ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages

Status
Not open for further replies.
MA @ George Wythe VA Aug 16th
I hope this
This was posted on Virginia preps. Perhaps a schedule change.

George Wythe jamboree schedule (split field)

4- Graham v Grayson county
4- Galax v Mt airy
5- Mt airy 2 v Narrows
5- rural retreat v Floyd county
6- GRAHAM V MT AIRY
6- G Wythe 2 v Holston
7- Galax v Narrows
7- Grayson v Holston
8- G wythe v Floyd county
8- rural retreat v Galax
I hope this did not get rained out ! We had a storm come through and maybe it did not get up to Wytheville, Va.

Reactions: RealStihl
All I know is I saw on VA website bears tied graham one to one bears scored a 2nd time but was called back for a penalty.

All I know is I saw on VA website bears tied graham one to one bears scored a 2nd time but was called back for a penalty.
3 times one was pass interference in end zone. I made the trip. 2 good football teams right there. I think Graham was even more mouthy than the bears. Bears looked super physical. Big Floyd did not play. New corner got neat on a td. Other than that bears whipped them physically. Graham in state 2 years ago. Won it three years ago. Entering season as top again. They are very impressive. Surprised to see bears look that good. Physically imposing. Joyce is a one man wrecking crew. And clabo kid looks like a giant.

Sounds like the Bears are gonna be just fine. Graham is a perineal 2a power in Va steeped in tradition. As much as Graham likes to throw it around if the sec only gave 1 ball then that’s a win. Know it was wet. Been following Graham for awhile , usually big , physical, proud, very balanced. Bears won’t see a Graham type team till December. How did the bears look against galax and the 2’s against narrows. On paper looked like it was a fun scrimmage. Hate to hear field was a mess. Is it Friday yet?

Sounds like the Bears are gonna be just fine. Graham is a perineal 2a power in Va steeped in tradition. As much as Graham likes to throw it around if the sec only gave 1 ball then that’s a win. Know it was wet. Been following Graham for awhile , usually big , physical, proud, very balanced. Bears won’t see a Graham type team till December. How did the bears look against galax and the 2’s against narrows. On paper looked like it was a fun scrimmage. Hate to hear field was a mess. Is it Friday yet?
Graham came in with a lot of mouth and thought they could just out physical the Bears. Think Coach Taylor let the guys go ahead and give it back to them. Lots of smack talk during both of Grahams two scrimmages. Lots of flags in game against Bears. Would love to know how many penalty yards if actual game. Bears beat Galax by 6 tds and 2s outscored Narrows 4 tds to 1. Bears didn't run much option last night. Think you will see entirely different look come Friday. Floyd did not dress last night so he will be anxious to play against Hounds.

Pretty cool that Coach Taylor let the kids go , if they wasn’t in the triple option what were they running? Rough said the Bears looked super physical so I would love to have been on that Graham side line when the Bears turned it loose. The G- men are used to having there way with the teams in southwest va. This matchup is super intriguing to me. How did Joyce , Martin look in backfield? Gallimore under center and hiatt kid at center? Did the bears throw it any? Favorite time of year

Pretty cool that Coach Taylor let the kids go , if they wasn’t in the triple option what were they running? Rough said the Bears looked super physical so I would love to have been on that Graham side line when the Bears turned it loose. The G- men are used to having there way with the teams in southwest va. This matchup is super intriguing to me. How did Joyce , Martin look in backfield? Gallimore under center and hiatt kid at center? Did the bears throw it any? Favorite time of year
The field looked really bad and the rain had its effect on the field as well. Having said that, hats off to George Wythe for hosting this event.

While MA was trying out multi offensive sets, it appeared they have a lot of work to do on passing game, especially in the rain.
Joyce is just flat out a beast on both offense and defense. Claybo is only a half step behind Joyce, and it is a very small half step.

Oakley is a big boost to the team and looking for young man from Forbush/Starmount to do the same.

Taeshon Martin has to decided to play flat out every play. He must realize that he no longer has Tyler Mason to make his life easy. When he makes this decision, as he will, life as a Bear fan will be a lot of fun.

The off season weight room work definitely showed up and an extremely mouthy Graham that tried to play bullies bad butt against each team they played found out quickly that does not go well against the Bears. And Graham found out that Bears are pack animals. When Graham tried their crap, the offender got to deal with several Bears all at once.

All in all it was a good, not necessarily great night for the Bears. BUT it was a very wet, rainy, scrimmage. Next week things get REAL real quick against the team that just might be the biggest challenge for the Bears until the playoffs.

Let's just say that the left side of the line for Graham should have had at least a dozen flags for holding against Claybo. Whe Bears put DJ into the backfield they were much more productive. He ran thru Graham and exploded for yards. Td was one example. I think the lack of using the option had a lot to do with the wet weather.

anyone at the swain Heritage scrimmage?
Both teams had a good showing last night, Heritage has really good QB and move the ball well on Swain D, Swain is missing a key to their Defense number 79 in the middle and having a few new linebacker, they will only get better as they season goes on and when 79 returns. Swain Offenses line was giving heritage problem creating big hole and move the ball with easy at times. Both team has a few things to clean up but I can see both these team seeing each other deep in the playoffs.

Let's just say that the left side of the line for Graham should have had at least a dozen flags for holding against Claybo. Whe Bears put DJ into the backfield they were much more productive. He ran thru Graham and exploded for yards. Td was one example. I think the lack of using the option had a lot to do with the wet weather.
What about Martin ? How did the linebackers look? With Floyd in the middle and Claybo playing that well opposite of DJ it sounds like that defense is going to be dirty

Reactions: sbbbfan
The field looked really bad and the rain had its effect on the field as well. Having said that, hats off to George Wythe for hosting this event.

While MA was trying out multi offensive sets, it appeared they have a lot of work to do on passing game, especially in the rain.
Joyce is just flat out a beast on both offense and defense. Claybo is only a half step behind Joyce, and it is a very small half step.

Oakley is a big boost to the team and looking for young man from Forbush/Starmount to do the same.

Taeshon Martin has to decided to play flat out every play. He must realize that he no longer has Tyler Mason to make his life easy. When he makes this decision, as he will, life as a Bear fan will be a lot of fun.

The off season weight room work definitely showed up and an extremely mouthy Graham that tried to play bullies bad butt against each team they played found out quickly that does not go well against the Bears. And Graham found out that Bears are pack animals. When Graham tried their crap, the offender got to deal with several Bears all at once.

All in all it was a good, not necessarily great night for the Bears. BUT it was a very wet, rainy, scrimmage. Next week things get REAL real quick against the team that just might be the biggest challenge for the Bears until the playoffs.
If I had to guess I would say that the bears didn't run a whole lot of different stuff from looking at what they have done in the past. They may have even scripted the whole thing. And never deviated from it. I disagree wholeheartedly about the Martin kid. He was locking people down on defense making tackles. And running like an animal when he had the ball. I'm not sure what you were watching. The Joyce kid is scary on defense but maybe even scarier on offense he took a hand off went across the formation cut off tackle two dudes bounced off of them. Then he ran over another one to go in the end zone. And stayed upright. Dude look like he had hit a force field. He stands out. Everybody in the stands that was around even said so. By far the best football player on that field and Graham has some guys that are getting D1 offers. Probably good for the bears to play a team like that. They seemed to keep their composure in the face of all the flags that Graham was putting up. Graham is very undisciplined. Which I'm assuming is why they got beat by whoever beat them in the playoffs last year. They definitely have some great looking kids. But except for the long pass play they really didn't do much. They could not run the ball. And really could not throw the ball but I think the rain may have had a little bit to do with that. They don't look very deep when their team was on the field It only looked like they had about 15 guys on the sideline.. but I think they're a little smaller than Mount Airy as far as attendance goes. I agree it's probably the best team they'll see you till the quarterfinals of the playoffs maybe even the semifinals.

If I had to guess I would say that the bears didn't run a whole lot of different stuff from looking at what they have done in the past. They may have even scripted the whole thing. And never deviated from it. I disagree wholeheartedly about the Martin kid. He was locking people down on defense making tackles. And running like an animal when he had the ball. I'm not sure what you were watching. The Joyce kid is scary on defense but maybe even scarier on offense he took a hand off went across the formation cut off tackle two dudes bounced off of them. Then he ran over another one to go in the end zone. And stayed upright. Dude look like he had hit a force field. He stands out. Everybody in the stands that was around even said so. By far the best football player on that field and Graham has some guys that are getting D1 offers. Probably good for the bears to play a team like that. They seemed to keep their composure in the face of all the flags that Graham was putting up. Graham is very undisciplined. Which I'm assuming is why they got beat by whoever beat them in the playoffs last year. They definitely have some great looking kids. But except for the long pass play they really didn't do much. They could not run the ball. And really could not throw the ball but I think the rain may have had a little bit to do with that. They don't look very deep when their team was on the field It only looked like they had about 15 guys on the sideline.. but I think they're a little smaller than Mount Airy as far as attendance goes. I agree it's probably the best team they'll see you till the quarterfinals of the playoffs maybe even the semifinals.
I did not say Anything about Martin (John) due to we did not know until after the scrimmages that one 27 was Galimore and the other 27 was John Martin.
Floyd did not scrimmage, was on the sidelines in pullover sweats.
And my comments on Taeshon Martin was the consensus of about 5 of us watching together. And we all want to see last years model and think we will. And I said so.

I did not say Anything about Martin (John) due to we did not know until after the scrimmages that one 27 was Galimore and the other 27 was John Martin.
Floyd did not scrimmage, was on the sidelines in pullover sweats.
And my comments on Taeshon Martin was the consensus of about 5 of us watching together. And we all want to see last years model and think we will. And I said so.
Don't take it personal. It's probably the five that's spew comments about Mount Airy on here all the time. You know the ones that are generally wrong because your fans and don't really know football. Just remember that. Most of the time you don't know what You are talking about. Like really and literally. Tayshawn was pretty much the best dude in the scrimmage as far as effort power running the ball etc. And you give that kind of review..

Don't take it personal. It's probably the five that's spew comments about Mount Airy on here all the time. You know the ones that are generally wrong because your fans and don't really know football. Just remember that. Most of the time you don't know what You are talking about. Like really and literally. Tayshawn was pretty much the best dude in the scrimmage as far as effort power running the ball etc. And you give that kind of review..
Don't think he meant it in a bad way. We are spoiled by Mason. Tayshawn is a different kind of runner. He does much better when they put someone back there with him. Graham basically keyed on him.

Reactions: Bearmod1
Conflicting reports coming in . The Virginia boards are saying it wasn't nothing but a G - Thang in Wytheville last night. The G-Men were Bullies and more Physical and the Barneyboys were have a bit of trouble. I'm hearing 2 different things from Barneyboro. Roughtrader is a trusted poster so I'm gonna take what he says as the rule of law on matters as such. Every Mayberry poster has something different to say. Surely the G-men didn't have there way. . Waiting on the trusted poster Billy bob to chime in , i know he was in the stands. So Roughtrader do the Barney boys repeat? Chris Hughes says heritage is the class of the west, Is he right or wrong? This football season has me feellllin BUENOOOOOOO. Next weeks tailgate has me excited. Thanks for the invite in private messaging WHitley. :) Appppppreciaaaate yhea homie

Last edited by a moderator:
Conflicting reports coming in . The Virginia boards are saying it wasn't nothing but a G - Thang in Wytheville last night. The G-Men were Bullies and more Physical and the Barneyboys were have a bit of trouble. I'm hearing 2 different things from Barneyboro. Roughtrader is a trusted poster so I'm gonna take what he says as the rule of law on matters as such. Every Mayberry poster has something different to say. Surely the G-men didn't have there way. . Waiting on the trusted poster Billy bob to chime in , i know he was in the stands. So Roughtrader do the Barney boys repeat? Chris Hughes says heritage is the class of the west, Is he right or wrong? This football season has me feellllin BUENOOOOOOO. Next weeks tailgate has me excited. Thanks for the invite in private messaging WHITTLEY full of S#!tllly :) Appppppreciaaaate yhea homie
ass hole GIF

That's pretty funny man look at old buzz giving you some. He was wanting Atkins out of there 3 years ago every name in the book was being called. He might not remember it from that concussion he got this spring though. Anyway no the Gram team wasn't more physical they just ran their mouth a lot. The bears did a pretty good job of not getting into it with them. When it counted though Joyce ran over them and threw them so did tayshawn Martin. But those boys from Virginia do have some athletes that's for sure man. My impression of the bears was there about on the same part they were last year. They made mincemeat of a pretty good George wythe team as well. And beat some other team with their twos and JV's I'm not sure who it was. I was a little shocked how good they were on defense everybody getting to the ball etc. You can tell the defense coordinator or that used to be the defense coordinator is now the head coach. They weren't very imaginative on offense but I think that's probably becausethey don't want to give anything away. You know for next week that team that could beat them ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT