ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond vs. Scotland

paulraiderfan

Aug 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I just read the Laurinburg Exchange and saw Bailey's statement after Scotland's' loss to Pinecrest quote: “I really do feel like they’re (Pinecrest) the best football team in the conference".

That should be some good Raider locker room material to post!!

Go Raiders

Last edited:
Not sure what he was thinking saying this. I'm sure it is posted on the walls of the locker room and weight room. Why give your rival extra motivation?

Reactions: paulraiderfan
I just read the Laurinburg Exchange and saw Bailey's statement after Scotland's' loss to Pinecrest quote: “I really do feel like they’re (Pinecrest) the best football team in the conference".

That should be some good Raider locker room material to post!!

Go Raiders
What do you mean?
The way I read it is that acknowledging the strengths of the opponent can be a powerful motivator. By recognizing Pinecrest as the best team in the conference, it not only shows respect for their abilities but also sets a clear benchmark for the Raiders to aspire to.
This kind of acknowledgment can fuel a sense of determination within the team. For instance, when athletes recognize the level of competition they’re up against, it often pushes them to elevate their own performance. We’ve seen this in various sports where teams rally together after a tough loss, using it as motivation to improve and come back stronger.

Moreover, this statement could serve as a wake-up call for the Raiders to assess their own strengths and weaknesses and remind them that there's always room for growth.

Just my 2-cents!

What do you mean?
The way I read it is that acknowledging the strengths of the opponent can be a powerful motivator. By recognizing Pinecrest as the best team in the conference, it not only shows respect for their abilities but also sets a clear benchmark for the Raiders to aspire to.
This kind of acknowledgment can fuel a sense of determination within the team. For instance, when athletes recognize the level of competition they’re up against, it often pushes them to elevate their own performance. We’ve seen this in various sports where teams rally together after a tough loss, using it as motivation to improve and come back stronger.

Moreover, this statement could serve as a wake-up call for the Raiders to assess their own strengths and weaknesses and remind them that there's always room for growth.

Just my 2-cents

Just for context RC beat Pincrest 36-7.

Also, the last time Scotland played at Raider Stadium Scotland prevailed 22-21! I hope this game will be another classic between the two teams, regardless of their respective records. Me and my family will be making the trip from Raleigh, can't wait!! Also thank you sec2011, Richmond completely dominated Pinecrest in a blowout 36-7!

Reactions: tigertown21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT