ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond vs. Scotland Message

Raider7967

Oct 11, 2011
I think this would be a great time to use some of the unfortunate game fights as a teachable moment for all of us to use to encourage the fans, parents, teachers, and coaches to send the right message to all. The consequences will not be worth it for those teams. Play like you have been there and let your actions show on the field. Let's all encourage 100% effort and 100% sportsmanlike conduct.

We, as fans, have just as much responsibility in this. Now would be a great time to hone in on the message with some lingering examples. I reference our game since it is an emotional rivalry, but hopefully everyone will use those as examples of what not to do. Here is to a good clean game with no injuries for all playing games this week-end.

I think this would be a great time to use some of the unfortunate game fights as a teachable moment for all of us to use to encourage the fans, parents, teachers, and coaches to send the right message to all. The consequences will not be worth it for those teams. Play like you have been there and let your actions show on the field. Let's all encourage 100% effort and 100% sportsmanlike conduct.

We, as fans, have just as much responsibility in this. Now would be a great time to hone in on the message with some lingering examples. I reference our game since it is an emotional rivalry, but hopefully everyone will use those as examples of what not to do. Here is to a good clean game with no injuries for all playing games this week-end.
Amen Raider 7967!!!! Good looking out.

I have a feeling ol RC will try to run this puppy up as much as possible and that will illicit some emotion. Can't say that I wouldn't do the same so hopefully the kids will take this for what it is - a high school game. Two teams that have respect for each other rarely get into the ugliness that we have seen lately. I can't remember at anytime that SC and RC got into some crap of any seriousness.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
As someone who stood on and roamed both side(line)s of this rivalry for MANY years, there are factors that most folk on the outside of it all don’t necessarily realize. The respect each program has for and from the other is somewhat unprecedented - I’ve never seen nor experienced anything else quite like it. The coaching staffs over the years have always known each other well - with many having worked together and/or played with (and some, for) each other. The players on each side know, and typically have known this as well. But then, many of the players know each other too - and have for some years. This is a rivalry - and, a “connection”- one that few people ever know or experience in their lifetime. It is bigger than every participant in it, and much bigger than every spectator around it. It generated some of the most incredible environments I ever had the opportunity to coach in - truly indescribable. For the players, it is a euphoric atmosphere that very few experiences (afterward) could, can, and will EVER compare. It is bigger than everyone, and everyone knows this. This is why discrepant, detrimental behavior during this game has never really been an issue. I’m confident this trend will continue - for this rivalry anyway. I hope and pray both programs are prepared and excited for the opportunity awaiting them tonight. Most kids go an entire high school football career and NEVER experience anything like ...“this game.” Most fans go an entire lifetime and never do as well - except maybe a few places in Texas. I hope and pray the Richmond/Scotland players, coaches, fans, and communities continue to realize just how fortunate and blessed they ALL truly are. They get a heavy dose - once a year - of something most folks never know, or can really even begin to appreciate.

For those of you who may have never witnessed this spectacle, you need to - at least once. Doesn’t matter where it’s played; but you better get there early, IF you plan to go.

Best wishes to both teams ... may your efforts be worthy of the environment that awaits, may you exhaust all that you have in the attempt to do honor by the (2018) moment. May your respect for each other - and the event itself - be as evident tonight as it has been throughout the history (I have known). May each team exit the night healthy and fully prepared to move forward with dignity and honor - respectful of the old SEC, and the present SAC.

Enjoy the day, Love the night, “fight” each other with dignity and respect,” and appreciate each other through all that you SHARE - exclusively because of ... This “Game.”

God bless ...

Game day Gentlemen and thanks for supporting the message. I think it's the right time for the right reasons.

Scots Roll-You know I can't wish you luck, but I do hope for no injuries. I know the Scots will come out swinging.
Jmac-You know this game tends to run close. I know the Scots will give it their best shot and we wouldn't want it any other way
B&G-You helped us make a decision for you-stay your ace in Charlotte.LOL
Bullzye-I couldn't have summed it up any better

Here is to a great game!

I have to agree... Bullzye hit the Bulls Eye...
Guys n Gals just let me add my 2 cents more here and no intention of opening another can of worms, but a couple or three times this week I've read a phrase about running up the score and mopping the floor and things like that. I think with today's rules and design it would be hard to deliberately do so with the running clock and most coaches want these kids to experience a game like this. It's just not like that anymore. Not intentional. Coaches are more dignified ( I think that's the word ) anyway...if you play your subs the entire 4th qtr. You're not running up the score. I don't expect tonight's game to EVEN come to that. Just had to bring it up...GO RAIDERS. 6 hr. And counting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT