ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland Mallard Creek. Early anticipation.

Ben-Badd

Sep 26, 2016
This is going to be big for high school football. Just curious about early input.

Well,they ain't comin down here to loose. That's for sure. Scotland must have more than a one man show and I believe they will. Don't forget the Cape Fear game last year. ..anything's possible..I feel like Scotland will play a different style this year.They will pass more this year. Jmo...

Creek, too much power and size. U can't beat them at their own game 28-10
10?
Have you ever been Lawnburg Daddy?
bigfoot-monster-truck-920-56.jpg

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Let's see which Mallard Creek shows up. They should have a lot more edge in their attitude after last season.

If u know creek the only way 2 beat them (last year) was thru the air. Hoping n praying can't stop a 6'6 300lb DT. I've seen them play in person and and seen Scotland play on film. U can't beat them at their own game.

Well, as a likely future D1 dual-threat QB will open his varsity high school career that night, this ain't the Scotland of the past couple years. This kid is a lot like Ratliffe with a better arm and accuracy. He will only be a sophomore, but he can do enough to keep defenses honest. Kid is already 6'2", can run with a cannon. That being said, opening with MC as your first start could be a tough task, but truly he just has to manage the game. This front 7 of Scotland's will be the best since the 2011 squad, returning 5 of 7 starters and adding two sensational sophomores. So, the same can be said for MC, they better be able to air it out. The Scotland oline returns 4 of 5 starters, which will help that early in the season. Last I checked, they will be breaking in a new QB too, so which one performs best on the big stage will be the key.

Oh, then there is that Zeus kid. He tipped the scale at 220 lbs a couple weeks ago on his Ohio State visit. At this rate, we will be approaching 225 lbs when football rolls around. He will still be a contender in the state 100 meter sprint a few weeks. That's quite a load to stop as well.

One things for sure, it will be a great environment for high school football. Kudos to both administrations for setting it up.

Last edited:
likely future D1 dual-threat QB
Ratliffe
Better arm and accuracy
Only a sophomore
keep defenses honest
6'2"
Run with a cannon.

------ BREAK ------

They will be breaking in a new QB too, so which one performs best on the big stage will be the key.

In other words......the Scotties will have 2 Whites

Last edited:
Just met Zamir @ G-Day, Georgia Spring Game. He had the opportunity to meet 6 of MC's 9 DL @ the game. Lot of mutual respect.

Bb can not win the big

Game .hope they do. Not choke. I lied again.god help me I have sinned 2 lies I 6 . mins

Scotland will never see a better year to play Mallard Creek than what they have this season. Scotland returns nearly everyone from a top 10 team and Mallard Creek will be figuring out 18 new starters. This matchup is tailor made for Scotland's experience, they just need to play well and take care of business. Oh, and since I'm assuming next year will be a rematch in Charlotte (don't know that one for sure), then Mallard Creek big next season, when the roles are reversed.

Kudos to both programs for scheduling this game, especially to Scotland for stepping up where few others dare. Win or lose, a game like this completely validates anything else they'll accomplish this year in my eyes, since they will have sowed their oats against the best competition the state has to offer to get there. If Scotland goes small 4A again this season, I'll be rooting for them to win it all. Schedule with balls, earn a big fan here. Well done, Gents.

Well said hokiemtc, more than i can say about some team they called da bears, past 3 times STATE CHAMPION IN A 7 YEAR PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On paper Scotland should roll. Probably the #1 ranked team in the state and alot of talent coming back. I get that the young QB has talent but lets not kid ourselves Bailey isnt gonna let a 15 yr old throw it around in his first start when he has the best RB in the country and another pretty solid guy in Mcqueen as well. Scotland is gonna do what they do.

Hard to give much of a breakdown on MC but frankly none of us really have much of a clue right now. Lots of new faces in new spots. They will be very big and physical as always. 704 Cougars is correct, there has never been a team that has beaten MC that was predominantly run based. Davis Cheek, Derion Kendrick, Jackson Gibbs, Kingsley Ifedi, Anthony Ratliff Williams, Riley Fergesun, James Summers.... Its usually a D1 QB with a big arm and wheels that does the trick.

That said its hard to imagine walking into Pate on a 95 degree night with 18 new starters and slaying the dragon. Big time opening games are a double edged sword. You certainly get your teams attention when they hear they are taking on Zeus. You also risk hurting the confidence of a young squad. I guess we will see.

But I thought west forsyth was going to be the #1 team and favorite this coming year... :O

Last edited:
Mallard creek will win if Scotland doesn't pass a lot. if Scotland can find and keep the one-two punch going attacking by air then hitting them with a few runs I'd take Scotland.

Not going to hijack the thread but in the triad the top teams are West, Dudley, and page?

That's more preseason fact than it is a question. All Top 15 in the state along with Charlotte/Raleigh schools

Reactions: swett2victory
Mallard creek will win if Scotland doesn't pass a lot. if Scotland can find and keep the one-two punch going attacking by air then hitting them with a few runs I'd take Scotland.

Not going to hijack the thread but in the triad the top teams are West, Dudley, and page?

That's more preseason fact than it is a question. All Top 15 in the state along with Charlotte/Raleigh schools
Sir,
What is the "one-two punch"?
Is this the same or equivalent as the "Bob and Weave" in boxing Mr. ForsythFootball?

The below exhibit reminds me of the Scotlands one-two punch in football. Pay close attention on exhibit #101 as the dark skinded gentleman first cocks his head back like a Komodo Dragon then in full force he springs forward and throws a big punch on (1), then escapes and runs on (2)

EXHIBIT #101
mayweather-dodge.gif

Last edited:
#1 ranked team in the state doesnt stand a chance??
Preseason ranking are just that. They mean nothing. Us country boys down here in Podunk can't play with the big city boys. This game is eerily similar to our first ever meeting with New Bern. Just like the Mavericks fans Bear Nation told has how they would best our brains out if they ever got the oppurtunity. In 2011 they got that oppurtunity and they showed us just what they had. I expect nothing less from Mallard Creek.

These are Farmers kids up against The X-Box city boys.
These Farming kids as ya'll know are the type which spend their whole childhood years out in the fiend farming with family under harsh extreme conditions, exposing themselves to dangerous weather conditions, equipment, heat-related conditions from intense sun exposure and and pesticides. These same kids slash athletes operate large machinery, like tractors and that is where the beginning of toughness both in the body and them big hands begin. When they bring this toughness from their farming fields on to the football field is when their toughness is recognized. It is no wonder that most city athletes cannot handle them.

The experience does not begin when you watch a film. It begins when you experience the toughness of these farming kids. They are tough, mean, and dedicated to play like men.

BET!

Scotland Football has become big and strong in the past few years. They will be hard to beat. They will regroup after the Cape Fear fluke game. If the real Fighting Scots show up, I think they can and will win this game...people say they're good? Well they're better than we think. That coming from a true Richmond Raider fan.

Yes Nepsy.. you are right...I take that back. On that night, SCOTLAND was highly favored...but Cape Fear came into Pate and outplayed, outcoached and defeated Scotland...I retract that "fluke" statement.

No MC fan base ever said anything about beating brains out. Stop making stuff up. Also please stop with the country boy & farm boy us against the world crap. Go tell those farm stories to Cape Fear. They evidently did not get the Memo!
Oh COM'N man as much as they win, that tail, that head, and the mouth of everyone up-yond is all blown up specially knowing that they are coming to Scotland High School.

One thang about the fan base....I hope I dont see no sort of or type of, or mess like them Gay Jail Branded people on the visitor side. That's where that saggy pants mess was originated.

That mess should be outlawed. spreading fumes into the oxygenated atmosphere and advertising the wrong upbringing. I was once at the Fayetteville Coliseum and this dude had some of the freshest clothes on but his freaking belt was down to his freaking knees........................I mean what makes this suspect worse is that he must-ah been bout 37 years old.......Really?

Scotland officials should sit down to discuss this issue at hand.

baggy-x-3.jpeg
sign.jpg

------------------------------ BREAK ------------------------------

The Farm story is Rated "Fiction". I believe when Scotland played Cape fear.........oh yeah now I remember, that was when they played up against that one legged quarterback and a secondary team at the same time.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT