ADVERTISEMENT

Salisbury @ Maiden

Can’t help but chuckle thinking about the Salisbury game in the spring. It was like watching tennis…and Salisbury’s offense was the tennis ball. Back and forth they went!😂

I saw a totally different Salisbury team the following week at Burns. I remember messaging on these boards….Dang! Salisbury….open up the playbook a little more!😂…after they had beat our eyes shut the previous week!😂

It was Night and Day! I know some smart azz will come on here and say it was because of Burns…maybe so!….but gosh… Salisbury seemed so content to just punt it away throughout most of the game! They had a lead… but not much…and Burns almost stole it!

Maiden gotta be ready for a shootout ….or a knock down drag out slobber knocking punt fest! It’s gonna be interesting either way!
I LOVE THIS GAME!

Last edited:
We’ve had some big games there….strictly guessing…I’d say maybe 4 to 5000. I’m not really sure what the stadium seats….but I’m gonna ask.
I’d have to say the largest crowd occurred in conference play. Maybe…Newton, Bandys, or Lincolnton.
You’ve got me curious….so I’ll ask around
Thanks

Reactions: UNC91
Thanks, interesting I went into to check different teams stadium to see how many some of them holds. While doing so I was looking at Salsibury and seen how many State Championships they have. Seen they have 1955, 1957, 2010, 2019 State Runner up, 2021 Spring State Championship. Interesting to see if teams left like Salsibury or Reidsville and Chambers, Tarboro or Murphy can win 2 State Championships in the same year.

Last edited:
Can’t help but chuckle thinking about the Salisbury game in the spring. It was like watching tennis…and Salisbury’s offense was the tennis ball. Back and forth they went!😂

I saw a totally different Salisbury team the following week at Burns. I remember messaging on these boards….Dang! Salisbury….open up the playbook a little more!😂…after they had beat our eyes shut the previous week!😂

It was Night and Day! I know some smart azz will come on here and say it was because of Burns…maybe so!….but gosh… Salisbury seemed so content to just punt it away throughout most of the game! They had a lead… but not much…and Burns almost stole it!

Maiden gotta be ready for a shootout ….or a knock down drag out slobber knocking punt fest! It’s gonna be interesting either way!
I LOVE THIS GAME!

Burns has a good defensive minded coach. They seem to hold alot of teams to low scores....sans penalties.

We’ve had some big games there….strictly guessing…I’d say maybe 4 to 5000. I’m not really sure what the stadium seats….but I’m gonna ask.
I’d have to say the largest crowd occurred in conference play. Maybe…Newton, Bandys, or Lincolnton.
You’ve got me curious….so I’ll ask around
I've seen a number of big crowds there. This past Friday's game had a pretty large crowd. Games against Newton have brought some pretty big crowds.

One of the largest I've seen that I can remember was the first time Bandys came over to the new stadium. If I remember correctly, both teams were at the top of the conference. Bandys wore white jerseys and white pants for the very first time. That was the night that the Trojans were the first team to beat Maiden at the new stadium. There was so many people.

Those were also good times just seeing the number of people standing in line early to get their tickets and to make sure they got their seat.

Hoping that this Friday's game kind of rivals that and this past Friday's crowd. Pack 'em in and get LOUD!

Looking at the stadium will maiden fill their side up. I have never been there so I don’t know what time to get there.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Looking at the stadium will maiden fill their side up. I have never been there so I don’t know what time to get there.
Maiden will fill it up for sure. I buy 3 reserved seats every year...been in my family since the 70s and were passed down to me about 5 years ago...I only ever use 1 of them. It's the playoffs so everyone has to pay, but we keep our seats, so if turns out one of you fellas don't have a seat, you can sit in one of mine....you'll just have to listen to me jaw all night.

84k is that the AL Brown helmet? In 1991, Lincolnton-AL Brown was a fun game. Lincolnton made too many mistakes to win. QB ran the pitch the wrong way as the rest of team led to a scoop and score. Another time the QB fumbled crossing the goalline which led to a touchback. AL Brown fans got their early in the afternoon. They filled up the visitors which their band took up a good chunk and 1/4 of Lincolnton's side so those two mistakes gave them a "home" field advantage on the road.

Thomasville for Sals and Christ School/Watauga for Maiden ID as good as it got

So...I'm trying to figure where this statement comes from?

"I truly believe the winner of this game, sans-injuries, will be the State Champs."

Not one battle test for either of these teams....like for real....NONE! Those points spreads don't really mean much when you're playing terrible competition. If they were against the likes of Crest, Kings Mountain, AC Reynolds, Rock Hill South Pointe, Burns.....my mouth would drop. But it's more like against Cherryville, Thomas Jefferson, Highland Tech. I don't get it.

Man....I'm glad we are battle tested every single year.

• Wow
worry about getting a formidable run game, because chances are you will lose to one of the 5 heavy weights in your class.

Do you need a run game when you're passing for 500 yards a game?

I guess you don't consider us a heavyweight but I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Sorry East beat your Forest Hills.....would have love for us to do it.

• Haha

"I truly believe the winner of this game, sans-injuries, will be the State Champs."

Not one battle test for either of these teams....like for real....NONE! Those points spreads don't really mean much when you're playing terrible competition. If they were against the likes of Crest, Kings Mountain, AC Reynolds, Rock Hill South Pointe, Burns.....my mouth would drop. But it's more like against Cherryville, Thomas Jefferson, Highland Tech. I don't get it.

...but your run game has failed the battle test every single week, when will the improvements show?

• Haha

I pulled that statement out of my ass and smeared it across this thread just so fly-brained posters could come eat it up. Looks like I got my first bite.

• Haha
Some basic regular season opponent info for these teams: S played 9 games. M played 10.

Maiden Opponents
RecordClass
0-93A
8-34A
4-5IND
9-32A
3-62A
0-92A
3-62A
10-22A
4-72A
3-72A
44-57 = 44%
Salisbury Opponents
RecordClass
7-42A
1-83A
1-93A
9-21A
2-72A
1-91A
6-52A
0-82A
8-31A
35-55 = 39%

I will say that as an eye test goes...Christ School is the most impressive looking team I've seen in a long time. I know their record doesn't reflect it, but their whole team = athletes. Even their lineman had very little fat...6-4 and 6-3 guys built lean and quick. CS's problem was play-calling on both sides of the ball. Their size and athleticism made them a test, their coaching was a non-factor.

West Lincoln played us close the first time. We were coming down off of that high from the CS game and played most of that game flat. We were missing 3 starters and had another one hurt halfway through the game with them. We had some turnover issues. Last week we put all those rumors to bed and proved it was a fluke.

Our only other big game was when we played undefeated Bunker Hill...cold blooded murder...I knew after that game exactly how special this team was. This was also only the 4th time this year we had our full team (starters) available to play. This Maiden team this year would beat last years Maiden team 10 times out of 10, no question.

No we haven't really played any battle tested team this year...however, we've learned to battle through our own mistakes and turnovers and playing flat/emotionless and still be able to win by several touchdowns. It ain't much, but it's something. Every team eventually has those games where they are playing well below their level. The great great teams don't.

Salisbury is a Tier 5 team. So is Shelby, Reidsville.

Monroe, Hendersonville, Maiden, Burns, and East Surry are Tier 4.

In all seriousness, you are a very analytical and knowledgeable poster so that bold statement threw me for a loop.
You met my offline personality! In person I'm more of a joker and I would give you the shirt off my back. On here I'm much more reserved.

One day I may run for President of Maiden and I don't want any skeletons in my closet.

• Haha
I will say that as an eye test goes...Christ School is the most impressive looking team I've seen in a long time. I know their record doesn't reflect it, but their whole team = athletes. Even their lineman had very little fat...6-4 and 6-3 guys built lean and quick. CS's problem was play-calling on both sides of the ball. Their size and athleticism made them a test, their coaching was a non-factor.

West Lincoln played us close the first time. We were coming down off of that high from the CS game and played most of that game flat. We were missing 3 starters and had another one hurt halfway through the game with them. We had some turnover issues. Last week we put all those rumors to bed and proved it was a fluke.

Our only other big game was when we played undefeated Bunker Hill...cold blooded murder...I knew after that game exactly how special this team was. This was also only the 4th time this year we had our full team (starters) available to play. This Maiden team this year would beat last years Maiden team 10 times out of 10, no question.

No we haven't really played any battle tested team this year...however, we've learned to battle through our own mistakes and turnovers and playing flat/emotionless and still be able to win by several touchdowns. It ain't much, but it's something. Every team eventually has those games where they are playing well below their level. The great great teams don't.

Salisbury is a Tier 5 team. So is Shelby, Reidsville.

Monroe, Hendersonville, Maiden, Burns, and East Surry are Tier 4.
I'd put Monroe at Tier 5, just based of their consistent body of work against 3A and 4A schools currently and recent past. Against KM this past Spring, KM had no answer for them, even with a late push.

You met my offline personality! In person I'm more of a joker and I would give you the shirt off my back. On here I'm much more reserved.

One day I may run for President of Maiden and I don't want any skeletons in my closet.

Haha! Bring out the joker!

This board seems to be a wounded, dying cat these days. It used to be booming when people could freely trash talk and "it wasn't frown upon....like masturbating on an airplane...but then everyone got so sensitive". I mean the site is called rivals.....usually rivals bash each other into oblivion.

I for one vote bring out the joker!

Last edited:
Hey Maiden fans, how many fans will the stadium hold. I look for this to be a packed game. What’s the biggest crowd y’all seen since the stadium has been built.
I wonder about that, too. It’s a really nice stadium. I read once that most stadium contractors use eighteen inches per person for seating. It could be figured pretty easy. I did ours some years ago but I don’t recall what it was. GDevil or MC could do it.

84k is that the AL Brown helmet? In 1991, Lincolnton-AL Brown was a fun game. Lincolnton made too many mistakes to win. QB ran the pitch the wrong way as the rest of team led to a scoop and score. Another time the QB fumbled crossing the goalline which led to a touchback. AL Brown fans got their early in the afternoon. They filled up the visitors which their band took up a good chunk and 1/4 of Lincolnton's side so those two mistakes gave them a "home" field advantage on the road.

Yes that is the helmet. And I miss them good old days.

• Love
Haha! Bring out the joker!

This board seems to be a wounded, dying cat these days. It used to be booming when people could freely trash talk and "it wasn't found upon....like masturbating on an airplane...but then everyone got so sensitive". I mean the site is called rivals.....usually rivals bash each other into oblivion.

I for one vote bring out the joker!
I imagine a lot of people still browse...just very few participate

Can someone please tell us one formidable opponent either of these teams have played this year?
Maiden 27 Christ School 21
Christ School 25 Providence Day 21
Providence Day 25 Rabun Gap 14

Rabun Gap currently ranked 5th overall in NC according to Max Preps.

Maiden 47 Watauga 0
Watauga 28 Burns 20
Shelby 16 Burns 14
Hendersonville 38 Burns 13

All this doesn’t mean a thing…qualifies as formidable though….but doesn’t mean a thing!
We’ve shown that we can compete with the big boys!….and one of ‘em is coming to little ole Maiden this Friday night!
I LOVE THIS GAME!

It definitely will be a different game from last spring. I personally think Maiden will be more ready and expect what is to come. They are more of a seasoned team. I will grabb me some food in Maiden before coming to the stadium. Will have to dress warm. It’s going get chilly.

It definitely will be a different game from last spring. I personally think Maiden will be more ready and expect what is to come. They are more of a seasoned team. I will grabb me some food in Maiden before coming to the stadium. Will have to dress warm. It’s going get chilly.
The wind has been known to whip through the stands at times...bring something to cover the ears just in case.

I LOVE THIS GAME!
Honeycutt pass the ball - Honeycutt run the ball - Honeycutt punts the ball - Honeycutt bring out the water - Honeycutt call the next play - Honeycutt drive the bus home....

Some basic regular season opponent info for these teams: S played 9 games. M played 10.

Maiden Opponents
RecordClass
0-93A
8-34A
4-5IND
9-32A
3-62A
0-92A
3-62A
10-22A
4-72A
3-72A
44-57 = 44%
Salisbury Opponents
RecordClass
7-42A
1-83A
1-93A
9-21A
2-72A
1-91A
6-52A
0-82A
8-31A
35-55 = 39%
I can't get over how excited I am about seeing these two defenses play. I am pumped beyond words.

The cleat on the other foot...I believe we would blow through each other's schedule too.

I wish I could compile some more info on Salisbury's starting defense...I imagine most of the points scored against them was on their second string but I haven't found the hard info.

I know the Maiden defense has only allowed 6 touchdowns this year (5 pass and 1 rush).

Friday can't get here soon enough!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT