ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby high....

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
Were just sitting watching were we go...were defending champs...And ready to line up and play anybody out there..

In my opinion after watching shelby go blow for blow against the top 3a school in the west, 2a will be a breeze for the lions. Crest is good enough to be a serious threat in 4a. I think that it will be shelby against Clinton this year for the 2a title. Also would be nice to see crest against havlock. No 3a west team will come within 3tds of beating crest.

You guys wont be "going" anywhere.....you''ll play all your playoff games at home, more than likely...lol....good show against Crest....

Looking forward to seeing the Golden Lions visit Reidsville in the third round.
wink.r191677.gif

Thanks guys...we wore down in 4th ..but right ee went blow for blow against a Crest team.with a steller D.and studs everywhere.
We put ball on ground st least 4 times and drove deep to not get any points...But hats off to there D.
We look to be peaking right now...But theres still some good 2a schools out there. We want to go out and compete and defend our title..
Good luck to you guys and rest of 2a

Don't look past Carver. They are good and lost to some really top teams. Lost first two game to Dudley and N. Forsyth. They have a great defense.

This post was edited on 11/8 11:18 AM by TheMule

Dont belive we will see a better Defense then we saw last night...Crest does prob have best in State.that game will help coaches against another good zd

IMO Shelby is atleast 17 points better than Carver, look at the level of competion for both teams and you will see.

No disrespect to any of the teams involved but just because Clinton beat a 1A team last night and Shelby "lost" last night doesn't mean they both will walk to the state championship. Let's just wait and see.

Looks like another matchup with you guys if Owen handels themselves in the first two rounds. At least yall will have to come to our place for once. Looking forward to it.

after seeing Shelby take care of that pesky Reidsville team,,,I will make the trip up the hill to see Shelby at Owen I do believe in the western final......

I sure hope no Shelby fan goes looking past anybody,especially teams like Carver and Reidsville.I mean we LOOSE to Crest and now we think were the best team out there.We lost we did not win we lost.Just because their fans think they are the greatest team ever does make that lost any better.We should have beat Crest.Last year was great but this is a whole new year.

I agree SHs Lion..and belive me im not...I know how we come out flat in games..I will say this..I think our D is better right now then ladt year at this time...I also think our offense isn't as good...we have more powerful running game right now.but with what rec.we had last year we were better and alittle better line play...we will be be fine...

Assuming Everything goes according to plan...Shelby will have to get through Carver, Reidsville, and Owen just to make it our of the West. That's brutal. They will all be among the toughest teams on our schedule. Usually, Shelby comes into the playoffs having played the hardest schedule in 2A. This year, some teams were down, some had injuries, and it just didn't work out that way. We'll have to play our very best to make it to the Championship game.

And hey! Good new, somebody like SWO or Clinton will be waiting for us when we get there. This no cakewalk. I totally believe we can do it again, but we have to be better than we were this week.

Re: Shelby high....
shelbyfan1 posted on 11/8/2014...
Rossville better not look past Polk there pretty good football team

Really? Polk County isn't good at all, blown of the field by Shelby 50-20 and Owen 35-0, suspect schedule too.

Shotgun Spread you are correct but if you get a chance see if you can get your AD to arrange a game with that "1A team" at their place and when you get it scheduled let know how it all works out for the Rams. I have a pretty good idea.

Pretty big talk from a program that hasn't been to a semi-final or state championship game since 2006 if I'm not mistaken.

This post was edited on 11/8 11:14 PM by Shotgun-Spread

LA..I was messing with the R eidsville folks cause they said we better not look past Career..lol

Shotgun-Spread I thought you said no disrespect intended but now you've disrespected who Clinton plays and now their record. Clinton has a very storied championship history. Just as good as Reidsville since 1990 but what's occurred since 2006 has no bearing in 2014. I've had a tremendous amout of respect for Reidsville and their posters since 1998. Hell I was Born in Eden and have visited drag, the Mule on several occasions, but I'm not going to participate in talking junk, too old for that. Maybe Reidsville will be good enough to represent the west and Clinton the east and the teams can decide it on the field and if so I'll be confident and good with that.

Not so fast..it also took Carver an o.t. game to beat surry central..who struggled with east wilkes..(3-7) and wilkes central (4-7).

Originally posted by Wizard of the East:
Shotgun-Spread I thought you said no disrespect intended but now you've disrespected who Clinton plays and now their record. Clinton has a very storied championship history. Just as good as Reidsville since 1990 but what's occurred since 2006 has no bearing in 2014. I've had a tremendous amout of respect for Reidsville and their posters since 1998. Hell I was Born in Eden and have visited drag, the Mule on several occasions, but I'm not going to participate in talking junk, too old for that. Maybe Reidsville will be good enough to represent the west and Clinton the east and the teams can decide it on the field and if so I'll be confident and good with that.
Wiz, his knees are shaking. He saw the name SHELBY in his bracket and realized bball season will probably be starting in 3 weeks at Reidsville. BTW, Reidsville had a 3 decade (30 year) absence from championship play (71 to 01) so he has no room to talk to anyone that may possibly have an 8 year absence.

I got all the faith in the world in the kids of Reidsville if they meet up with Shelby this year they will avenge that loss. I like our odds seeing that Shelby had 25 seniors on the roster last year and Reidsville had about 2 or 3 seniors that started.

Ive followed Shelby about 38 yrs..31 since I graduated. ..I can promise u dont let that fool but numbers..most skill players are still here with Qb.
we reload every year...And our D to me much better than what u faced ladt year..Not saying its a shoe-in but u can bet it will be a dog fight

I remember the 2003 and 2004 2A Western Finals between Shelby and Cummings. Everyone had the winner of those games automatically winning the State Title the next week.

Originally posted by SWO-4LIFE:
I remember the 2003 and 2004 2A Western Finals between Shelby and Cummings. Everyone had the winner of those games automatically winning the State Title the next week.
I remember the 2013 Eastern Finals, everyone had SWO winning the State Title the next week...

Yet another example that it don't always work out the way everyone thinks it will. You still gotta play the games.

I don't remember anyone saying swo was going to win it all when the playoffs started. Everyone will have a pretty tough game in the 2nd round in the west besides maybe owen. I'd love to see Carver and shelby in the 2nd round if they both win, I would pick shelby 35-14 though.

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:
I remember the 2013 Eastern Finals, everyone had SWO winning the State Title the next week...
BTW, if SWO had played in the Championship game like they did against Northeastern in the Eastern Finals, they WOULD have won the State Title, but they didn't.

BTW, if "ifs" and "buts" were bolts and nuts, we'd all be screwed.

This post was edited on 11/10 12:43 PM by SWO-4LIFE

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:

BTW, if SWO had played in the Championship game like they did against Northeastern in the Eastern Finals, they WOULD have won the State Title, but they didn't.

BTW, if "ifs" and "buts" were bolts and nuts, we'd all be screwed.

This post was edited on 11/10 12:43 PM by SWO-4LIFE
Touche, and if Shelby in 2004 hadn't fumbled what 5 times inside their own 35 they WOULD have won the state title...

But again IFS AND BUTS... LOL Are you Ninja in disguise

Im kidding ha ha....

Who is this quote from last year:

"we r young. softmores n juniors. we go to championship this year n next. lmao. swo will be even better next year. we have 11 softmores start. hehehehehe.......lmao.....6 championships....13 yrs.....hehehehehe. hillbilly west guys...1a school size beat all those grate 2a schools.....lmao.......GodEvil we have seen shelby b4....2004.....lmao.....n next yr we will be their again.....hehehehe"

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:

"we r young. softmores n juniors. we go to championship this year n next. lmao. swo will be even better next year. we have 11 softmores start. hehehehehe.......lmao.....6 championships....13 yrs.....hehehehehe. hillbilly west guys...1a school size beat all those grate 2a schools.....lmao.......GodEvil we have seen shelby b4....2004.....lmao.....n next yr we will be their again.....hehehehe"
Was it Mark Twain ?

You forgot this

Bro, we have beat all kinds of science wif are speed this yer.... Airy player runs a 4.2 ferty

LOL

Was it Mark Twain ?

roll.r191677.gif
Close Lincolnton. I know a lot of you are thinking 50cent or the guy off of Swamp People.

Shelby Lion posted on 11/10/2014...

You forgot this

Bro, we have beat all kinds of science wif are speed this yer.... Airy player runs a 4.2 ferty

----------------------------------------------------------

laugh.r191677.gif

Shelby Lion posted on 11/10/2014...

You forgot this

----------------------------------------------------------

laugh.r191677.gif

Never drink water while reading preps. My keyboard is soaking wet. Hope it isn't damaged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT