ADVERTISEMENT

Scotland fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middle Sound Heel

Dec 24, 2003
Not trying to turn this into a "recruiting" thread or bashing any school or player. I'm just curious on what were the circumstances for Warren Bell to leave Westover for Scotland county? I'm mainly curious because I am a long suffering fan and alum of Westover. I graduated well over 30 years ago but keep up with the Wolverines as best I can. I attended last years state playoff game between Westover and Jacksonville and I was very impressed with Bell running the ball, he was a real load out there it appeared. This was the first Westover game I had been to in close to 30 years. Jacksonville won on a last second pass but Bell really impressed me. I'm just finding out now that he has moved to Scotland. I wish the kid well and now knowing he is at Scotland puts me behind Scotland in a small way for the rest of the season.

i visit west over too. then he gone. how connection started. a lot of schools. why scotland and not south robeson? weird man

Last edited:
Not trying to turn this into a "recruiting" thread or bashing any school or player. I'm just curious on what were the circumstances for Warren Bell to leave Westover for Scotland county? I'm mainly curious because I am a long suffering fan and alum of Westover. I graduated well over 30 years ago but keep up with the Wolverines as best I can. I attended last years state playoff game between Westover and Jacksonville and I was very impressed with Bell running the ball, he was a real load out there it appeared. This was the first Westover game I had been to in close to 30 years. Jacksonville won on a last second pass but Bell really impressed me. I'm just finding out now that he has moved to Scotland. I wish the kid well and now knowing he is at Scotland puts me behind Scotland in a small way for the rest of the season.
I guess he wanted to play for a contender. Right or wrong... who knows?

I'm not bitter about him leaving at all and I just found out about it. I understand but was mainly curious about why Scotland in particular instead of one of the more successful football schools in Fayetteville. I haven't seen them play but wow that has to be a very big and powerful backfield with Zamir at back and Bell at QB. Bell looked very physical to me running from the QB spot the one time I saw him play last season.

And I didn't mean that the Fayetteville schools are more successful than Scotland. Just meant I could have seen him transfer to one of the better schools in Fayetteville instead of all the way to Scotland but I wish the young man well.

Mr. Robinson you have big neck,
Heel this is a thread that been on here
several times, Bell is here now, not there .
yes big. hunnits like it. chinese hunnits massage long time. heel ask why Bell there not the ville. he ask you not me. no beef intended

How about its noones business? How about its him and his families decision and they dont need to explain their thought process to anyone as long as they follow the rules.

Parents move for various reasons every day. This kid plays QB so everyone gets interested fast. Nobody is the least bit interested in why the 3rd string guard moves or the trombone player for that matter.

I hear you Blue and Gold. Not trying to ruffle any feathers and I truly wish him well. As a matter of fact I am happy that a Westover kid can take the snaps at Scotland with Zamir in the back field. I hope they can bring home the gold in small 4A this year.

i visit west over too. then he gone. how connection started. a lot of schools. why scotland and not south robeson? weird man
Who would want to go to South Robeson from Westover Dude do you think before you post or just love to accuse Scotland, I know no beef intended

Who would want to go to South Robeson from Westover Dude do you think before you post or just love to accuse Scotland, I know no beef intended
no you not understand ok. you not review your post. no thinking. true I say no beef. means no rotten apples. my name not stupid. is bobo. middle heel say funny he not go elsewhere. I not say it middle did. bell start at sr and become star. middle find it funny. i see red flag. and concern growing like algea. sorry you throw me left ball from right field. I know he at scotland and not changing. middle heel say why. dropping voice

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that the Robinson county education system has failed once again first it was s2v now it's you. Oh I almost forgot no beef intended

Reactions: sikner51
Sounds like Bailey went fishing and hung a QB.
You are right Mr. Fun , l just don't see a family moving just to play football, but maybe l wrong, but moving from Cumberland co. To Scotland co. makes no scene to me no Jobs Scotland, but we are going to load up the family and here we come Scotland. I do wish the kids at westover and Scotland the best , and l know lam going to get bashed about this post it's fine , but it's the truth no matter what team you are "FACT" and Mr. Fun is right a coach went fishing.

I heard he wanted to transfer to Middle Creek BUT they didn't want him. They have the Moose. Scotland offered a nice package, health insurance, paid vacation, 401K and woooolah......he's a fighting skirt.

You are right Mr. Fun , l just don't see a family moving just to play football, but maybe l wrong, but moving from Cumberland co. To Scotland co. makes no scene to me no Jobs Scotland, but we are going to load up the family and here we come Scotland. I do wish the kids at westover and Scotland the best , and l know lam going to get bashed about this post it's fine , but it's the truth no matter what team you are "FACT" and Mr. Fun is right a coach went fishing.
Here is what should make sense family will do whatever they think is best for their kids and make sacrifices that are sometimes not in their best interest at the time in order to provide and help their kids achieve their goals.

I expect this from Mr. Robinson, he doen't have a beef but you do. Bell came to Scotland not even knowing if he would be the starting QB he and Davis had a battle to see who would start, Again him and his parents choice, this is allowed under the rules might need to check them

And again I say. So what if he moved just to play football. WHy is that any different than moving from one school district to another because of a better educational opportunity?? Families will pay 15-20% more for housing in the right public school district. Why would the ability to excel in athletics be any different?

Silently reading through this migrating matter and consuming my morning Tassimo coffee, I sense a lot of emotional personages. While collecting my thoughts, a disturbance interfered in the middle of some passages. It is known to most through this social network this kid and or family migrated roughly 50 miles for the purpose of one sport. It has also been known this kid attended Westover High School. While the idea stands as a brilliant shift, might I say it also interrupts all human kind as the thought travels through predominantly agitated objectors. With this being said, I have traveled through many of the SACs area of operation. What is very disturbing is measuring out distance from point A(Westover High School) to point B(X-School). Seventy-First High School stand at approximately 10 minutes away, Cape Fear High School stand at approximately 27 minutes away, Jack Britt High School stand at approximately 20 minutes away, and South View High School stand at approximately 22 minutes away. As a reader, one shall see Westover does not fall in conjunction to this exchange of words. What most are concerned about is "the other schools". Three months into the season, the nature of this beast is still unclear, but I am honored to say that Cumberland Schools offer exceptional educational and football opportunities. While this is the obvious, it is also obvious this would considerably lower the burden on the family, their finances, and job hunting. The move is unclear and most are calling it presidential recruiting. The facts stands as the the kid publicly continues to reach his goals game after game. So, we now know, while Scotland continues to dominate, a mystery still lingers as to why one would load a kid with unguaranteed promises as his height does not attract scouts, and when opportunity surrounds him in Fayetteville in the first place. In some cases, it is a numbers game. In this forum, voices are voicing someone, somewhere traveling among other fields to muster in the next hot athlete on to another substantial next season.

Last edited:
Silently reading through this migrating matter and consuming my morning Tassimo coffee, I sense a lot of emotional personages. While collecting my thoughts, a disturbance interfered in the middle of some passages. It is known to most through this social network this kid and or family migrated roughly 50 miles for the purpose of one sport. It has also been known this kid attended Westover High School. While the idea stands as a brilliant shift, might I say it also interrupts all human kind as the thought travels through predominantly objectors. With this being said, I have traveled through many of the SACs area of operation. What is very disturbing is measuring out distance from point A(Westover High School) to point B(X-School). Seventy-First High School stand at approximately 10 minutes away, Cape Fear High School stand at approximately 27 minutes away, Jack Britt High School stand at approximately 20 minutes away, and South View High School stand at approximately 22 minutes away. away. The nature of this beast is unclear, but I am honored to say that Cumberland Schools offer exceptional educational and football opportunities. While this is the obvious, it lowers the burden on the family, their finances, and job hunting. While Scotland continues to dominate, a mystery still lingers as to why one would load a kid with unguaranteed promises, when opportunity surrounds him in the first place. In some cases, it is a numbers game.

More exposure! Serious State Championship contender. Better competition. The opportunity to compete at at higher level. Competition builds character. The Family set down and made a decision to make the move. Looks like the move was a success. He could be playing for 2-7 Westover with 2 games left playing High School Football.

Last edited:
If the school you support had a qb from the Raleigh area transfer to your school and live with a coach during football season only to transfer back to his original school for baseball season you really don't need to comment on this thread!

If the school you support had a qb from the Raleigh area transfer to your school and live with a coach during football season only to transfer back to his original school for baseball season you really don't need to comment on this thread!

Ah..But he didn't start and barely ever saw the field. Don't think that is apples to apples.

I expect this from Mr. Robinson, he doen't have a beef but you do. Bell came to Scotland not even knowing if he would be the starting QB he and Davis had a battle to see who would start, Again him and his parents choice, this is allowed under the rules might need to check them
you blasting me? i not dont nothing. middle say all. i just drop 2 cents and a dime

I see no problem with it. The world we live in today. It will certainly all come out in the wash. Let the kid go to whatever school, especially if he thinks the move will make him a better athlete, or education or whatever. Will it make him a better person? Don't know. Just curious though, did Scotland really need him? They are already a powerhouse and should win anyway...maybe they still weren't sure. Maybe this was a move of desperation. Make sure they win it this year. Lol...anyway just my 2 cents. They've been picked to win state 3 years in a row by some and missed. like I said last year, if they don't win this year, they prolly never will. Anyway, good luck.

I see no problem with it. The world we live in today. It will certainly all come out in the wash. Let the kid go to whatever school, especially if he thinks the move will make him a better athlete, or education or whatever. Will it make him a better person? Don't know. Just curious though, did Scotland really need him? They are already a powerhouse and should win anyway...maybe they still weren't sure. Maybe this was a move of desperation. Make sure they win it this year. Lol...anyway just my 2 cents. They've been picked to win state 3 years in a row by some and missed. like I said last year, if they don't win this year, they prolly never will. Anyway, good luck.
Scotland record would still be the same with or without him so I agree. Everyone says scots were picked well games are played on the field. Lastly, Scots are not going anywhere so the idea that once 34 leaves we will fall way back is just ludicrous in the words of Iron Mike. Thats fools gold. Too much emphasis and resources being poured into the sport not to mention some good ball players as well.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Ben sounds like you still sour about something i bet we don't lose to Jack Britt this year.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Scotland record would still be the same with or without him so I agree. Everyone says scots were picked well games are played on the field. Lastly, Scots are not going anywhere so the idea that once 34 leaves we will fall way back is just ludicrous in the words of Iron Mike. Thats fools gold. Too much emphasis and resources being poured into the sport not to mention some good ball players as well.

Scotland is a program. They were anywhere from good to great before White appeared. They will be the same after. Title appearance every year?? Probably not but the coaching staff will adapt with what they have and in that conf especially they are almost 100% assured to win 9 games sleepwalking.

They have athletes, stability at the coaching levels and now the player movement that we have seen in the metro areas has now extended itself more to the rural areas. They arent going anywhere.

Scotland is a program. They were anywhere from good to great before White appeared. They will be the same after. Title appearance every year?? Probably not but the coaching staff will adapt with what they have and in that conf especially they are almost 100% assured to win 9 games sleepwalking.

They have athletes, stability at the coaching levels and now the player movement that we have seen in the metro areas has now extended itself more to the rural areas. They arent going anywhere.
Bailey has been successful at Scotland. You never know when coach like him willl decide to move on. Especially if a program with a good feeder system and a pay raise comes calling..

Upon #34 exiting the building which is clearly ending sooner than later, an unspecified amount or number of objectors are questioning Scotland's future. Who will replace #34? How will Scotlands next Hot Athlete compare unquestionably to the 2017 program?. Many questions are lingering excessively early, but the fact of the matter is that Scotland was born in 2011. Must I say that it is very malicious to question Scotland future based on the rise and reputation of such current program. As I observe this social network more than a handful of objectors are concerned on who exactly in Scotland High School posses access to athletes outside school district and what drives these athletes back inside the one time defending champs field house.

Today, Scotland is known to most as the common good, but to others bitterness separates the understanding why Scotland is who they are. Of course, winning attracts skill athletes, but team reputation can at times lead the inside circle to draft a manual plan to mobilize new athletes from outside boundaries and into a Scotland uniform according to outside spectators. I suppose human beings have the right to think or suspect. As for now Scotland is who they are until light shines in the dark. Since the period of time that Scotland were crown champions, it has been said quote if they do not win it this year, they never will quote. Another season is soon to close and to a lot of objectors to include home fans, the question still stands. Why has Scotland choked for a period of six prolonged years?

Last edited:
Reactions: FUN N' GUN

Thank you for stating the obvious some folks don't understand the dynamics of winning. In a one school county where there is an emphasis it is hard not be very good as long as their is a system and funding in place.

Ole Lonnie stills think there is a scheme behind the scenes to bring players in. If we recruit, we suck at it. West Forsyth starting qb a few years back was Andy Weeks a Laurinburg product. Crest won a state championship with Ty McLaurin a Laurinburg product. In the mean time we’ve had one transfer to make an impact, Warren Bell...and as stated above you had more than capable kids ready had he not moved in. So, if there were a plan in place to bring in athletes, it sucks.

Lonnie, go to the next westover home game then come to Scotland next Friday night and tell me if you really think recruiting is even necessary. What you will see in comparison will speak for itself, no plan needed to “mobilize new athletes from outside the area”.

Like your team will anytime soon.

For whatever reason Mr. Bell is here, I'm glad he is.
IMO, Scotland is better with him, stats yards per
carry speak for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT