ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond @ Scotland

One team (wearing blue) will play in the 1st round of the playoffs next week. The other team (wearing green) will report to basketball practice Monday after school
Please refrain from publicly making an attempt to embarrass GoGo. That's my boy. Dude looks like a Fighting Scot in the stands and his freshly pressed skirt made by Giani Versace.

Reactions: tigertown21
(My Scotland fans are going to hate me for this but it has to be said) Besides the winner... did I not call it. Turnover, defense showing up late, and terrible play calling in the 4th quarter caused us yet another huge game that could and should have been won. Those guys played way too hard to put themselves back into the game to have a coaching staff not have anything to get them into the end zone. 3 identical plays back to back to back with the game on the line??? long passes on the short side of the field? Well more of the same if aske me... we will do fine in the playoffs until we come up against a team with some players and a coaching staff who can adjust. Love Bailey to death... he is good for the program on many levels (motivation, family, unity, etc.) but until this man learns to adjust in game he will never win a State Ring. (Sorry my Scotland Family) but I'm a true Realist.

Reactions: tigertown21
(My Scotland fans are going to hate me for this but it has to be said) Besides the winner... did I not call it. Turnover, defense showing up late, and terrible play calling in the 4th quarter caused us yet another huge game that could and should have been won. Those guys played way too hard to put themselves back into the game to have a coaching staff not have anything to get them into the end zone. 3 identical plays back to back to back with the game on the line??? long passes on the short side of the field? Well more of the same if aske me... we will do fine in the playoffs until we come up against a team with some players and a coaching staff who can adjust. Love Bailey to death... he is good for the program on many levels (motivation, family, unity, etc.) but until this man learns to adjust in game he will never win a State Ring. (Sorry my Scotland Family) but I'm a true Realist.
It is hard to be honest and realistic when looking in the mirror at your own program. I appreciate your post. We across the border are in the same place in a lot of ways. On the one hand, very charismatic genuinely likable coach has won his share of games and accolades for us but something just doesn't seem right with the program. I think a lot of times we give to much credit to coaches when they win, just as we tend to lay the blame too much on their shoulders when they lose. Tricky and fine line. No one wants to point fingers at the kids who work so hard and sacrifice so much and rightfully so. But looking at the season Dutch Fork is having under the legend Coach Knotts which is far below the standard he has set over the last 20 years, how do you explain what is going on? Pretty sure TK has not forgotten how to coach. Injuries? He has dealt with injuries in the past and overcome them. Youth? Chris Leak started as a Freshman along with several others on that team. Were his wins a product of coaching or talent? Coach Newsome is another one that comes to mind, great success at Butler not so much at Kannapolis. It happens on every level, Rhule, Schiano, Kingsbury success at college level not so much at the pro level. Like I said i respect your post a great deal, i see a lot of similarities in what we face. I think both programs need to be cautious, be careful what you wish for, the grass ain't always greener on the other side.

The play calling at the end had me scratching my head also. Also taking the RB out on 4th and goal didn't make sense to me either.

23+ years and see my fans are still chanting my name. The admiration for the great one, never ceases to amaze me.

23+ years and see my fans are still chanting my name. The admiration for the great one, never ceases to amaze me.
It's a really good thing that Go_Scots has evolved here over the years. Go_Scots has never accused anyone of being overly intelligent but he also never knew some on here have been totally stupid over his long commitment inside NCPreps. He actually thought it was an act. Look folks, don't for a second think the cupboard is bare in Scotland County. Talent abounds there like always. That and the fact that there are hundreds of jobs available in the area, which leads to kids transferring in assures the Scots success for years to come.

You see, Go_Scots and I go way back. He understands that Swett being in the playoffs has us guys all giddy and feeling great but he will always state the we are still "the same ol Purnell Swett!"

When and if I choose to visit Lawnburg on any given Friday - good ol Go_Scots has a skirt available for the occasion.

Make no mistake - Go_Scots is KING.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT