONLY 1 All American, and they dropped out of the top 20 that year but they were decent...barely lost to eventual champ RC

Chesley Borders and Bryant Malloy and I was thinking there was one more.Both went to UNC.Chesley is Jayden's dad.

yep we were going up 24-0 until a touchdown was called back. 17-10 without Wille Quick signed with Carolina torn MCL/ACL, without Marcus Ellerbe signed with NC State broken ankle, without starting fullback Vegas Jackson signed Winston Salem St. broken ankle, Starting TB Charles McNeil signed with Tennessee Chattanooga played in the game sparingly with a Hairline Fracture. I healthy Raider team and I promise you this game is not even close. But I can also promise you we would have spotted lil 2A Shelby "21" at there place.

They were not All Americans, I think the fullback or tailback was a junior that signed with Duke the following year.

yep we were going up 24-0 until a touchdown was called back. 17-10 without Wille Quick signed with Carolina torn MCL/ACL, without Marcus Ellerbe signed with NC State broken ankle, without starting fullback Vegas Jackson signed Winston Salem St. broken ankle, Starting TB Charles McNeil signed with Tennessee Chattanooga played in the game sparingly with a Hairline Fracture. I healthy Raider team and I promise you this game is not even close. But I can also promise you we would have spotted lil 2A Shelby "21" at there place.
Richmond is going on a decade without a State Title. Richmond used to be a State Power now your just a competitive 4A team.

Hey that is true but they are in the hunt year after year; while Shelby beats up on the same 16 2A high schools; In the last decade can 2A Shelby say they have played Butler, Independence, West Charlotte, Charlotte Vance, Lake Norman, Greensboro Page, Dudley, East Forsyth, West Forsyth, Jack Britt, 71st, New Bern, Garner, Northern Durham, and Scotland Co; What other school other than Mallard Creek in NC can say that they have played the best programs in the State of N.C. One day the Stars will line up and Mallard Creek and Richmond will bump elbows on the football field. I doubt Shelby has the brass balls to schedule a Mallard Creek, Butler, Richmond, Scotland Co, Charlotte Catholic, Dudley, Page, New Bern, and etc. By the way did I forget to tell you we are scheduled to play the state Champs in the regular season fall of 2017. "We win some and lose some but we play the best year end and year out". Go back to the 2A board before you get put in your place.

Hey that is true but they are in the hunt year after year; while Shelby beats up on the same 16 2A high schools; In the last decade can 2A Shelby say they have played Butler, Independence, West Charlotte, Charlotte Vance, Lake Norman, Greensboro Page, Dudley, East Forsyth, West Forsyth, Jack Britt, 71st, New Bern, Garner, Northern Durham, and Scotland Co; What other school other than Mallard Creek in NC can say that they have played the best programs in the State of N.C. One day the Stars will line up and Mallard Creek and Richmond will bump elbows on the football field. I doubt Shelby has the brass balls to schedule a Mallard Creek, Butler, Richmond, Scotland Co, Charlotte Catholic, Dudley, Page, New Bern, and etc. By the way did I forget to tell you we are scheduled to play the state Champs in the regular season fall of 2017. "We win some and lose some but we play the best year end and year out". Go back to the 2A board before you get put in your place.
You da man d.....Keep laying it on them boys...Not much going on in RC....I would think the new man will be named by next board meeting,early Feb., if not before then.........RC will play anybody , the schedule proves that.....Wear the green and gold with pride...nuff said..:D

There are several coaches that come to the board to see possible openings for games, scrimmages, and even jobs.

Don forgot a game

We lost 42-24 in 2011 and lost 44-0 in 2012 to AL Brown ... they beat us 21-14 in 1989

So Chopper is correct 0-3

Not possible. The longest continous football dynasty on the planet could never lose 3 games to one school.

Let's see if the alledgely greatest 2A program Shelby request of looking for games on the 4A board is just a Farce!

Or will they continue to be trolls and perpetrators on the 4A board hiding behind their Little 2A championship mystique

Last edited:
Reactions: SCWC
Let's see if the alledgely greatest 2A program Shelby request of looking for games on the 4A board is just a Farce!

Or will they continue to be trolls and perpetrators on the 4A board hiding behind their Little 2A championship mystique
Believe it or not we even had a losing season once.

Reactions: nepsy7
Believe it or not, I really really don't care! Lol!

Last edited:
It was Newsome and Ware's first seasons as HC in 2011. First game 43-24. Next year 44-0. Kannapolis was one of the couple smallest 4A schools.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I really really don't care! Lol!

Sure you do, because if you didn't you wouldn't read nor respond.... Its ok...We know you just love the Golden Lions down deep...especially 98 Champion...You cant help yourself you have to read and respond..... Its fun , just admit it :)

So what does "dem creek boyz" bring back next year? I mean other than the "We are the most talented, division one laden team that cant win the big one with all that talent because there are too many egos, and not enough leadership amongst the team" mentality......

Thanks pal....

If you didn't show up on the 4A board, I wouldn't know you exist! I have never visited the 2 A board.

Reactions: Shelby Lion
[QUOTE="Shelby Lion, post: 410688, member: 562"...especially 98 Champion...You cant help yourself you have to read and respond........[/QUOTE]

I have stopped responding to him. I dont find him entertaining I find him sad. He isnt a fan he has an illness.

Its great to support your local team and its fun to talk a little trash. Most of it is meaningless and harmless because most of us realize its just HS football. Its clear it represents way more in his life..I find that sad.

Shelby could compete with or even beat a good 4a team on any given night. Davie county was winning the CPC for a few years in a row when thomasville played and beat them a few times as a 1a power.

It's pure laughs over there. It's not just Shelby, a few of them feel they are world beaters.

I don't think anyone thinks that. I just think some 2a schools are better than the 4a schools think. But to prove it the games have to be scheduled when the 2a schools are at their peak.

Thomasville squeaked by Davie in 2007 and 2008. Davie lost in the first round of the playoffs each season. 2009 Davie won big but failed to make the playoffs. 2010 was the crazy year with Davie losing bad in the title game. They lost five regular season games including a blowout to Thomasville.

Shelby could compete with or even beat a good 4a team on any given night. Davie county was winning the CPC for a few years in a row when thomasville played and beat them a few times as a 1a power.

Thomasville squeaked by Davie in 2007 and 2008. Davie lost in the first round of the playoffs each season. 2009 Davie won big but failed to make the playoffs. 2010 was the crazy year with Davie losing bad in the title game. They lost five regular season games including a blowout to Thomasville.

I could not imagine a bigger game than Shelby vs Dillon.

Didn't Mallard Creek play that small SC school and only win like 7-3? That small SC school played them close. That small SC school also couldn't win their State Championship this year. Must have been the QB that was making them so good the previous 3 years and MC barely beat him his sophmore season? How nice it was for MC to wait schedule them again after the leaves. I guess all this translates to MC couldn't have won a small school state championship in South Carolina this year....but all that talent?

Reactions: nepsy7
Ok! Who is
Didn't Mallard Creek play that small SC school and only win like 7-3? That small SC school played them close. That small SC school also couldn't win their State Championship this year. Must have been the QB that was making them so good the previous 3 years and MC barely beat him his sophmore season? How nice it was for MC to wait schedule them again after the leaves. I guess all this translates to MC couldn't have won a small school state championship in South Carolina this year....but all that talent?

As usual, your comments have nothing to do with anything, other than you love trolling Mallard Creek

What do you mean put them in their place?We went 16 and 0 and beat 7 3A teams including State Champ South Point(24 to 0) and won our fourth straight State Championship.

These guys just don't get it. See they aren't going into Texas and Georgia and Florida and playing 6, 7 or 8A schools. You know...the equivalence of us playing 3A and 4A schools. Instead they are playing 2A and 3A out of state schools and either getting beat or playing them close.

I didn't see any chest thumping NC 4A school go in and shut out Grayson High school in GA, the 7A champ. That wouldn't really be playing up a class as they have nearly the same number of students. But you see...that is what we did with the class up South Point this year.

Come to think of it...I see none of those chest beating big boy football braggers having beaten anyone on this list....wait, none of them are even on the list. Wait...they lost in the second round of the playoffs....oh no. You guys may want to win your own class before you start bashing on a 2A powerhouse.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/wszOz-VgCkqJlFJWEgfvGA/2016-high-school-football-state-champions.htm

Like in 97. Crest was ranked in the top 20 in the country and defending 4A champion with 4 All Americans on the team and 2A Shelby whipped them bad.I understand what your saying.

Got to look at it like this...Crest was the single unified 4A champ in '94 and '96. None of this split class mess. They were the best team in the entire state of NC. They beat us 16-3 in '94 and 14-7 in '96. (We were dwindling to 2a numbers.) The same talent plays at least 2 maybe 3 years right...possibly SO year then JR and SR years. Guess who won in '93, '95, and '97 the book ends and the middle? We won 24-17 in '93, 44-21 in '95, and 18-7 in '97.

But lest ye forget....we are afraid to play big brother schools.

But what if little brother is better? It happens.

Hoping Coach Ware can get something awesome on the schedule!

Reactions: SHS LION
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT