11/08 vs Erwin (time and site TBD)

I’m guessing we completely dropped the McDowell game this year
Erwin schedule is
10/18 @ TCR
10/25 vs McDowell TBD
11/01 vs North Buncombe TBD
11/08 vs Reynolds TBD

I’m guessing the Erwin TC game will be after ACR and Enka

It appears they are making sure all the 3A teams play each other and all the 4A teams play each other for playoff implications.

Where the hell is everybody going to park at Reynolds? I’ve been showering with the rest of western North Carolina in the parking lot for 2 weeks lol

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
What is the latest on the water situation in Asheville?
All school campuses have non-potable water restored, along with 95% of Buncombe County. Several pockets in the community remain without any water and the water has LOTS of sediment in it for anyone fortunate to have water due to the turmoil at the reservoirs. The water looks like weak tea but it'll flush a toilet and that's a big deal when spread across an entire county. Water pressure is still an issue in some areas and this may have a bearing on some schools due to the sprinkler systems not being able to be used properly.

I don’t think the entire southeast realizes just how bad it has been in WNC the last month. I think the death toll is grossly undercounted and the dust, mud and debris now is still off the charts. Your brain can’t process the destruction you’re seeing, particularly near Owen high school and Asheville high. There were literally buildings underwater. Not water up to the doors or a creek running through the dining rooms….. but like literally you would have had to scuba dive down into Moes southwest grill or into Wendy’s in biltmore village. Swannanoa near black mountain looks eerily similar to Hiroshima in 1945 and that’s not an exaggeration.

Last edited:
Rumor mill aside from rumblings in the locker room, immediately following the storm and seeing all the destruction, there seemed to be a good chance that the rest of the season would have to be cancelled. I can't really blame him or anyone else for making that decision. Kudos to the local admin for recognizing the importance of getting these kids safely back on the field even without going to school

Reactions: beamer24
Was it a career move? Meaning he wanted other schools to see him play, in addition to what's on the table?
He and his family were seriously displaced. Flooded severely and no chance to recover anytime soon. He and the family moved in with grandparents so I’d don’t believe it was strictly a football move. We had another starter transfer to a Charlotte area school, I’m sure his family was displaced also.

Reactions: Crestuff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT