ADVERTISEMENT

Rolesville vs Vance

Same here with our 2016 team that played Page. We spanked them in the preseason jamboree...regional finals they boatraced us. So we're definitely not over looking rolesville
That trip to Page on a cold Friday night up I 85 has gotten many teams over the years. Very tough atmosphere.

Neutral field I think Vance rolls in this game. Rollesvillle has to get # 10 for Vance blocked which is practically impossible kid is a Soph and one of the most twitchy edge rushers I have seen in years. He is very smart as well as the game goes on he times and listens to snap count and if you don't change it your Tackles have zero chance. They have to roll protection his way on passing downs or check were he is lined up and slide his way......huge disruptor...

Agree TDL #10 is about to be a 5 star. What's crazy is this Vance team could have 2 5 stars, and a 4 star in two years if all the sophomores stay.

Agree TDL #10 is about to be a 5 star. What's crazy is this Vance team could have 2 5 stars, and a 4 star in two years if all the sophomores stay.
No.59 is no slouch...kid got like 3 or 4 power 5 offers jus off of the Hough game alone. Worry about them 2 then no.25 would b a problem. Worry about all them then Hack would bring no.9 on a safety blitz. Scary thing with all this no.1 should still b roaming the field but he's up in chapel hill making a name already.

I think a mobile QB helps. Extends some plays, makes something out of nothing and maybe forces Hackett to be slightly less aggressive.What really matters is taking advantage of the 6-7 times you got a shot downfield and not turning it over . Vance defense lives off of pressure, negative plays and turnovers. They will leave their corners on and island and they will get beat occasionally but Vance is betting they get more sacks and turnovers than you get chunk plays and they have been right more time than not.

I really think the best way to move the ball on Vance if you have the personnel is smash mouth right at them. I think Hough played that way in game one before they opened it up and LKN had a little success. Now- If Holywood and Grier get off to a fast start its not gonna matter much..

I agree wit @Blue and Gold22 - U have to punch Vance in the mouth and GET ON THEM from the FIRST SNAP. U need catch them sleeping. U have to put your foot on the throttle before VANCE WAKES UP N DOES JUST THAT. Rolesville D Has to slow down Vance Offense but Rolesville O needs to play MISTAKE free

You seen Mooresville and LN usually plays their best vs Vance the past 2-3 years n almost won

I agree wit @Blue and Gold22 - U have to punch Vance in the mouth and GET ON THEM from the FIRST SNAP. U need catch them sleeping. U have to put your foot on the throttle before VANCE WAKES UP N DOES JUST THAT. Rolesville D Has to slow down Vance Offense but Rolesville O needs to play MISTAKE free

You seen Mooresville and LN usually plays their best vs Vance the past 2-3 years n almost won
That's easy to do that in a regular season game in early October no disrespect to Mooresville and LKN...especially lkn this yr they were very good. Something about the playoffs wakes us up...could b whats on the line...or the urgency but we play better when our backs are against the wall or better...a state championship. We know rolesville is good, like I said we play our game no one can beat us.

That's easy to do that in a regular season game in early October no disrespect to Mooresville and LKN...especially lkn this yr they were very good. Something about the playoffs wakes us up...could b whats on the line...or the urgency but we play better when our backs are against the wall or better...a state championship. We know rolesville is good, like I said we play our game no one can beat us.
I agree Playoff Vance is different and I believe Daylan And Grier will be the main guys to help Vance repeat but that’s the only one way Rolesville wins with what I stated above

That 1st quarter was rough. It's only 7-7. Hope 2nd quarter is a lot better

13-7 Vance. Missed field goal points hurt in any game and especially a championship

more than 100 yds in penalties for vance in 16 minutes
leading 13-7 though
long kickoff return for rolesville chance to take lead

14-13 rolesville

vance better get there shi together

The winner of this game will be whoever has the ball last. This place is ROCKING!

leading 13-7 though

14-13 rolesville

4 quarters...but we have a ball game

leading 13-7 though

14-13 rolesville

With 100 yards of penalties comes frustration. I hope this is not the case here....

Mistakes and penalties are our only opponents. We control those we pull away 2nd half.
Now that they quit making dumb penalties and turning the ball over They have taken control of the game and running away with it.

I think the Cougars have the Rams beat at this point

Cougars also beat the Rams in 3A yesterday.

Few minutes ago the Rams beat the Cougars in 2A

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Congrats to Vance. Represented 704
well again. Game was largely unwatchable. Thought Grier played his best game tonight.

All this nonsense about Rolesville and their athletes and who they play is just laughable. They might be the 6th or 7th best team in Meck County and that's being charitable. Terrible tackling and 60 yards in offense. This easily could have been a 50 pt game.

well again. Game was largely unwatchable. Thought Grier played his best game tonight.

All this nonsense about Rolesville and their athletes and who they play is just laughable. They might be the 6th or 7th best team in Meck County and that's being charitable. Terrible tackling and 60 yards in offense. This easily could have been a 50 pt game.
No disrespect to rolesville they deserved to b here...but LKN could have made it to state in the east. And that's no slight to LKN they didn't even make it to the playoffs.

This sounds like the speech Rolesvilles coach was giving them after the game, between his sign language and my lip reading. He looked annoyed with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT