ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby and Reidsville in this Century

The loser of this game will always say, “but, that wasn’t one of our better teams”, which is a bullshit excuse. Believe you me, in those 13 and 14 years, Reidsville posters were in those threads talking with confidence, and we had to travel there for a reason, because they were the higher seed. When the stars aligned, and we played each other, we got the better of them in all but one game, period. No need to give them a “cop out”. They never lose a game as is according to them, there’s always an excuse that follows, “wasn’t one of our better teams”, the refs, injuries, wrong defensive scheme, which is what they used as an excuse to East Surry this year.

But In the wrong defensive scheme you heard other people discussing that. Such as west stokes fan, even gosnell himself said something. We got out coached that game it happens.
The 2014 reidsville team was a pretty good team. I think we win a ring if not for Shelby. 2013 reidsville was a good team too, but the injury bug hit that team hard, Shelby was the better team regardless. Hell the 2014 team may have been just as good as the 2005 team.

Last edited:
But In the wrong defensive scheme you heard other people discussing that. Such as west stokes fan, even gosnell himself said something.
The 2014 reidsville team was a pretty good team. I think we win a ring if not for Shelby. 2013 reidsville was a good team too, but the injury bug hit that team hard, Shelby was the better team regardless. Hell the 2014 team may have been just as good as the 2005 team.
I favor all of our spread teams over the wishbone/wing t teams after 2k. Well, 06 was a super team, an all time great team.They were a passing and running threat, big time. Too many athletes were just being decoys at SHS, because everything revolved around the backfield.

A change was way overdue. Thankfully, Ware came and had the balls to do it, go to The Spread. It used to hurt my feelings to see teams, even lesser teams put everyone in the box, because they had no fear of the pass, Shelby running fullback dive on 3rd and 15. You had super athletes at your disposal functioning as decoys.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarheel fan1
I favor all of our spread teams over the wishbone/wing t teams after 2k. Well, 06 was a super team, an all time great team.They were a passing and running thread, big time. Too many athletes were just being decoys at SHS, because everything revolved around the backfield.

A change was way overdue. Thankfully, Ware came and had the balls to do it, go to The Spread. It used to hurt my feelings to see teams, even lesser teams put everyone in the box, because they had no fear of the pass, Shelby running fullback dive on 3rd and 15. You had super athletes at your disposal functioning as decoys.

I remember playing you guys always felt like playing our rival cummings. You guys felt like a mirror image of them

I remember playing you guys always felt like playing our rival cummings. You guys felt like a mirror image of them
That’s who opened my eyes, Cummings, had me envious of their scheme. Then, you guys were impressive with Ray Ray, Doe, Mike Quick, I think was his name, the big tight end, those guys playing pitch and catch all over the field. We shut Graves down, but had no answer for your Spread Attack. Butchee dropped dimes that day, on an injured leg at that. Man, what a great leader and competitor he was.

That’s who opened my eyes, Cummings, had me envious of their scheme. Then, you guys were impressive with Ray Ray, Doe, Mike Quick, I think was his name, the big tight end, those guys playing pitch and catch all over the field. We shut Graves down, but had no answer for your Spread Attack. Butchee dropped dimes that day, on an injured leg at that. Man, what a great leader and competitor he was.
Mike Brown, my brother from another mother, #12. Started out as a scout TE with myself in practice and in 2006 coach teague redid the offense with both us starting. Me in the slot, him as a TE. Hammock at WR and Barnett, Lyshod graves as skill player, Tayon at Rb kendon at WR. No matter what formation we were in it was going to be hard to stop. Ray Ray played his heart out for us injured. But the OLine dont get enough credit for that team we had. The defense was pretty good too. Everyone played their role well and didnt complain about who got the credit. The loss to cummings 39 to 21 in 2006 is what made us who we became in 07.

Kenzell Doe, not kendon doe, although he was pretty good too but a qb in 02 and 03

They were poineers of high school copying the NFL/NCCA run and shoot back in the late 80s with the no huddle offense, and smoked Shelby's 'predictable' triple option.

https://www.greensboro.com/cummings...cle_8e0d09d3-ef9f-5c97-9271-d1ce3b37292e.html

Analytics ain’t my thing. The only thing that matters to me is that Reidsville and Shelby met three times in this time span, and we are 3-1 vs the Rams, and the team with the most shutouts, albeit against lesser comp, was almost shutout themselves in our last two meetings, never scoring any touchdowns, offensively, and that wasn’t an aberration.
No dog, ram, or lion in this fight but....if you only met three times in the span, how are you 3-1 against them? Just wondering

Reidsville played Shelby in title game in 2005 (won by Shelby), 2007 title game (won by Reidsville), 2013 western regional final (won by Shelby), 2014 3rd round of playoffs (won by Shelby)....4 games....3 wins by Lions, 1 by Rams............

True but head to head the series matchup is one sided.
after only 4 games....lol....I tell you one sided.....Reidsville versus Rockingham County.....Reidsville 41 wins RC 2...…….Reidsville vs. McMichael....Reidsville 31 wins McMichael ZERO.....Reidsville vs. Eden Morehead....Reidsville 51 wins Morehead 13...……..I'm sure the Golden Lions have some similar records against long time foes...….

lol it’s only 3-1. If the rams win one game its3-2. All of the games have been close besides that 2013 game.its a shame we didn’t get to play the last few years.
How was the fight, my G? I am about to watch it this morning, I had it recorded due to the Ohio State vs Clemson game being shown at that time, too. I’m skipping right to the main event, but I hear the fans booing John Pascal in the fight before the main event. Sounds Iike he may have been bailed out due to being the champion. The challenger may have actually won the fight.

@tarheel fan1 I like Tank. Skill wise, he could become an all time great, however, his work ethic is questionable. Had he fought an elite opponent this fight, he would have been in trouble, he was clearly tired in the latter rounds. Loved how he finished it, though.

How was the fight, my G? I am about to watch it this morning, I had it recorded due to the Ohio State vs Clemson game being shown at that time, too. I’m skipping right to the main event, but I hear the fans booing John Pascal in the fight before the main event. Sounds Iike he may have been bailed out due to being the champion. The challenger may have actually won the fight.

It was good. Really good atmosphere. Yeah everyone thought jack won, I did too.
Hopefully tank steps it up soon, he’s on the brink of being a star.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Thomasville Bulldogs in the last century- Over 653 wins and 8 state championships. Over 34 playoff appearances. First team in state to ever go 16-0 in season. Definitely in top 3 of true football dynasties-

Here are the Top Ten high schools in NC with most wins (thru the 2019 season)

1...Shelby 822

2...Reidsville 768

3...Mount Airy 738

4...Asheville 671

5...Thomasville 661

6...Hickory 654

7...Concord 649

8...Edenton Holmes 644

9...Tuscola 642

10...Lincolnton 637

Most if not all are community schools.....not a directional school in the bunch.....of course most been playing football for a hundred years or more.........

Reactions: dogs86mvp
When Shelby wins another it is 4-1. Any meeting over the last several years would have gone Shelby's way. You know that tf1 just like most anyone else on this site does. Subdivided playoffs...smh.

If Shelby wins the next one. I won't say anything else. Hopefully you guys are small. I think 2016-2018 were even games and Shelby had the edge this year.

When Shelby wins another it is 4-1...but we have avoided the Rams at all costs since 2014. I even send my kids to Crest so if by some chance we have to face the mighty Rams ,which I hope and pray we dont, they wont be victim to the arsewhipping. Well, Im going back to get my rocks off to my Shelby shrine at the house.

Fixed it for you. Happy New Year.

Here are the Top Ten high schools in NC with most wins (thru the 2019 season)

1...Shelby 822

2...Reidsville 768

3...Mount Airy 738

4...Asheville 671

5...Thomasville 661

6...Hickory 654

7...Concord 649

8...Edenton Holmes 644

9...Tuscola 642

10...Lincolnton 637

Most if not all are community schools.....not a directional school in the bunch.....of course most been playing football for a hundred years or more.........
Best I can tell, Thomasville is at 93 years. Be interesting to know the number of years each of these has been playing.

If Shelby wins the next one. I won't say anything else. Hopefully you guys are small. I think 2016-2018 were even games and Shelby had the edge this year.
‘16 wins easily in my opinion, best team in our championship run, in my opinion. 3AA depth, two platoon, size, athletes galore, burners, everything you’d want in a football team. I saw on the other board in a thread, Best 2A Teams Ever awhile back, something to that affect. Another poster mentioned it has to be one of the recent Shelby teams, and you replied, “nah”. Bro, you don’t have any idea how great those 15 and 16 Shelby teams were. They could play with anyone regardless of classification.

Last edited:
Fixed it for you. Happy New Year.
Dude, Reidsville was blown out by Lincolnton in 2015, that same Lincolnton who lost by two scores to the Lions in those same playoffs. Who the hell were we avoiding since ‘14? The Rams would have been embarrassed, just like you would have been humbled this year, too. Shout out to that Lincolnton squad, though, that was a great team.

No matter how you Reidsville dudes slice it, the Rams were on the menu, too. Pulling excuses out ya asses, “we didn’t have a quarterback”, but wished that same quarterback played in ‘14, that same quarterback who went 3-24 and 3 picks in ‘13. I read that old article recently. No touchdowns, offensively, in either game, and dude is talking about an aberration.

You guys see that name “Shelby”, you know what it represents. We don’t need anyone’s validation! When you see other posters constantly wanting to match us up against schools in bigger classifications, that’s for a reason. The gap from 2A-2AA is widening. Done with this, though. Y’all think you wanted that smoke with Shelby, but believe you me, had we kept playing over these recent years, the Rams would be down 8-1, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Damn all of this redundant talk, though. Until we actually meet again, take that mfn L. Shelby 3-1, period! And that’s some facts for you.

And another fun fact about you is, in both ‘17 and ‘19, you got ahead of yourself, and said those two teams were better than your ‘16 team until they were beaten. Yet, you're always talking about that team after the fact, during the off season. You definitely said that ‘19 was better, offensively, and was slowly deferring to them, period, until East Surry happened. Yet, that greatest offense ever scored only 14 points to a one dimensional Northeastern team.

Last edited:
And another fun fact about you is in both ‘17 and ‘19, you got ahead of yourself, and said those two teams were better than your ‘16 team until they were beaten. Yet, you're always talking about that team after the fact, during the off season. You definitely said that ‘19 was better, offensively, and was slowly deferring to them, period, until East Surry happened. Yet, that greatest offense ever scored only 14 points to a one dimensional Northeastern team.

19 team was better than 16 offensively. But the defense is far behind. Northeastern is one dimensional but that defense is good. I get ahead of myself and talk a little. But neither team is better than 16. I think I’m right more than I’m wrong, but I state some wrong stuff in here. The 15 reidsville team isn’t the same team as 16 team and lincolnton fans found that out quick. In 2017 I think the whole top 5 in 2a was about even.

A lot of people think next years team will be def be better than this years team. I said I wasn’t sure. I maybe wrong with that.

Dude, Reidsville was blown out by Lincolnton in 2015, that same Lincolnton who lost by two scores to the Lions in those same playoffs. Who the hell were we avoiding since ‘14? The Rams would have been embarrassed, just like you have been humbled this year, too. Shout out to that Lincolnton squad, though, that was a great team.

No matter how you Reidsville dudes slice it, the Rams was in the menu, too. Pulling excuses ya asses, “we didn’t have a quarterback”, but wished that same quarterback played in ‘14, that same quarterback who went 3-24 and 3 picks in ‘13. I read that old article recently. No touchdowns, offensively, in either game, and dude is talking about aberration.

You guys see that name “Shelby”, you know what it represents. We don’t need anyone’s validation! When you see other posters constantly wanting to match us up against schools in bigger classifications, that’s for a reason. The gap from 2A-2AA is widening. Done with this, though. Y’all think you wanted that smoke with Shelby, but believe you me, had we kept playing over these recent years, the Rams would be down 8-1, in my opinion.

If Shelby went up 8-1 I still say 16-18 would be some dog fights. 17 the gap in 2a 1-5 was really close. 18 I think we could have played with you guys, 19 Shelby wins, but I think the rams keep it respectable. I know 16 was a monster Shelby team, but i think 16 was a monster Reidsville team. But as you said Shelby is 3-1 and deserving. Maybe next year again.

19 team was better than 16 offensively. But the defense is far behind. Northeastern is one dimensional but that defense is good. I get ahead of myself and talk a little. But neither team is better than 16. I think I’m right more than I’m wrong, but I state some wrong stuff in here. The 15 reidsville team isn’t the same team as 16 team and lincolnton fans found that out quick. In 2017 I think the whole top 5 in 2a was about even.
Dude said we have been ducking y’all since ‘14, that’s where that talk of ‘15 came up. And that lame shit that he often says about our ADMS and whatever he says involving Crest. Has anyone ever heard of Crest, NC? This is Shelby, NC. Boiling Springs Crest, as they like to claim, better be fortunate this city was zoned the way that it was. Inner city Shelby is going to pump athletes into Shelby High School no matter what, though.

Last edited:
Dude said we have been ducking y’all since ‘14, that’s were that talk of ‘15 came up. And that lame shit that he often says about our ADMS and whatever he says involving Crest. Has anyone ever heard of Crest, NC? This is Shelby, NC. Boiling Springs Crest, as they like to claim, better be lucky this city was zoned the way that it was. Inner city Shelby is going to pump athletes into Shelby High School, no matter what.

Yeah I think he’s joking though. Cause we both know Shelby probably should have 3a enrollment.

Dude said we have been ducking y’all since ‘14, that’s were that talk of ‘15 came up. And that lame shit that he often says about our ADMS and whatever he says involving Crest. Has anyone ever heard of Crest, NC? This is Shelby, NC. Boiling Springs Crest, as they like to claim, better be lucky this city was zoned the way that it was. Inner city Shelby is going to pump athletes into Shelby High School, no matter what.

Yeah I think he’s joking though. Cause we both know Shelby probably should have 3a enrollment.

Yet, you’re still in here chirping and replying damn near immediately, obviously lurking like the rest of us “no life outside of football” having individuals. Happy New Year to you, too.

Im sure you have a life. Your buddies TRUEbutnotFactualDyanasty on the other hand... Not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT