ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky River at Richmond

It was very noticeable that Coach C gets jazzed up with the kids after a big play. Coaches should expect big plays from their players, but nice to see him showing some passion and recognition.

What's this forward pass stuff.

These 'boys' in rc can't do that!

Sad thing is these so called fans were pulling for a 'L'.

Crushed a rocky river team that u guys were telling me 'twas pretty good.

Crushed a Rocky River team that we were telling you needed to figure out a way to score some more points. They have the size and athleticism...but what they don't have is an offense that is suitable for these types of games.

Nonetheless...a quality win for Richmond! RR may or may not be in the running to win the SW4A conference (time will tell), but they aren't Garinger, either. That was a very sound margin of victory against a team with a very good physical presence about them.

The raider defense was something that hasn't been seen in a long time around Richmond county.

You better get these boys early in the year before they can figure out what they are supposed to do.

This is from the daily journal:
Zeigler finished the game 13 of 22 for 120 yards and three scores. Ellerbe had four catches for 60 yards and two touchdowns. Damontre Bennett rushed four times for a team-leading 42 yards.

Richmond limited Rocky River to 31 rushing yards on 35 attempts. Rocky River quarterback Tyshawn Carter was 20 of 25 for 150 yards.

With all the worries I read prior to the game, immense success was the outcome.

I applaud the kids in Richmond

1-0

Pressure can make diamonds and the pressure that the Raider faithful puts on its own, the same pressure that everyone else is so critical of, is the difference between RC and everyone else in NC.

The leading rusher for Richmond had 42 yards and we won.

I swear you can't win if you don't run the football.
I agree the passing game looked good ...But , I will say this ...To beat the upper level teams the Raiders better come up with a better running game....The RR defense was the same all night and we could not get the run game going ...Our linemen looked confused at times on runs....There are still some battles going on at the o line positions...I have confidence it will all get worked out......I was thrilled with our teams emotion last night.....The defense was flying around and getting to the ball in groups...Only let down was the opening second half drive of RR.....Special teams played big with a blocked punt and a return punt for a td , and good coverage by the ko team and our extra point team, with one exception.......For game one I was pleased with our performance.........We will get better this week......On to Anson next week..........Good job Raiders...Continue to work and improve each week.....Congratulations.........1 and 0......nuff said....

While the Raiders were more successful in the air than on the ground, Richmond ran more rushing plays than passing plays. Unofficially Richmond had 27 rushes for 97 yards and 23 passes for 126 yards.

You better beat these boys before they figure out this offense.

The ceiling for these boys will only be limited by how fast they pick it up.

Calhoun, remember that name.

Every new week of practice will increase their abilities exponentially.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
Calhoun, remember that name.

I really like him at WR. He only played a couple of downs at QB. He reminds of a kid I coached years back. While he could play QB, he was much more effective from RB or WR. He went on to play at ECU as a WR.

I heard RC tied Millbrook 0-0 in a scrimmage. I know many have Millbrook in their top 20 but I think I would take RR over Millbrook. RC better figure it out and score some points. I don't see RC shutting out RR.
Millbrook has very good DC now. Kenny Helms. Good coach and team.

Well, we' ll find out about the PASSING GAME Friday night , IF IT CAN BE TAUGHT IN A MONTH.....If you cant run the football successfully you cant win.....Tommy knobbs had the best talent in Meck County transferring in just like another team up there now...Heck give me the best talent in that county and I'll throw it every play, because of the studs you have to play defense for you...As far as that goes just run sneak and score.....Offense was not the problem... WE .AVG 42 POINTS A GAME ......Like I said , I'll be happy to avg 21 to 28 a game.......The passing game is not hard and the routes are not hard...post, hitch, curl, drag , jet etc..........You better have the studs up front to give time to get some routes ran.....With no injuries and no turnovers and our defense can hold them to 14, we might just win....Remember to win you must be able to run the football...The RAIDERS TRIPLE HAS LOOKED GOOD THIS WEEK.......GO RAIDERS.....nuff said
People talk about Tommy Knott having players from all over Charllotte,how about Mallard Creek? They just don't have talent like that by chance. I would play them too. So don't be down on Knott for game he won at Indy. MC may have more talent at every position than all other teams combined in Charllotte. With talent like they have if they lose one game it will surprise me. Who will be able to play with them this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT