ADVERTISEMENT

Rough night for Shelby south of the border

I don't have a dog in the fight but being really familiar in the upstate of sc and also Cleveland County I was very surprised by that.
That wasnt a dig at you my man, apologies if it came across that way...

Our defense has struggled better part of last year and early on in preseason.... I still think we got a shot of being pretty good... We will be back sooner than later...

That wasnt a dig at you my man, apologies if it came across that way...

Our defense has struggled better part of last year and early on in preseason.... I still think we got a shot of being pretty good... We will be back sooner than later...
I’ll never judge a CC team based off of how they faired against a SC team. I’ll also never judge one based off scrimmages and jamborees. The coaches want play makers. You have to see what you have and who wants to be out there. I think all 4 teams have good years.

Is this week 1? Full 4 quarter game with playoff implications?

2 turnover on downs inside the Chapman 30 and a blocked punt on our own 10.... there's your 21 points in a scrimmage.
Shelby - Too many penalties, fumbles, bad snaps, a blocked punt, etc. We are going to have to straighten those things out. Every time we had a good play, we would shoot ourselves in the foot. We correct these we will be ok.

2 turnover on downs inside the Chapman 30 and a blocked punt on our own 10.... there's your 21 points in a scrimmage.
I wasn’t there due to working, but the defense is already a major concern. I was there for the jamboree, though, and if anyone say they didn’t immediately see signs, and think last year’s defense, they are lying.

I don’t get the lack of defense the past few years. If Shelby couldn’t do anything else, we could play defense. An example being the 2017 team. Offense was average, but that defense was great.

Is it the scheme? Even the 2021 championship team’s defense was a little overrated, in my opinion. It just had a few great individual players that masked the deficiencies. It was hell against passing offenses, but was a little suspect against the run. It was too easy to run on the perimeter.

What WRH did to Shelby wouldn’t have happened against the Ware/Devine coached defenses. Maybe the lack of not playing South Point anymore is a factor, too, a team that strongly reflects what teams do out East.

Last edited:
Heard the young quarterback had a rough outing, too. He’s going to be great as his career progresses, but you have to be special to start at that all important position as a sophomore. Heard the center, and his snaps to the quarterback was a problem, too. I saw that in the jamboree. Basically, I think you all need to cool it some on the optimism. Lots of talent out there, but it looks a little disorganized already. Let’s hope to see progress next week, when it counts.

Last edited:
Heard the young quarterback had a rough outing, too. He’s going to be great as his career progresses, but you have to be special to start at that all important position as a sophomore. Heard the center, and his snaps to the quarterback was a problem, too. I saw that in the jamboree. Basically, I think you all need to cool it some on the optimism. Lots of talent out there, but it looks a little disorganized already. Let’s hope to see progress next week, when it counts.
Exactly. Just make it a goal to try and improve each week in every phase. Playing a lot of younger kids.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Scrimmage? Lol yes you can see signs of what’s to come. But also gives time to correct. Good luck on the season.

We really could use big 77 lol.
You guys are loaded, bro. I have also liked what I have seen with Burns and Monroe. Despite it only being the first game of the season, next week’s game vs Kings Mountain will tell a lot about Shelby. If it’s competitive and tightly contested, then there’s optimism, but if it’s the opposite, well…… Looking forward to it.

You guys are loaded, bro. I have also liked what I have seen with Burns and Monroe. Despite it only being the first game of the season, next week’s game vs Kings Mountain will tell a lot about Shelby. If it’s competitive and tightly contested, then there’s optimism, but if it’s the opposite, well…… Looking forward to it.

Our depth isn't what I thought it would be though. Also, defensive tackle depth is nonexistent. Still do like our talent.

Scrimmages are just that. Scrimmages. I'm sure it wasn't Shelby's 1s out there

Whenever @shelbyfan1 is quiet, be a little concerned.

Well scrimmages are just that, scrimmages.....
But theses last 2 are hard to Judge.
We have lot of talent, the pieces are there just got to put it all in right places.
Still few guys not playing due to injurys etc.
Mistakes were alot of problems,
Chatman was big and Athletic.
Our offense can move ball on anyone but i do feel we need work on D...
Hope coaches make adjustments this week. It gets real quick

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT