ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby needs a 2017 game

Shelby will definitely be a double digit underdog in this game. Those big time 4A teams in SC are legit. Shelby fans will be asking after the game "WTF" did we play them? All we got were a boatload of injuries and a world class arse whooping.
At least we are willing to step up to this caliber of competition. I hope you're not a Crest guy. You guys' staff is probably hating Q Foundation isn't available to fill y'all's void on the schedule.

Last edited:
Now, Btango, a knowledgeable high school football follower like yourself know good and well that we will be underdogs to South Pointe, double digit underdogs. Do I think we will be competitive? Absolutely! Will the players feel as if they can win this game versus this caliber of an opponent? Absolutely! However, South Pointe is obviously favored, they're 4A, and they just 3 peated as state champs last season. They have won state titles 5 times in the past 11 years. Tall task for the Shelby Golden Lions. The question is, we will have enough to compete w/ them.

Should be a whale of game. Must see on my list for next year. Kendrick and Dax two of the best players in the country.

Wouldnt make Shelby a huge underdog but yes I would say its a TD game.

Congratulate Shelby for taking on a bigtime opponent.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Honestly, I've already wondered, "why South Pointe?", but I think there's an agenda behind that, Got to make an impression on that state and its schools. *winks eye* I may be way off base, but this is my opinion.

You may be spot on with that opinion. I'd do it!

Reactions: Lion Attack
At least we are willing to step up to this caliber of competition. I hope you're not a Crest guy. You guys' staff is probably hating Q Foundation isn't available to fill y'all's void on the schedule.

Not a Crest fan, but admire their success and your Golden Lion's success. Interesting why you felt a need to slam the Crest program in your response. Do those guys really bother you that much?

Not a Crest fan, but admire their success and your Golden Lion's success. Interesting why you felt a need to slam the Crest program in your response. Do those guys really bother you that much?
Nope, not at all, just a little rivalry banter. Thought you were a Crest guy. Crest never plays up, so.... Anyway, you took me a little too seriously.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Think it is one and done possibly with a promoter or third party involved.

Okay, I'll admit it. I don't have a clue. How does btango come up with this stuff? Is he the "Wizard of High School football"? Fill us in, please!
We are talking about the old Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling promoted by Jim Crockett Jr.David was his brother.

My uncle lived right off Independence Blvd now with I-485 running right through his back yard (then all woods) on Marglyn. It was rural and remote. His next door neighbor was Black Jack Mulligan. He kept a wooden box at his front door Mulligan's kids could reach the door bell. Mulligan sold the house to Ric Flair where he lived for about ten years with his first wife and two oldest kids in the first home they owned. I met about every professional wrestler from the era.

I know we have got off the subject but every year we had a big group go to Greensboro for the big thanksgiving card which lead to the starcade pay per views.

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
XChamp15, slamming Crest gives the Lions fans a self inflated sense of supremacy. After losing 4 or the last 5 meetings to the Chargers, Shelby rarely get a chance to beat their chest in and around Cleveland County.

XChamp15, slamming Crest gives the Lions fans a self inflated sense of supremacy. After losing 4 or the last 5 meetings to the Chargers, Shelby rarely get a chance to beat their chest in and around Cleveland County.

Crest, right now, is as relevant as bell bottoms. They were big for a short time!

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT