ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby high....

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:
Originally posted by SWO-4LIFE:

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:

Originally posted by SWO-4LIFE:
I remember the 2003 and 2004 2A Western Finals between Shelby and Cummings. Everyone had the winner of those games automatically winning the State Title the next week.
I remember the 2013 Eastern Finals, everyone had SWO winning the State Title the next week...
BTW, if SWO had played in the Championship game like they did against Northeastern in the Eastern Finals, they WOULD have won the State Title, but they didn't.

BTW, if "ifs" and "buts" were bolts and nuts, we'd all be screwed.

This post was edited on 11/10 12:43 PM by SWO-4LIFE
Touche, and if Shelby in 2004 hadn't fumbled what 5 times inside their own 35 they WOULD have won the state title...

But again IFS AND BUTS... LOL Are you Ninja in disguise

Im kidding ha ha....
You are absolutely right, we were not 28 points better than Shelby in 2004. We just took advantage of their mistakes. We were also a lot better team than we showed last year, too.

Not so fast, Carver has been struggling on offense with injuries all year. Seem to have things in order scoring over 120 points in 2 games. There will be games like the Surry central, ot games build character. Carvers only losses are to Dudley and Mt. Tabor, not N. Forsyth. North has literally only beaten us once the past 10 years and that was in 2012 by like 3 points. Carvers non conference schedule always helps them out around this time of year, take some early lumps and experience against 4 a and 3a schools. We ready to line up against anybody.

Originally posted by JoPastillmyhero:
Not so fast, Carver has been struggling on offense with injuries all year. Seem to have things in order scoring over 120 points in 2 games. There will be games like the Surry central, ot games build character. Carvers only losses are to Dudley and Mt. Tabor, not N. Forsyth. North has literally only beaten us once the past 10 years and that was in 2012 by like 3 points. Carvers non conference schedule always helps them out around this time of year, take some early lumps and experience against 4 a and 3a schools. We ready to line up against anybody.
The Shelby fans that know football realize this is going to be a very tough game for the Lions.Carver seems to have it going and something about the second round at home for Shelby has been tough over the years.

Originally posted by kingbluedevil:
Shelby may have a better all around team than Carver, but Carver probably has more speed.
Shelby is not near as fast as they were last year.

@JoPa, you should be confident and feel good about your team, however, I'm not impressed with the 120 pts you scored in your last 2 ballgames versus South Stokes and Hendersonville, 2 hella weak opponents. With that said, Carver is a storied program. They have athletes just as we do. Speed is always in abundance w/ them. I have noticed through the years they have excelled in track as well, a testament to their speed that they have always presented on the grid iron. We will have to minimize mistakes and bring our A game, get off to a fast start. Best believe Shelby will be ready too.

Re: Shelby high....
SHS LION posted on 11/15/2014...

Originally posted by kingbluedevil:
Shelby may have a better all around team than Carver, but Carver probably has more speed.
Shelby is not near as fast as they were last year.

I wouldn't go that far. I know you're saying this due to Antwan Wright's absence. He was just flat out special, a bonafide D1 prospect, just a special talent. However, we're still fast. Borders, Brooks, Reid, and Shell are all burners. Our D is fast as a unit. We have very good overall team speed.

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
@JoPa, you should be confident and feel good about your team, however, I'm not impressed with the 120 pts you scored in your last 2 ballgames versus South Stokes and Hendersonville, 2 hella weak opponents. With that said, Carver is a storied program. They have athletes just as we do. Speed is always in abundance w/ them. I have noticed through the years they have excelled in track as well, a testament to their speed that they have always presented on the grid iron. We will have to minimize mistakes and bring our A game, get off to a fast start. Best believe Shelby will be ready too.
I heard your boy got to finish the game last nite I know your hella proud.

48-17, Dudley only put up 20 points on us and Shelby is going to put up 48? Glad some of you don't actually get paid for your football analysis. Last week there were predictions that the Hendersonville game would be close, maybe even an upset. That 62 points is the most points Hendersonville gave up all year, the second highest was to Owen, a highly favored team. This will be a good game, like said before I think this team is clicking at the right time.

I'll take the under on the 48 also. Better not get too happy throwing the ball because Carver has some game changers.

Most of those points came late after the game was already decided. We'll line up and see who wins, but don't act like Carver is not willing and able to to get the W.

Ah whatever. You stated in another post that the game was close for 3 quarters. It's basketball season for Carver after next week. It's all good though. You'll be warm and cozy in the gym watching your Yellowjackets.

We may very well lose this game at Shelby but it will be because we are outplayed. We won't be outmanned!! We have a young team that's progressed slowly (too slowly for many of the Carver faithful) but the kids are playing their best football now. I think Shelby is the rightful favorite and we will relish the new role of underdog!! It's been a long time since we've been predicted to get blown out.(we have been blow out but it wasn't predicted!) we must play our best game to win and Shelby doesn't need their A-game but with the athletes we have I think we have a punchers chance. Many on this board have been discussing a Shelby/Reidsville rematch. I hope we can make it only a discussion.

Originally posted by utbb01:
We may very well lose this game at Shelby but it will be because we are outplayed. We won't be outmanned!! We have a young team that's progressed slowly (too slowly for many of the Carver faithful) but the kids are playing their best football now. I think Shelby is the rightful favorite and we will relish the new role of underdog!! It's been a long time since we've been predicted to get blown out.(we have been blow out but it wasn't predicted!) we must play our best game to win and Shelby doesn't need their A-game but with the athletes we have I think we have a punchers chance. Many on this board have been discussing a Shelby/Reidsville rematch. I hope we can make it only a discussion.
I have watched some of Carver's hudl highlights they look good to me. This will be best team we have faced besides Crest and South Point. I never look past a team with athletes.

Turnovers most likely will determine outcome. Look for a highly contested game, with a few plays that determines which team advances.

Originally posted by HitmanT:
Originally posted by utbb01:
I have watched some of Carver's hudl highlights they look good to me. This will be best team we have faced besides Crest and South Point. I never look past a team with athletes.
Carver will be better than South Point.It will be our second toughest game of the year.

Carver Yellowjackets Football 14-15
Start date: 8-22-2014
End date: 11-21-14 (In Shelby, NC)

They were a good team, very athletic.
May they transition to basketball in peace.

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
Carver Yellowjackets Football 14-15
Start date: 8-22-2014
End date: 11-21-14 (In Shelby, NC)

They were a good team, very athletic.
May they transition to basketball in peace.
Forever engraved in my mind,West Stokes and Madison County.That is why with those two horrible loss'es I never like to predict victory in the playoffs.Carver is levels above those teams.

I will be the first of the Carver faithful to admit that this isn't our strongest team by far. Matter of fact we were much better last year due to experience. But this team isn't short on talent and each week we've been gaining valuable experience and improving. We have been playing our best football at the right time and I know our kids believe!! They are tough minded kids who won't ever back down from a fight and they know we are facing a huge challenge. If I had to bet serious money I'd bet Shelby by 7 but I wouldn't be surprised if we won. But it's going to take a turnover here and a return there. I look forward to a great trip down and I'm hearing there's a bus going down.

Shelby Lion...Maybe a few SWO posters had SWO winning it in 2013...but we
all know SWO was a huge underdog to win the east and title(from the media to all fans but a few)

The Hendersonville game was decided in the beginning of the 3rd quarter, after we got 2 quick scores in the first few mins. Sorry I didn't go deep into detail in my post. I will admit Tabor blew us out at the beginning of the season, but I don't think too many 2 a teams would fair well against them or dudley. Win or lose it will be a good game. I really don't care about basketball after football season it's wrestling season in my book.

Is carver bringing the band with them? If I wasn't going to the Reidsville game I'd want to see this one.

I'm sure the band is coming! I can't think of a game where the band didnt travel!! They may arrive late but they will be there before halftime!!

As opposed to the Reidsville band that rarely travels anywhere.........Great football team........Band needs to get more involved..Home games they're fine but powers to be wont let them go to many out of town games..............

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT