ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond@ Dudley

As stated by others, many of those points that Dudley allows are when the 1st and 2nd stringers are sitting on the bench.
Got it. So Dudley plays their backups (which give up all their points) and no other team in the state ever plays their backups. That certainly explains the statistical anomalies I'm seeing here.

Who ever comes out of the West for 4A will be a load. They will be battle tested like no other. Dudley, Vance, CC will be a toss up. All 3 are special really good teams

If Scotland goes west then the title game will most likely be a formality, I don't think anybody in the 4A east is better than those 4.

386 yards is a NEW record

Preps has him at 417 yards passing with 6 tds. I assume those stats came from the coaching staff. I will talk with my statistician and see if he is counting those "forward" pitches as runs or passes. I believe they should be passes.

Reactions: RAIDERS2014
Hokie not sure what Dudley does but I will give you a good example Scotland sat all of their 1's (except for maybe 1 drive) & half of their 2's the second half against New Hanover after getting embarrassed 48-7 at half. They scored 21 in the second half with their 1's. Not sure that says much about New Hanover 1st team or Scotland's 1st team D other than when the 1's were out there for NH they managed 7 pts and 65 yards. Some of the kids that played friday had never stepped into a varsity game. It reflects on the Scots scoring D but all stats don't tell the entire story. Most do but all don't! Not making excuses but there is a huge drop off on the vast majority of high school teams between the 1's and 2's. Thats why they are 2's.

I understand that, but if whatever team we're talking about has a long proven history of playing their 2's in previous seasons and yet they still did not give up points back then like they are this year, then it's still an eyebrow raiser as to what is going on with this year's group. Every team in the state plays their backups during certain times. Not every group of backups gives up points like they are passing out Halloween candy.

Last edited:
Hokie because some 2's are better than others and sometimes the other teams plays their 2's on offense. The guy from New Hanover had the nerve to say his teams challenged SC in the 2nd half. I'm like really where was the challenge when it was 1 on 1. Again there are a number of variables that play into all of this. Maybe the depth this year is not as good as the past.

Got it. So Dudley plays their backups (which give up all their points) and no other team in the state ever plays their backups. That certainly explains the statistical anomalies I'm seeing here.

Nope, you don't have it. You are merely trying to pick holes about the Dudley program when they have allowed less than 10 points a game, and a good portion of those points came when the game was no longer in doubt. I believe Dudley's coaching staff is more interested in developing talent on their bench than trying to shut out every team.

Either way, if you attend the game, you will see that Dudley's defense is stout.

Thanks, but I won't need to attend the game. Richmond will tell me how stout Dudley's defense is. And the question was never, "Is Dudley's defense any good?". Before they even play Richmond this week, I know their defense is very good (amongst the best in the state), but the statement that brought all of this on was that Dudley's defense is THE best in the state. Time will tell, but I very seriously doubt it.

Dudley wore out Pine Forest and now the Panthers have Richmond County coming into Tarpley Stadium this Friday evening. Dudley still at #1, East Forsyth is #2 and Page at #3 in top Ten High School Football Poll…The top three have held their spots now for several weeks and we may see some changes next week with several key games coming up this week. Dudley face stiff opposition in their next contests and this could be the night one of the Guilford County teams fall out of the boat and is forced to swim ashore.

Last One: Young (Dudley, Lewis) 11 carries 252yds 3tds

Last edited:
OK then. One good thing about this entire subject line is that we will not have to guess for long about how good Dudley's defense is or is not, unlike with certain other lower classification programs around the state that duck competition like we have ebola or something. Kudos to Dudley and Richmond both for having the stones to schedule games like this, and win or lose for either team, they get big check marks in my book for doing so. Good luck to both teams on Friday night.[/QC

Can anyone question the Richmond County schedule...Playing 4 of the top 8 teams rated in the state.......nuff said....

Coach Hoggard did a great job with scheduling. Let's see if it continues or dumbs down. We'll know in 2 yrs.

RC has 107 rushing att for 505 yards. Dudley has 205 for 2070. RC is going to throw the ball or at least attempt too. Dudley has 56 tackles for losses and 16 sacks this season. I think this will be the key for RC, can they protect the QB and give him time to throw. I don't think they will be able too. I don't know if Dudleys defense is better than Butlers but it is probably close. Butler held RC to 2.2 yards per rush and 9-20 for 137 and 2 INT in the air. Will be a tough game for the Raiders.

Butler held RC to 2.2 yards per rush and 9-20 for 137 and 2 INT in the air.
Very little of those stats were attributed to the 1st team, and I've been told they don't count unless it's your starters that give them up.

So, in the first half with all starters in the game, Richmond had 22 total yards. 1twister says it was actually less than that (13 yards, I think?) and he's the Richmond stats guy, so I tend to take his word for it.

Very little of those stats were attributed to the 1st team, and I've been told they don't count unless it's your starters that give them up.

So, in the first half with all starters in the game, Richmond had 22 total yards. 1twister says it was actually less than that (13 yards, I think?) and he's the Richmond stats guy, so I tend to take his word for it.
I remember reading that too.

No No, I'm not the stats guy. I employ a statistician for my radio broadcast so we are usually very close but our stats are unofficial. :)

That's the great thing about mess boards, one doesn't have to open the ones they feel are tiresome.

That's the great thing about mess boards, one doesn't have to open the ones they feel are tiresome.
Yet when concluded, its virtually watching a television full of Lumia. The example stands in place.

Such a tiresome thread

Richmond is no longer Richmond, has not been in years, and Dudley might knock the Raider sticker, screws and yellow paint off every defensive helmet.

Last edited:
Isn't this how you guys always start these useless threads:

1. I think it might be about defense.
2. I am hoping for to see the Win-T.
3. Good luck to Raider Nation.
4. Look for "Jack Daniel" to get 300yrds tonight.
5. We will see magic come Friday.
6. Back in 1968 we ran thngs and won our first championship.
7. Never can tell how these games will come out.
8. Richmond by so much, BLOW OUT, 3rd string QB will win it since 1st string is out for 2 weeks

Isn't this how you guys always start these useless threads:

1. I think it might be about defense.
2. I am hoping for to see the Win-T.
3. Good luck to Raider Nation.
4. Look for "Jack Daniel" to get 300yrds tonight.
5. We will see magic come Friday.
6. Back in 1968 we ran thngs and won our first championship.
7. Never can tell how these games will come out.
8. Richmond by so much, BLOW OUT, 3rd string QB will win it since 1st string is out for 2 weeks

If they are so useless, why reply?

I have capitalized on traveling through out the NC region and have observed Richmond, 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A

Example would be Dillon High. They would run your bus in the river

Richmond would be considered a virtual test dummy in contrast to Dillon High School. When I read the particular messages, all Richmond feeds off is the life of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow. Then you recognize magic dissolving on to nihility.

Last edited:
Example would be Dillon High. They would run your bus in the river
The only way anyone can play Dillon is to travel to their place, because Dillon is too chickensh*t to play a tough game anywhere else. You can ask the Mallard Creek crowd how that one works. We're still waiting for Dillon to make their return trip to Charlotte...but we also already know that they never will.

I don't have any use for teams that will only schedule home games against tough opponents. Richmond has ten times the set of balls that Dillon has.

I hope Dudley strolls into this game thinking about what a cakewalk it's going to be. The (Stat-O-Krats) on this board just might end up being disappointed. Predicting an outcome of a game based how another team played an opponent is nothing short of moronic. There is nothing in the history or these two programs that suggest anything but a close, tight game. I think I will hold off on the sky is falling doom & gloom predictions.

The only way anyone can play Dillon is to travel to their place, because Dillon is too chickensh*t to play a tough game anywhere else. You can ask the Mallard Creek crowd how that one works. We're still waiting for Dillon to make their return trip to Charlotte...but we also already know that they never will.

I don't have any use for teams that will only schedule home games against tough opponents. Richmond has ten times the set of balls that Dillon has.
Set of Balls > 850 Dillon High population
Travel, confirm, and attempt to acquire the chicken out of Dillon

Tiny tot Dillon played MC.
Has Richmond?

There is one thing to hang your hat on regarding this game and it has nothing to do with stats is the recent history of RC. They have not proven to be one of the top teams they were for years and dudley is probably the 3 or 4th best program in the state. I hope RC does show up ready to fight and gets the win but after what i saw last week it will be one tall order.

[QUOTE="LonnieFarmJimmy, post: 1all Richmond feeds off is the life of yesterday and the hopes of tomorrow. Then you recognize magic dissolving on to nihility.[/QUOTE]
I do believe all schools have "hope for tomorrow". Only schools with a great history can feed off their history. RC can do both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT