ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland Mallard Creek. Early anticipation.

Swett! Sorry brother, I never know what you're talking about.
36c77ee9a371497cbd6eabfd5f6ff5c8_download-jesus-cwithe-meme_306-306.jpeg

On paper Scotland should roll. Probably the #1 ranked team in the state and alot of talent coming back. I get that the young QB has talent but lets not kid ourselves Bailey isnt gonna let a 15 yr old throw it around in his first start when he has the best RB in the country and another pretty solid guy in Mcqueen as well. Scotland is gonna do what they do.

Hard to give much of a breakdown on MC but frankly none of us really have much of a clue right now. Lots of new faces in new spots. They will be very big and physical as always. 704 Cougars is correct, there has never been a team that has beaten MC that was predominantly run based. Davis Cheek, Derion Kendrick, Jackson Gibbs, Kingsley Ifedi, Anthony Ratliff Williams, Riley Fergesun, James Summers.... Its usually a D1 QB with a big arm and wheels that does the trick.

That said its hard to imagine walking into Pate on a 95 degree night with 18 new starters and slaying the dragon. Big time opening games are a double edged sword. You certainly get your teams attention when they hear they are taking on Zeus. You also risk hurting the confidence of a young squad. I guess we will see.
if Scotland offense does not reinvent itself, they will get their collective brains kickout!

Us country boys down here in Podunk can't play with the big city boys. This game is eerily similar to our first ever meeting with New Bern.

So New Bern is considered big city in your eyes?

I've been in both "cities" recently and I've seen both programs play several times each over the last few years...everything about the "cities" and teams all seem like polar opposites to me, but maybe that's just me.

Also, FYI, the town of Matthews has almost as much population as the big city of New Bern has. And Matthews isn't very big.

Last edited:
So New Bern is considered big city in your eyes?

I've been in both "cities" recently and I've seen both programs play several times each over the last few years...everything about the "cities" and teams all seem like polar opposites to me, but maybe that's just me.

Also, FYI, the town of Matthews has almost as much population as the big city of New Bern has. And Matthews isn't very big.
So what youre saying Mr. hokiemtc, is that MC is gonna put a beat down on Scotland.........?

Man stop saying weird things and get to the point

POPULATION.jpg

Last edited:
So what youre saying Mr. hokiemtc, is that MC is gonna put a beat down on Scotland.........?

Man stop saying weird things and get to the point
Dude, post #22 in this thread. I'm not typing it all out again.

I think this is a winnable game for Scotland because Mallard Creek will be green as grass, but Scotland's lack of any sort of legit passing game is going to make it a real challenge for them. Mallard Creek's secondary has been hit-or-miss the last few years, but their run defense has been consistently very stout. They have a bunch of 6'-3"+, 300+ pound bodies in the middle of that D that are very, very difficult to root out of there to clear out running lanes, and they always have big bodies with state-champ track type of speed out on the edges.

My early guess is that neither team hits 20 points, and that in the end, Mallard Creek makes two too many big mistakes to pull out the win on the road that early in the season. If either team ends up winning by more than 2 scores, then I'm guessing it will be from Scotland's running game confusing the new faces in Mallard Creek's front 7 enough that they start playing on their heels and thinking too much, in which case Scotland's big dogs will eat. All things considered, my way-too-early prediction is Scotland 14 Mallard Creek 10. If Scotland can firmly get that running game established, then Scotland 24 Mallard Creek 10. However, a Mallard Creek win of any type will not surprise me. They'll have a lot of question marks because of the new faces, but they are still the biggest, deepest team in the state, and if things click quickly, then they'll once again be a potent force right out of the gate.

Last edited:

I think this is a winnable game for Scotland because Mallard Creek will be green as grass, but Scotland's lack of any sort of legit passing game is going to make it a real challenge for them. Mallard Creek's secondary has been hit-or-miss the last few years, but their run defense has been consistently very stout. They have a bunch of 6'-3"+, 320+ pound bodies in the middle of that D that are very, very difficult to root out of there to clear out running lanes, and they always have big bodies with state-champ track type of speed out on the edges.

My early guess is that neither team hits 20 points, and that in the end, Mallard Creek makes two too many big mistakes to pull out the win on the road that early in the season. If either team ends up winning by more than 2 scores, then I'm guessing it will be from Scotland's running game confusing the new faces in Mallard Creek's front 7 enough that they start playing on their heels and thinking too much, in which case Scotland's big dogs will eat. All things considered, my way-too-early prediction is Scotland 14 Mallard Creek 10.
ok thats better.....
I know they are going to straight up gun for WHITE. They will try their best to eliminate his game. I think Scotland should come up with some trickery stuff(in football version) kinda like this dude

someone called it the 1-2 Punch or something...( one dab.........2 dabs......BOOM and escape)
18muvrq3hcdhogif.gif

tumblr_o9r2geirDc1usb64to1_500.gif

Last edited:

I think this is a winnable game for Scotland because Mallard Creek will be green as grass, but Scotland's lack of any sort of legit passing game is going to make it a real challenge for them. Mallard Creek's secondary has been hit-or-miss the last few years, but their run defense has been consistently very stout. They have a bunch of 6'-3"+, 300+ pound bodies in the middle of that D that are very, very difficult to root out of there to clear out running lanes, and they always have big bodies with state-champ track type of speed out on the edges.

My early guess is that neither team hits 20 points, and that in the end, Mallard Creek makes two too many big mistakes to pull out the win on the road that early in the season. If either team ends up winning by more than 2 scores, then I'm guessing it will be from Scotland's running game confusing the new faces in Mallard Creek's front 7 enough that they start playing on their heels and thinking too much, in which case Scotland's big dogs will eat. All things considered, my way-too-early prediction is Scotland 14 Mallard Creek 10. If Scotland can firmly get that running game established, then Scotland 24 Mallard Creek 10. However, a Mallard Creek win of any type will not surprise me. They'll have a lot of question marks because of the new faces, but they are still the biggest, deepest team in the state, and if things click quickly, then they'll once again be a potent force right out of the gate.
You revised a couple things Hokie Hokie..........Are you unsure?

You edited 300
You deleted the last section

It dawned on me after I posted that the two backups last year that I was specifically thinking about might not both end up on the dline. One or both of them might end up on the oline, or one or both of them might not even crack the starting lineup. We'll know soon enough. If Scotland looks across the line and sees a 6'-7" 340 pound defensive tackle staring back at them, then you can change that statement back to read 330+. Otherwise, it should probably stay at 300+. Even without those two, there will still be plenty of beef in the middle of the front 7.

And I didn't delete the last section, I doubled the length of it by adding some new thoughts.

Scotland's oline could be special this year. Returning some good looking kids. Smallest one is 6'-3" and the biggest 6'-7". Ranging 290-320 lbs. going to be a nice match up in the trenches in this one. The book end tackles at 6'-6" and 6'-7" are getting some college looks.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Watching film on the bookends Williams and Smith, not once did they line up against players that were bigger than them. Which they will definitely see against the Creek. Along with the heavy rotation. It will be interesting.

Rising seniors with that size, blocking for the number one back in the nation, and college's are only looking. You can't teach size. They should have numerous offers?

Last edited:
Preseason ranking are just that. They mean nothing. Us country boys down here in Podunk can't play with the big city boys. This game is eerily similar to our first ever meeting with New Bern. Just like the Mavericks fans Bear Nation told has how they would best our brains out if they ever got the oppurtunity. In 2011 they got that oppurtunity and they showed us just what they had. I expect nothing less from Mallard Creek.

Not just the big city boys that you are struggling with. Greensboro, Wilmington, Fayetville. Hardly big cities.

So what youre saying Mr. Blue is that MC is equivalent to Greensboro, Wilmington, Fayetteville all put together and this game is already over?

What I am saying Mr. Swett is big city, small city, middle city......doesnt matter. Scotland will be the #1 ranked team in the state, featuring the #1 RB in the country and will be playing on their home field. I am sure it will be a very good game......

Agree with Blue and Gold 100% a very good andintersting way to start the season..Thursda night...hey they got the entire show that night other than some JV games...people will come from everywhere I should think.

Reactions: swett2victory
Lol.. I meant local North and Soth Carolina...GO SCOTS.!!
aaaaaaahhhhhh
Ben Bad......Since this game was scheduled, I have over-heard Vernon, Rufus, Sterling, Rhett, Sawyer, and couple fellas on here that Scotland should make plans to do that one-two Punch thang

What exactly is the one-two punch in football version Ben Badd?

This is the way I see it in Boxing Ben Badd....1, 2,.....BOOM and escape
18muvrq3hcdhogif.gif

Last edited:
Damn, see that's y 704 is getting more success. U have 6'6, 6'7 kids thats getting "some" looks? If they were going 2 a Charlotte school they would b getting more than some looks, ijs.

This game will expose your weaknesses. Hope both teams are up for it. Scotland will probably start the Davis kid at QB, they need to throw the ball in order to be successful this year. Bailey needs to get creative if he is calling the plays this year. Teams are familiar with Scotland's offense now. White will have a tough hill to climb if Bailey don't get him some help on offense and pass the ball. Good luck to both teams Dudes.

Not just the big city boys that you are struggling with. Greensboro, Wilmington, Fayetville. Hardly big cities.
In comparison to little ol' Laurinburg each one of these would be considered big cities. Us country hicks get to try the much talked about, nationally recognized Mavericks. Just grateful for the oppurtunity to see where are program stands.

In comparison to little ol' Laurinburg each one of these would be considered big cities. Us country hicks get to try the much talked about, nationally recognized Mavericks. Just grateful for the oppurtunity to see where are program stands.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about being allowed to play on the hallowed ground of Pate and see all those 5 star national recruits. It will be good for us all to see what a dynasty looks like having just been around a few years.

This game will expose your weaknesses. Hope both teams are up for it. Scotland will probably start the Davis kid at QB, they need to throw the ball in order to be successful this year. Bailey needs to get creative if he is calling the plays this year. Teams are familiar with Scotland's offense now. White will have a tough hill to climb if Bailey don't get him some help on offense and pass the ball. Good luck to both teams Dudes.
I thought the Davis kid went back to Swett, and B. Wall would be the QB this year!!

Mr hokie next time u in the bern contact ltb .he will arrange a tour of our trophy cases.. PS.I have held in my hands those 3 championship trophy . until the skirties get another one they need shut up. U do not get gold for choking.I hope the duckies beat the skirts off them exposing their tongs. Now as far as the sweeters and swett2lose.no one cares about losers

Reactions: swett2victory
Mr hokie next time u in the bern contact ltb .he will arrange a tour of our trophy cases.. PS.I have held in my hands those 3 championship trophy . until the skirties get another one they need shut up. U do not get gold for choking.I hope the duckies beat the skirts off them exposing their tongs. Now as far as the sweeters and swett2lose.no one cares about losers
Good morning CT.........
Hope .all is well wit'h you

Dynasty u got to be joking.s2v winning makes u dynasty what have they won lately.the only thing they have done is choke

Are you gonna donate some of your girls skirts to go skirts grandsons to wear on mothers day the queen aka my granddaughter
Will too asap need mailing address ltb is down to his girl wants to donate to

Donations send to give.a.boy.a.skirt.com.PS is true that Caitlin gonna be giving the pre game speech to theskirties .also I heard they all get a gift certificate from Vickie's world for their daddies

I can see it now mommas buying skirts for sons Dad for sons.wife's gf fussin over shoes hats undergarments with husband's and bf happy mothers day skirt land county

Mr hokie next time u in the bern contact ltb .he will arrange a tour of our trophy cases.
DEAL...I love trophies! And to return the favor, next time you're in Matthews, I'll arrange a tour of our trophy cases. And I know all of the Mallard Creek posters on this site (great guys), so I'm sure once you're done in Matthews, you can head north and they'll let you check out their trophy cases, too. I also know CC14, so there's an option to head south instead and check out Catholic's trophy cases. Sorry, Indy doesn't have any posters on this site these days, so we'll have to skip them. And we'd probably only have one day, anyway, and Indy has a LOT of trophy cases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT