ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Round 3 & 4 scores- 1A-4A

Word on the street is that it deals with a word that this board doesn’t like to see thrown around (especially over on the basketball and football boards) and can sometimes be very difficult to prove is happening. Let’s just say he can get away with more...liberties...at a charter school than he was able to do at a public school. thekidd12 even acknowledged that Uwharrie has several starters that probably should be at surrounding 2A schools like Wheatmore, PG, ER.

Reactions: thekidd12
Word on the street is that it deals with a word that this board doesn’t like to see thrown around (especially over on the basketball and football boards) and can sometimes be very difficult to prove is happening. Let’s just say he can get away with more...liberties...at a charter school than he was able to do at a public school. thekidd12 even acknowledged that Uwharrie has several starters that probably should be at surrounding 2A schools like Wheatmore, PG, ER.

Ok , I understand. Question for school employees, does charter schools count into state employees retirement fund.

Ok , I understand. Question for school employees, does charter schools count into state employees retirement fund.
I would think so. It’s a publicly funded school, they just don’t have all of the restrictions that public schools have. I would guess that any teacher who leaves a public school for a charter would continue with the NC retirement system.

The bigger question - do you think the NCHSAA will start considering a separate playoff classification for charter schools?

Ok , I understand. Question for school employees, does charter schools count into state empl
I would think so. It’s a publicly funded school, they just don’t have all of the restrictions that public schools have. I would guess that any teacher who leaves a public school for a charter would continue with the NC retirement system.

The bigger question - do you think the NCHSAA will start considering a separate playoff classification for charter schools?

Dog I think it's a little bit more complicated if I remember right. Seems like the charters board has to opt into NC retirement? Seems like I read that somewhere way back when they first got going. Not sure.

As for the second part not likely for a while.

Eagles/Trojans13 looking at playoffs something really jumps out. Why in the upper classifications are there more upsets?

In 1A and 2A except for 2 teams and the result of Ledford/RS Central and Ledford's seed is LOW, all the 1-4 seeds are still playing. Only half of top seeds left in 3A and ONE #2 East Forsyth in 4A?

Just looks weird. And fine job again by your team.
Ledford maybe a #10 but only because the finished 2nd to us in the league. They are the top ranked MaxPreps team in 2A

Ledford maybe a #10 but only because the finished 2nd to us in the league. They are the top ranked MaxPreps team in 2A

I prefer to say they are a very good team. Maxpreps ranking has no bearing on success of teams in playoffs. Well except for keeping the higher ranked ones at home longer.

Weather going to cause some havoc today?
Can't see very many games getting in today. Several areas under flood watches until midnight tonight. Maybe a better chance tomorrow early afternoon, but everything is hit & miss. Sunday looks to be good. Maybe the state will make an exception and let some games be made up then (1A & 3A track championships have been moved to Sunday already).

I believe working at a public charter school does feed into state retirement if the school is accredited......which can be a very deliberate, bureaucratic process for a brand new school

Yes sir they are top ranked team as of latest churning out from machine...

Two spots ahead of y'all who finished ahead of them in conference...

Makes perfect sense.

I saw on Twitter a softball game at Hoggard has already been rescheduled to Monday. Could be a lot of games that are not playable tomorrow either.

Yes sir they are top ranked team as of latest churning out from machine...

Two spots ahead of y'all who finished ahead of them in conference...

Makes perfect sense.
I actually kind of understand it. We had a couple of tough non-conference games(Randleman & Pinecrest) rained out which hurt because Ledford beat Ardrey-Kell and lost to Providence by 1 run.

If they had held out a little longer I think they could've gotten it in today.

Your exactly right. After the last shower around 5, radar was clear. Ended up being a perfect evening. The field was workable, and imo could have been playable. They posted a pic on fb around 8 of the field being worked. I dont think i was the only one who was disappointed last night that they didn't play.

Crazy game in Murphy. Bulldogs win 6-5 in bottom of 8th. Almost exact repeat of last years 6-5 win in bottom of 9th.

Reactions: mbulldogalum23
Whiteville beats South Granville 2-1 in a 9 inning pitching duel. O-O through 8 innings.
WHITEVILLE - It was a 0-0 high school baseball game heading to the ninth inning. Enough said, almost. Neither starting pitcher Brooks Baldwin for Whiteville nor Holden Laws for South Granville picked up a decision, but both guys put in what had to be among the best performances in this year's postseason from around the state. Both pitchers carried a perfect game into the fourth inning. The Wolfpack did not have a base runner until Dylan Hamilton reached on an error to lead off the fourth. Holden Laws only allowed one hit in seven and one third innings. Brooks Baldwin allowed no hits in eight and one third innings. Whiteville had runners in scoring position in both the fourth and sixth innings, but Laws made the clutch pitches he needed to get out of trouble. Laws hit the 105 pitch mark in the eighth, and gave way to Chandler Kipp, who hit a batter, but then picked up back to back strike outs to extend the game another inning. South Granville did not have a base runner until Nick Kilduff reached on a two out walk in the sixth. The Vikings did not have a runner in scoring position until Kilduff picked up his second walk of the game in the ninth, this time facing Jake Harwood, who had come on in relief of Brooks Baldwin, who had also reached 105 pitches and could not face another batter. Kilduff then stole second, and scored on a double to left from Chandler Kipp, which gave the Vikings a 1-0 lead and a chance to close it out in the bottom of the ninth. Lincoln Ransom led off with his second walk of the game, and moved up to second on a passed ball. Will Hinson then dropped a perfect bunt to reach safely and advance Ransom to third. Logan Hooks then hit a ground ball toward third base, which Kilduff smothered near the bag, but every runner was ruled safe, giving Whiteville the bases loaded with no outs. Dylan Lawson then hit a ball down the right field line, that must have landed JUST fair, and was JUST out of reach of a sprinting outfielder, allowing Ransom and Hinson to score and send the Wolfpack into the best of three regional finals against the winner of Randleman and North Lenoir. Whiteville is still alive, aiming for what could be its sixth appearance in the state finals and fifth state championship in the last seven years (State Champions: 2A in 2012, 1A in 2014, 2015, 2017, Runner Up: 1A in 2016).

Losing on a walk-off hit in extra innings was a tough way for a high school career to end for nine South Granville seniors, whom, over the last four seasons amassed a post-season record of 22-7, an overall record of 95-20, picking up at least a share of three conference championships, making at least the fourth round of the playoffs all four seasons, three regional finals appearances, two regional championships, and one state championship.

Box Score
SG 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1 1R-1H-2E
Wh 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-2 2R-4H-0E

South Granville
Batting
Kipp, Chandler 1/4, 2B, RBI
Watkins, Bailey -/-
Jusino, Seth 0/4, 3K
Brown, Tucker 0/4, K
Bailey, Austin 0/3, 2K
Bradshaw, Luke 0/3, K
Calus, Joe -/-
Laws, Holden 0/3, 2K
Edwards, Josh 0/3, 3K
Laws, Hayden 0/3, K
Kilduff, Nick 0/1, R, 2BB, K, SB

Pitching
Laws, Holden (ND) 7 1/3 IP, 0R, 1H, 2BB (1 IBB), 11K, 1 HBP
Kipp, Chandler (LP) (1-2) 2/3+ IP, 2ER, 3H, 1BB, 2K, 1 HBP

Whiteville
Batting
Hamilton, Dylan 0/2, K, 2HBP, 2 SB
Baldwin, Brooks 1/3, BB, 2K
Harwood, Jake 0/3, SAC, K
Ransom, Lincoln 0/2, R, 2BB, K
Hinson, Will 1/4, R
Hooks, Logan 1/4, 2K
Kurtyka, Joey -/-
Lawson, Dylan 1/4, 2B, 2RBI, 2K
Grubbs, Earl 0/3, K
Inman, Jake 0/3, 3K

Pitching
Baldwin, Brooks (ND) 8 1/3 IP, 0R, 0H, 1BB, 13K
Harwood, Jake (WP) 2/3 IP, 1ER, 1H, 2BB, 2K

Reactions: NWWatchdog
tarheelg it sounds like South Granville baseball is as strong as your football. Congrats to your kids on a great season. They will look back in a few years with a lot of pride at what they were able to do. Right now all they see is that last loss.

Well...

That wasn't exactly the reason, according to some in the know...

I suspect original poster of question has an idea to the answer he was/is looking for.

That's a very complicated question and probably not meant for the message boards. However they will obviously be a title contender in near future with the area they can get from and the class that they play in and good leadership that knows how to win with talent.

That's a very complicated question and probably not meant for the message boards. However they will obviously be a title contender in near future with the area they can get from and the class that they play in and good leadership that knows how to win with talent.
Reason I didn't expand any further with my answer...

Reactions: Ah yeah 13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT