ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like your team will anytime soon.

For whatever reason Mr. Bell is here, I'm glad he is.
IMO, Scotland is better with him, stats yards per
carry speak for itself.
without a doubt kid is a baller and when you need to to get that first down to milk out the clock you now have 2 guys that are a load. No grabbing the jersey to stop them. I'm sure he is happy about coming and at the end of the day I'm all about the players/students. coaches are not what the game is about its about the kids. I like seeing them succeed because so many get on the wrong track.

Last edited:
If we recruit, we suck at it. .
we we we we we we. you coach? i ask you before. you say no. too many we's. fan use we's but these we's sound like coach. you know inside too good. my neck itching. i think you coach somewhere. maybe you middle coach maybe not maybe high. nasty. you tell me no no and no. i differ. wen i play i hit big boy with my helmet. i can afford this cause i have a big neck. coach give me credit. wen i play i too sac qb and coach give me credit. wen we win all coach give players credit to all. my neck was not just big but my head too. so yeah so homie i wana ask cause you stay in we avenue. who take all credit when scotland win big. coaches or given to players? i ask cause my partner say coaches take credit not players. partner say if we not use they use i. true?

Last edited:
Look, I'm not sour about anything. I got a life out here and I'm try in to get along...not sour. I just state my thoughts and opinions like everyone else. I support my team through it all. This ain't our year...not a terrible year but not championship calibre as I've maintained since day one. We will have better days. Just see.s like when I post, I get plenty of feedback and I appreciate that... Good luck Scots... GO RAIDERS...

Upon #34 exiting the building which is clearly ending sooner than later, an unspecified amount or number of objectors are questioning Scotland's future. Who will replace #34? How will Scotlands next Hot Athlete compare unquestionably to the 2017 program?. Many questions are lingering excessively early, but the fact of the matter is that Scotland was born in 2011. Must I say that it is very malicious to question Scotland future based on the rise and reputation of such current program. As I observe this social network more than a handful of objectors are concerned on who exactly in Scotland High School posses access to athletes outside school district and what drives these athletes back inside the one time defending champs field house.

Today, Scotland is known to most as the common good, but to others bitterness separates the understanding why Scotland is who they are. Of course, winning attracts skill athletes, but team reputation can at times lead the inside circle to draft a manual plan to mobilize new athletes from outside boundaries and into a Scotland uniform according to outside spectators. I suppose human beings have the right to think or suspect. As for now Scotland is who they are until light shines in the dark. Since the period of time that Scotland were crown champions, it has been said quote if they do not win it this year, they never will quote. Another season is soon to close and to a lot of objectors to include home fans, the question still stands. Why has Scotland choked for a period of six prolonged years?
Since everything you wrote before the last ? meant nothing i'll answer the last one these are still high school kids not pro's and more mistake will be made and run into better teams, if you have laid it all on the line in the games and still lost it not choking. Maybe the detractor don't no as much about football as they think including you. So when you reply please limit to 25 words or less you seem to lose focus fast.

Bailey has been successful at Scotland. You never know when coach like him willl decide to move on. Especially if a program with a good feeder system and a pay raise comes calling..

Certainly that time may come but its a pretty nice salary in Laurinburg which will allow them to attract another pretty good coach and more importantly very good asstitants. Beyond that Scotland doesnt seem to have the issues with the lunatic fans like their neighbors.

Reactions: Scotsland
WHat would be your standard?? Avg 13 wins a season over the last 6 years. I state title. 2 title apperances Past the 3rd round or better every year but one. Outside of Mallard Creek, Dudley, Catholic who has been more sucessful in 4a over the past 5-6 years?
To me to be considered great program you need more championships, sending more to play major college ball, and need to have done it more than 6 years. They average 13 wins but there non-conference schedule has been week in years past. Up til 6 years ago they couldn't beat there biggest rival for almost 20 years. I think they have been very good over the last 6 years but not great. No beef lol

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Scotland is and has been a good program for many years. During all of those title runs for Richmond, Scotland was always a team to be reckoned with and one not to overlook. They inevitably have 8-10 win seasons year in and year out and have done so for decades. Yes they are a good program.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
So what does it say that a team could win as much as Scotland without very many big name recruits. They have had two players go to power 5 conferences in the last 6 years and are 87-8. That speaks to it being a program.

Reactions: Steelers71
So what does it say that a team could win as much as Scotland without very many big name recruits. They have had two players go to power 5 conferences in the last 6 years and are 87-8. That speaks to it being a program.

It says that numerous D1 recruits as a measuring tool can be very misleading. Colleges recruit on potential not neccessarily production. Lot of dynamite players that run 4.5 instead of 4.4 or who are an inch or two short. There is also the question of academics which have eliminated many recruits.

I can think of a half dozen kids off the top of my head that were as good as any kid in NC at their positions that werent high recruits.

TJ Smith and Javon Ratliffe from Scotland are 2 examples of those type of kids.

87-8 is a great record. Those 8 Ls 6 are playoffs when you have to win some against what was perceived to be weaker teams on your home field. 87 wins is great but there are a whole lot of wins against Hoke swett Lumberton and some weak non-conference games. But the Scots have been a very good program the last 6 years especially but I wouldn't say great.

87-8 is a great record. Those 8 Ls 6 are playoffs when you have to win some against what was perceived to be weaker teams on your home field. 87 wins is great but there are a whole lot of wins against Hoke swett Lumberton and some weak non-conference games. But the Scots have been a very good program the last 6 years especially but I wouldn't say great.
Is this not the Teams that the Great raiders play If we stop dissecting the Scots maybe The Raiders will get back to top i respect ya'll program the same would be great.

Only 2 of those L's were playoff loses at home....

Point being to say they should have more big time recruits and admit they have been successful points to IT being the program. If you can win that much (Mallard creek is the only team with more with 88 over that period) without numerous big recruits, maybe that deserves recognition as a great program. It doesn't matter good or great to me. What the staff has done as been impressive. Lets not forget they lost a power 5 conference QB in his senior year during all of this.

Last edited:
It's Scotland's turn and yes they are quite the powerhouse in our conference and across the state right now. Since we're bragging, I recall a stretch of 4 or 5 years when Richmond went somethin like 67 - 1 and that loss was homecoming to P. Swett. We can't brag that anymore though... water under the bridge... still a good program though... just not back yet. No one can deny "our neighbors" right now. 2 weeks will be a spectacle at Pate Stadium regardless... throw it all out the window... it's Scotland and Richmond... they will put on a show. Good luck and safety to both...GO RAIDERS...

Oh yea... that game was not supposed to turn out that way...lol, but it can happen...

I think its a individual personal opinion; when I think of High School Football Scotland stands out to me as a Great Program; yes we Richmond Raiders beat Scotland 17 years straight but it was not easy...........Give credit where credit is due......By playoff time Scotland will have a 3 headed monster in the backfield. "That's what we call a Freak of Nature"...........

Nice words dcov33. Playing in the mid 90's I became fast friends with guys from Richmond's football and baseball teams. In our times hanging out together they would tell me that no matter who was on their schedule the only team that always concerned them was Scotland. They always found it hard to believe that we couldn't find any consistency with the talent that we had each year. They would always say "how in the hell have y'all not beat us"?
Scotland has always been a great team, just not elite.

Reactions: 1Twister
Nice words dcov33. Playing in the mid 90's I became fast friends with guys from Richmond's football and baseball teams. In our times hanging out together they would tell me that no matter who was on their schedule the only team that always concerned them was Scotland. They always found it hard to believe that we couldn't find any consistency with the talent that we had each year. They would always say "how in the hell have y'all not beat us"?
Imp a lot of it was psychological.The sight of that green and gold was always in players mind. They won many games they had no business winning but between fumbles for returns, suspect calls by refs and just crazy wacky stuff they came out on top. I think those days are long gone. SC feels like they should beat RC now. back then we hoped to beat RC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Twister

I think its important to recognize that if you are going to use sucess against Richmond in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s as the measuring stick for a great program then you can cross off 99% of the schools in this state. Scotland wasnt the only team losing to them. Nobody was beating them.

Most schools were simply intimidated by their record, their colors, their tradition, their so called " magic" and now it's Scotland County. Until a team falls off of that bus not intimidated by the Scots, their crowd, their colors, their #34, their Scoreboard...they won't lose...it probably won't be this year either. Well deserved. M.C. was not intimidated. They'd seen it all before.

Coach Dubis use to tell us when it came to Richmond, play the team not the name. There were some games during the Raiders 17 year run that we would play the team for 3/4 of the game and when it was time to put them away, we would let the name creep in and we would lose. Coach Williams changed that scenario in 2011.

Most schools were simply intimidated by their record, their colors, their tradition, their so called " magic" and now it's Scotland County. Until a team falls off of that bus not intimidated by the Scots, their crowd, their colors, their #34, their Scoreboard...they won't lose...it probably won't be this year either. Well deserved. M.C. was not intimidated. They'd seen it all before.
So you are winning because of a scoreboard wow let me help you out on how you are winning, your coaches or a coach went fishing and caught a couple good fish, intimidated we will post again Ben-Badd. Go Richmond Raiders 7 Times State Champions.

So you are winning because of a scoreboard wow let me help you out on how you are winning, your coaches or a coach went fishing and caught a couple good fish, intimidated we will post again Ben-Badd. Go Richmond Raiders 7 Times State Champions.

whine whine whine let someone else have a seat at the table. Jeez you have won enough

When James Cook picks Georgia at 8 tonight it’s insane what Georgia has had at RB over the past years. White and Cook backfield for my Vols to deal with the next 4 years.

Hurts don't it Zamir came up thru the middle school ranks if you so focused on Bell coming in from Westover they could direct snap it to 34 when we play Richmond end of the game would be the same.

he fish at peedee river or where homie. you playing right

Junkie, what fish did our coach or coaches catch outside of Scotland county? Did I need to educate you on some of those catches made by coaches from Rockingham over the years?

Last edited:
When James Cook picks Georgia at 8 tonight it’s insane what Georgia has had at RB over the past years. White and Cook backfield for my Vols to deal with the next 4 years.
I remember when the Vols had Cobb & Webb in the backfield. Great RBs .......Cobb Webb :)

Hurts don't it Zamir came up thru the middle school ranks if you so focused on Bell coming in from Westover they could direct snap it to 34 when we play Richmond end of the game would be the same.
And you remember Scotland not playing the same Raiders of the past, Mr White is a very good and strong RB y'all are blessed to have him and l wish the young man lots of luck at Georgia, and with that being said l believe he will get and big eye opener when he steps on that field, but like l said good luck Mr white the Scotland fan have been behind you for a long time.

And you remember Scotland not playing the same Raiders of the past, Mr White is a very good and strong RB y'all are blessed to have him and l wish the young man lots of luck at Georgia, and with that being said l believe he will get and big eye opener when he steps on that field, but like l said good luck Mr white the Scotland fan have been behind you for a long time.
Well that's been apparent lately, if you don't see how special Zamir is the Magic must have flew in ya eye, he opens eyes and get ya out you seat every time he touches the ball good luck this Friday and Next.

Junkie, what fish did our coach or coaches catch outside of Scotland county? Did I need to educate you on some of those coaches made by coaches from Rockingham over the years?
I don't believe you are smart enough to educate anybody, but let's see how many more fish will show up next season from another pond. I believe your pond will start drying up after this season. Richmond Raiders 7 Times State Champions, you just got educated Mr go scots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT