ADVERTISEMENT

Rolesville vs Vance

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
This game is for the 4AA State Championship game. Vance is looking good to win it but what does Rolesville have. Thoughts or predictions for this game.

Last edited:
Looking at Rolesville schedule. Not one team would prepare them for Vance. Crazier things have happened. Hoping for a good game.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
The same could be said for Vance. They have played some good teams but those teams do not have the athletes like rolesville.

The same could be said for Vance. They have played some good teams but those teams do not have the athletes like rolesville.
Although about 5 or more left early. Hough had over 20 FBS Guys on the team, and you believe no teams Vance played had the Athletes like Rolesville? The IMeck has always been one of the toughest conferences in the State. In a down year i could match MC'S athletes with Rolesville. Outside of Josh Pullen (rb) Central commit,2021 & the 2 kids for 2022 QB Byrum Brown & OG Jesiah Henderson. Who are the athletes, and why aren’t they being recruited? This would be considered a down year, for most teams in the IMECK.

Last edited:
Rolesville is probably at least a 2 TD underdog with a healthy Brown at QB. If he’s less than 100% I just don’t see an upset here. Brown is the X factor and Rolesville will need a high scoring shootout to win.

Rolesville is probably at least a 2 TD underdog with a healthy Brown at QB. If he’s less than 100% I just don’t see an upset here. Brown is the X factor and Rolesville will need a high scoring shootout to win.
Outside of Hough I don't believe anyone has scored more than 21 on Vance in 3 years.

I don’t think Rolesville will score a lot on Vance but if they are to win I feel that’s how it will need to be. I think Rolesville defense is good but not special. Vance will score on them. Rolesville has athletes that can go the distance on a missed or broken tackle. They will need a few of those, some turnovers and some special teams plays to keep it close. If Brown is limited like he was after the injury against WF then Rolesville will struggle to score. Brown is a great athlete and he can extend pass plays and has a strong arm. It’s hard to cover those 4 WR for more than 4 secs. If teams bring a lot of pressure he will take off. WF was able to pressure him and he couldn’t move. Brown is not your typical pocket passer who beats you with accuracy. His legs makes his arm special.

Vance by 2-3 ! I believe Rolesville gave their all in that Wake Forest game so will they have enough gas in the tank to pull a upset?

Although about 5 or more left early. Hough had over 20 FBS Guys on the team, and you believe no teams Vance played had the Athletes like Rolesville? The IMeck has always been one of the toughest conferences in the State. In a down year i could match MC'S athletes with Rolesville. Outside of Josh Pullen (rb) Central commit,2021 & the 2 kids for 2022 QB Byrum Brown & OG Jesiah Henderson. Who are the athletes, and why aren’t they being recruited? This would be considered a down year, for most teams in the IMECK.
Noah Rogers- 2023 WR - Offers from Notre Dame, UNC, Penn St, State, Duke, Mich St, SC, Va Tech, WVU. His brother is a SR and has about twice as many catches and more yards but I don't think he's been offered. Has good size at 6'2, hopefully someone will give him a shot as he's a stud.

Ethan Harris- Air Force commit

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Noah Rogers- 2023 WR - Offers from Notre Dame, UNC, Penn St, State, Duke, Mich St, SC, Va Tech, WVU. His brother is a SR and has about twice as many catches and more yards but I don't think he's been offered. Has good size at 6'2, hopefully someone will give him a shot as he's a stud.

Ethan Harris- Air Force commit
Ok.......and??? Look no disrespect to Rolesville they've had a great season n deserved the right to b there.....but for us check our resume of the teams we've played this yr and yrs past.. Again I'll say it...I said it after the Hough game and I'll say it now...if we play our game no one will beat us. They're jus the last team in the way

Last edited:
Ok.......and??? Look no disrespect to Rolesville they've had a great season n deserved the right to b there.....but for us check our resume of the teams we've played this yr and yrs past.. Again I'll say it...I said it after the Hough game and I'll say it now...if we play our game no one will beat us. They're jus the last team in the way
Merely answering the question, my man. The question was about who Rolesville had that had offers, I answered it.

Reactions: Veejay4
Y'all remember a few years ago when Dudley beat the breaks off Cape Fear? 54-0 or something like that....

That's basically my prediction for this game.

Edit: Nah, that's a little too disrespectful. But I don't think this game will be close. I got Vance winning by a lot.

Y'all remember a few years ago when Dudley beat the breaks off Cape Fear? 54-0 or something like that....

That's basically my prediction for this game.

Edit: Nah, that's a little too disrespectful. But I don't think this game will be close. I got Vance winning by a lot.
This Rolesville team is much better than that CF team if Brown is 100%.

I agree with you. It does appear that Vance hasn’t played their A game every week. That’s what Rolesville will need to happen.

Wake forest? Apex? Maybe Knightdale? I guess hough, MP teams are JV squads?
I do not think you understood my post. Rolesville is very athletic. Vance has played a lot of good teams and maybe better than Rolesville but not as athletic. Did Vance play a harder schedule? Most likely but that is more of an issue of commitment the Charlotte area has over the Raleigh area. It doesn't change the fact that Rolesville is a very different team that they will see. Is Vance the favorite? Sure. They deserve it but the comments on this board clearly shows that most do not even look east let alone know enough to predict a game. As a Vance Dad I expect full belief and praise for your son's team but it will be an interesting final for an interesting year.

I do not think you understood my post. Rolesville is very athletic. Vance has played a lot of good teams and maybe better than Rolesville but not as athletic. Did Vance play a harder schedule? Most likely but that is more of an issue of commitment the Charlotte area has over the Raleigh area. It doesn't change the fact that Rolesville is a very different team that they will see. Is Vance the favorite? Sure. They deserve it but the comments on this board clearly shows that most do not even look east let alone know enough to predict a game. As a Vance Dad I expect full belief and praise for your son's team but it will be an interesting final for an interesting year.
I'll take ur word for it....let's hope it's a good game. At this point I have no gun in thr fight, my kid is yrs removed from Vance he was a AARON brand project. I jus love the kids there and love where Vance has evolved from since I came. Hard to believe they're more athletic than Myers Park and Hough...again I'll take ur word for it.

I think the question we need to ask...if the top of each side traded places where would they b? If Vance traded places with Rolesville and vice versa how would they look?

Maybe your definition of Athletic is different. I'm watching the game against Wake Forest, and Hoggard. I see Athlete's, but to say Rolesville is the most Athletic team they've played thus far. I'm not seeing it. IF so Vance is in trouble if Rolesville is more Athletic than Myers Park & Hough. They would have to be, the most athletic team in decades.

Last edited:
Over the past two seasons these Vance kids have played and beaten Mallard Creek, Hough, Richmond, Myers Park, Leesville Rd, Ardrey Kell. Caled Hood, Evan Pryor, Curtis Neal, Drake Maye, Porter Rooks, the Muhammed kid, Trenton Simpson, Elijah Metcalf, Quinton Williams......I could go on and on. Gotta be 20+ Power 5 kids on those squads.

Rolesville may be very good. There is NO WAY they are more athletic than those teams.

I love Rolesville QB. He's electric, and extremely athletic. Consistently tucking and running against Vance could be dangerous though. He's going to take some shots he's not used to taking. As Rolesville depends on his legs often.

Maybe your definition of Athletic is different. I'm watching the game against Wake Forest, and Hoggard. I see Athlete's, but to say Rolesville is the most Athletic team they've played thus far. I'm not seeing it. IF so Vance is in trouble if Rolesville is more Athletic than Myers Park & Hough. They would have to be, the most athletic team in decades.
Hell IMG, mater dai would b in trouble...2004 indy would b nervous.

Reactions: btango
I love Rolesville QB. He's electric, and extremely athletic. Consistently tucking and running against Vance could be dangerous though. He's going to take some shots he's not used to taking. As Rolesville depends on his legs often.
Plus there's rumors he's hurt? U know those creek teams if Palmieri got word that the other team starting qb is hurt...like throwing bloody chum to a tank full of hungry sharks. I know Hack is drooling to hear that.

Reactions: tdl6242
Vance Big. Vance will feel like Rolesville is a break. Hollywood has won state Heisman too. Saturday will be a big coronation. NO offense to Rolesville, but this Vance team is absolutely loaded the next couple years and play with a hunger and swagger thats unmatched right now.

I agree, his legs make him a better passer. Rolesville offense look average at best against WF after the injury. If you watch the 1st game between the two teams he absolutely torched them. If the QB is playing hurt this one will be real ugly.
Also, their freshman RB could be special.

Reactions: nepsy7
2011 Regional Championship game. We had 2 US Army All Americans, 11 D1 kids, and over 15 kids who went on to play at the D2 level. I said before the game, the only way we lose this games, is if everything goes wrong. Everything went wrong. We lost to G-Page 41-27. Arguably the best teams in Mallard Creek History, when it comes to talent on the field. Crazy things can happen! That's why they play the game.

2011 Regional Championship game. We had 2 US Army All Americans, 11 D1 kids, and over 15 kids who went on to play at the D2 level. I said before the game, the only way we lose this games, is if everything goes wrong. Everything went wrong. We lost to G-Page 41-27. Arguably the best teams in Mallard Creek History, when it comes to talent on the field. Crazy things can happen! That's why they play the game.
Same here with our 2016 team that played Page. We spanked them in the preseason jamboree...regional finals they boatraced us. So we're definitely not over looking rolesville

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I was hoping a Vance n Dutch Fork match up this next season. But didn’t happen. Vance probably had a chance at beating them like Mallard Creek had that game wasn’t shortened. We will never know but imagine the hype if that game could of happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT