ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland Mallard Creek. Early anticipation.

Scotland will have to pass successfully at least 10 of 15 to keep those running backs moving. Jmo

DEAL...I love trophies! And to return the favor, next time you're in Matthews, I'll arrange a tour of our trophy cases. And I know all of the Mallard Creek posters on this site (great guys), so I'm sure once you're done in Matthews, you can head north and they'll let you check out their trophy cases, too. I also know CC14, so there's an option to head south instead and check out Catholic's trophy cases. Sorry, Indy doesn't have any posters on this site these days, so we'll have to skip them. And we'd probably only have one day, anyway, and Indy has a LOT of trophy cases.
hokiemtc I'had seen.......... da Trophy Case at NEW BERN, and DUST is everywhere on it, and a Big RED and BLACK tarp is covering it. i have a sister in law that teaches their, and it's has plenty of empty space.

I can't say anything about empty space...Butler had two golden opportunities to add trophies to their case this winter (football, boys basketball) and didn't get the job done either time.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Anyway, I think this thread is straying off-topic, which is Scotland-Mallard Creek. This should be one heck of a ball game.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I can't say anything about empty space...Butler had two golden opportunities to add trophies to their case this winter (football, boys basketball) and didn't get the job done either time.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some. Anyway, I think this thread is straying off-topic, which is Scotland-Mallard Creek. This should be one heck of a ball game.
yes it is, we're all will b in SCOTLAND COUNTY that night. Go bears.......................

With a guesstimate, who will win?

REALLY rough guesstimate...Scotland 14 Mallard Creek 10. If Scotland can get the young faces in the Mallard Creek front 7 thinking instead of reacting, then Scotland 24 Mallard Creek 10. Returning experience is YUGE early on in a season.

However, there is no scenario in which a Mallard Creek victory will surprise me. They'll be green as grass early on, but they'll still have the best size and depth in the state. For them, it's just going to be a matter of how quickly things gel and settle into place. They'll easily have enough talent to chase another state title trophy if they can find some cohesion and execution amongst all the new faces.

Looking at film on Mallard Creek there is no way we run the ball on that huge d line. One of their defensive tacked was recently offered by Michigan. My Mother use to tell me to be careful about what you ask for. Long night for my beloved Scots!

Looking at film on Mallard Creek there is no way we run the ball on that huge d line. One of their defensive tacked was recently offered by Michigan. My Mother use to tell me to be careful about what you ask for. Long night for my beloved Scots!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
They have a underrated MLB. He's not on the radar but he's dog, kalen Allen. So while ur looking at that line, there's athletes behind that d1 line.

I think it would be very difficult to line up and smash mouth Mallard Creek. I can't think of any team that has beaten them with that strategy since probably their first year in existence in 2007. BUT...if there's any team in the state physically equipped to pull it off, it would be Scotland in 2017. Pretty decent sized oline and two big time running backs. IF it can be done, then here's your game to see it happen.

However, my gut tells me that Scotland will probably have to run some stuff on offense to get MC's front 7 thinking side-to-side pass defense instead of just trying to run on them. MC's front 7 will be really inexperienced heading into the season, so I think the best bet is get them thinking about what they're doing so that they'll be a step slow to react. Keep 'em guessing and then go run your stuff.

Historically, out of all of the teams that have beaten Mallard Creek since 2008 (West Charlotte '08, Indy 2x '09, Vance '10, Page '11, Butler 2x '12, Butler '14, Byrnes '15, Hough '15, South Pointe '16, Vance '16, Butler '16), the Vance team in 2010 is really the only one of those offenses that didn't have a pretty dynamic passing game to keep the MC defense honest and keep them from aggressively going after the line of scrimmage. And Vance only scored 10 points in that win. For every other loss MC has had, a sufficiently potent passing game has pretty much been a requirement in order to get the offense moving well enough to start putting points on the board.

This is certainly an interesting matchup. We'll see how it goes.

Reactions: swett2victory
I think it would be very difficult to line up and smash mouth Mallard Creek. I can't think of any team that has beaten them with that strategy since probably their first year in existence in 2007. BUT...if there's any team in the state physically equipped to pull it off, it would be Scotland in 2017. Pretty decent sized oline and two big time running backs. IF it can be done, then here's your game to see it happen.

However, my gut tells me that Scotland will probably have to run some stuff on offense to get MC's front 7 thinking side-to-side pass defense instead of just trying to run on them. MC's front 7 will be really inexperienced heading into the season, so I think the best bet is get them thinking about what they're doing so that they'll be a step slow to react. Keep 'em guessing and then go run your stuff.

Historically, out of all of the teams that have beaten Mallard Creek since 2008 (West Charlotte '08, Indy 2x '09, Vance '10, Page '11, Butler 2x '12, Butler '14, Byrnes '15, Hough '15, South Pointe '16, Vance '16, Butler '16), the Vance team in 2010 is really the only one of those offenses that didn't have a pretty dynamic passing game to keep the MC defense honest and keep them from aggressively going after the line of scrimmage. And Vance only scored 10 points in that win. For every other loss MC has had, a sufficiently potent passing game has pretty much been a requirement in order to get the offense moving well enough to start putting points on the board.

This is certainly an interesting matchup. We'll see how it goes.
Short passes to White right behind that D-line, better yet on the sides. Whats that play called again where that wide receivers on the outside covers, White comes back behind the line for a short pass and now he has an open zig zag lane on the right side

The Screen?
:)

After watching s few seconds of all three videos, and I meant a few seconds, there's no way Scotland has a chance. This game is over and the bus that rides up and down Maxton might as well stay warm. This game is over. Scotland is not even going to do their first 45 seconds traditional touchdown. I dont even know why they scheduled this. At first I was like ok "WE GOT THIS", but after watching film, drooling, and watch big men on the D-line Scotland might as well dream....it's over. I'm not going to this game. The film tells it all.

Go_Scots I agree brother.

Forget the tailgate, the cell phone and your kilts. I'm not paying 7 dollars to see Scotland lose. I'll be at home with my internet off and my focus on cutting my grass that Friday

Forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not my intention not intimidation.....I think it is going to be a very physical game. Scotland has size and speed as well. This game will come down to Coaching and adjustments period. The big time players are going to make a few plays but the adjustments that the Coaches make on match-ups and scheme offensively and defensively will be the difference. Scotland will have to go away from tendency (run) and throw a larger percentage to beat Mallard Creek. Mallard Creek defensively have to get off the field and give the offense that will be young more chances to develop an identity in the game. I think the run and passing game will be fine at MC it will just be brand spanking new in a game situation.

They have a underrated MLB. He's not on the radar but he's dog, kalen Allen. So while ur looking at that line, there's athletes behind that d1 line.

Kalen is ballplayer and is going to have a great year. He is the poster boy for why recruiting websites and stars can be so overrated when evaluating high school football. Highly productive and if he was 1.5 inches taller he would be on every recruiters watch list in the Southeast but because he doesnt project he will find himself at a mid major or FCS team. Doesnt mean he wont be a crazy good HS baller.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad

Think it has very little to do with talent. Scotland is loaded and nobody is gonna feel sorry for MC. I have seen a small snap shot of the 2017 version. They look very much like the same squad that has lined up the last 6-7 years. Plenty of big fast kids and I think in the end the QB situation will be a plus position for the MAvericks.

What Creek team shows up that night? Is it the 2010-14 version that had a chip on its shoulder and played physical, disciplined football?? Or is it the squad from last year that averaged 200 yds in penalties and had some kids that fell in love with recruiters?? There is zero reason they shouldnt be very hungry but its 16 and 17 year old kids and most times it comes down to the core seniors.

If its the former then it should be a special game at PAte. If its the latter, could be ugly.

Lol... the Scotland attitudes seem to have changed going into the new season...just remember it's about a 90% predictable game, and the biggest, baddest that always wins.We've most all seen it. That's why we love the game...anything can happen.

Scotland wins this one at home it will be tougher here than between the white walls at Legion for Mallard Creek .
Also, MC has a recent history of starting seasons out a little slow right out of the gate. With that many new starters, I wouldn't expect execution to be at playoff level yet.

There's a lot of things leaning in Scotland's favor this year.

School is almost out looking forward to the Dog Days of Summer.....This is when you develop toughness and team chemistry..

We usually play in the dirt, in the rain, in the mud during the summer days in The Field of Dreams. But here is a little of what the outcome turns out to look like when the whistle blows

THIS IS OUR SUMMER WORKOUT(endurance workout)

THIS IS WHEN BALL COACH PUTS US ON THE TRACK(Speed workout)

THIS VIDEO IS THE FINAL OUTCOME(There are horrific sections on this video, please assure kids are not watching)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT