ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond at Page

Our Special Team s failed us tonight...A BLOCKED PUNT THAT WAS RECOVERED FOR A TD AND THE SECOND HALF KO RUN BACK FOR A TD...14 BIG POINTS ..PLUS 3 MISSED EXTRA POINTS, AND A FIVE YARD PUNT .....I'LL GIVE IT TO PAGE THEY WERE A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM .....
SOME THINGS I DID NOT AGREE WITH , BUT HEY ... I'M PROUD OF OUR TEAM THIS YEAR...I GUESS BEING IN THE TOP 8 IN 4AA IS NOT ALL BAD, CONSIDERING WE GOT A VERY LATE START WITH A NEW HEAD COACH AND STAFF........Good luck to Page , they will make some more noise this year....Congratulations Raider players and coaches on a great year,,.....nuff said..

Last edited:
Well I went to a Page football game. Bucket list checked.

Nice atmosphere. Might need to put some money in those visitors bleachers though before a lawsuit happens. I almost broke a few legs through those gaps lol.

Too many mistakes for the Raiders tonight. When they finally got the stops, they would make mistakes on offense. Hats off to Page next week vs Middle Creek

Scotland would have dropped 50 on dudley on a dry field in 2013. Their speed was unmatched. They got to the edge at will vs dudley, the field was just too wet to turn it up for huge plays.

Dudley defense were great all year in 2013. The highest they gave up in one game from that year is 20 points with Southern Alamance blowout (44-20) and if my memory serve me right, Dudley had the game in the bag and send in 2 string defense in. I doubt that Scotland would score more than 15 points on a dry field. People tend to forget is that when the weather is raining, it affect both side of the ball. Dudley Defense is built on speed and rain negate that at times. (Richmond game this year is prime example) .....it is also messed up passing offense big time.

Dudley move on and Page move on ....Congrats to Triad team ....heck even Northern Guilford upset Terry Sanford at their place. NG was not that good and got blown out of water by Page. NG made a huge stride back to this far in playoff!

hey Mac, can you use your crystal ball to give me next week's lottery numbers. Seems you can see crap that never happened!

Scotland would have dropped 50 on dudley on a dry field in 2013. Their speed was unmatched. They got to the edge at will vs dudley, the field was just too wet to turn it up for huge plays.

.....but Scotland didn't have the "eye of the tiger" in that championship game. Sorry man.

Yea Page concessions def need an upgrade $2 can soda and $3 for a plain hotdog gotta step that up.

For some reason, they did not put out real good hamburger and hot dogs fixings like they did in regular season. I have not been on Visitor side of the field as a fan so I couldn't tell ya what it is like over there. I do know they do real good cheeseburger/hamburger and hot dogs on grill and have fixings on the side of the concession stand on the home side. I rarely see fixings (fresh tomatoes. onion, lettuce and pickles) at most ball games.

I guess the crowd and Thanksgiving weekend has to do some play in it. Who knows?

.....but Scotland didn't have the "eye of the tiger" in that championship game. Sorry man.

There is NO WAY THAT Scotland would drop 50 on Dudley in last few years .....let alone in 2013 PERIOD! That defense was down right nasty and even held CC to fifteen points with HOOD! It might be a better game and closer on a dry field but at the same time Dudley Defense is built on SPEED...they can counter speed with Scotland offense. DEFENSE WIN championship while offense is for the show! I saw that team in 2013 and they were superb on defense.

hey Mac, can you use your crystal ball to give me next week's lottery numbers. Seems you can see crap that never happened!

Oh no.... I don't do that. I know what I saw and I had seen Richmond past few years.....it seems like they are missing something. Two times you guys come up here in playoffs in Triad area and Triad teams send you back home with blowout loss. NW Guilford ran all over you guys and again last night, Page run over you guys like a Mack Truck. Richmond is not the same as before and you guys only been in one championship game since 2002. Dudley has been in more State finals and won several of them. Page won it all in the 2011.

Page could not do anything against Dudley few weeks ago and only SCORED 7 points while your great defense allowed 49! Oh ....wait a min, since 14 points came off the special teams miscue then defense actually gave up 35 points.

Well at least we did not here grumblings from the raider fans, Lukes like Hoggard had an inkling of what he had. Small los small d-line, lots of heart. Strange thing is at a couple games this year actually heard people say why are they not running the ball ....Where have the big guys gone ?

Richmond has not been big on the lines for at least the past 6 years. Puzzles me, too.

Oh no.... I don't do that. I know what I saw and I had seen Richmond past few years.....it seems like they are missing something. Two times you guys come up here in playoffs in Triad area and Triad teams send you back home with blowout loss. NW Guilford ran all over you guys and again last night, Page run over you guys like a Mack Truck. Richmond is not the same as before and you guys only been in one championship game since 2002. Dudley has been in more State finals and won several of them. Page won it all in the 2011.

Page could not do anything against Dudley few weeks ago and only SCORED 7 points while your great defense allowed 49! Oh ....wait a min, since 14 points came off the special teams miscue then defense actually gave up 35 points.

Yeah, Page beat the mess out of Richmond. Too bad Dudley couldn't. Maybe y'all could ask Gillespie for some pointers

Page won last night, and has nothing to do with Dudley what so ever. who cares... nobody.
cool.. Dudley split the 2 games against two teams that were playing each other last night.

Theres no need to justify the loss to Richmond, they were better than Dudley that night. you lost.. doesnt matter anymore, its playoff time now

So i was a bit surprised last night on how Page's OL kind of had their way with Richmond. RB Javon Leake had 237 yards rushing and had big gainers all night, he had nice holes to run through. I was thinking that the Raiders would have trouble with Page's WRs instead..

Reactions: PagePirate1989
Good luck to G'boro page, man give Coach C 4 years and Richmond will be a force, we just got coach in June and he has already turned this program around.

"Turned around"......lol.....yeah you need a turnaround when you lose two games in a season....you Raider fans are hilarious

Last year you were 11-2 and this year you're 11-3... quite a turnarond. Got to play in one more game lol

@Citizen X & blackknightnut this was coach C first year at RSHS, give him sometime and if you don't believe me he ask some of the Raider fans on NCPreps that are at the games faithfully. We loss to Butler who would have beat the breaks off of any school in the Triad location, we loss to Scotland go ask N. Davidson about them, and we loss to G.Boro Page. I think coach C is not biased and puts the best talent on the field.... Good luck to G'boro page in the 4th Rd.

Reactions: RAIDERS2014
Congratulations to Raiders and coaching staff on a great season! Lots of teams would have liked to have a 11-3 record.

Yeah, Page beat the mess out of Richmond. Too bad Dudley couldn't. Maybe y'all could ask Gillespie for some pointers

There is no need to ask Gillespie at all. Dudley beat Page few weeks ago 35-7. It was close until midway 4th Q then the wheels of Page came off badly. Dudley held Page to 7 points PERIOD. Dudley and Page are playing next week while you guys go home and say funny things like turnaround from last year. You guys actually lose less game last year than this year and now you fans saying a turnaround. Another funny thing is that one of you fan saying Richmond will win state title in two years. You guys are funny........ Charlotte teams right OWN 4AA for GOOD WHILE. I think only three teams out of Charlotte won state titles since 2001 and they are New Bern (07) Richmond (08) and Page (11) .

Can you imagine Richmond has not been a factor since 2008. I don't see Charlotte Teams slowing down at all.

I agree with Citizen X. Some fans sound so stupid. Raiders lost 2 last year and people wanted Hoggard gone. Castellano loses 3 with Raiders this year and some of the same people say it's a good year.

I for one don't think the Raiders will be better in the next few years. With the pending DWI charges, what's to say Castellano will be allowed to stay anyhow.

@ Raider Daddy man you had me fooled, I thought u knew a little about football time; hey guys in the playoffs its all about matchups, I knew G'boro Page was going to give Richmond fits.... Even though Richmond beat Jack Britt, Jack Britt would have matched up better with Page with the size and Skill positions. Richmond was able to match up with Dudley Speed but could not match up with G'boro Page size and speed. Also if Hoggard was the coach he would have found away to lose to Dudley & Pinecrest. Raider Daddy we got a coach that can coach the entire game and not just the Offense of Line, you can't teach speed my friends. Let me give you another example Charlotte Catholic would have been a better game for Scotland than N. Davidson, Catholic is going to have headaches matching up with Dudley speed, they are going to have to put the ball in the air to beat them.

Reactions: RAIDERS2014
Dcov33............. Dudley would give any teams fits . I saw that game between Page and Richmond and I can tell you Dudley would roll over Richmond quite easily if they were in place of Page. Why I said that, Dudley has speed on both side of the field and the weather was perfect. You are right.....match up can affect the game to some degree. The biggest flaw I saw last Friday was Page could run at will over Richmond line. I could not imagine what Dudley would have done and Dudley defense is a lot better than Page. My friends and I was surprised to see big holes time after time during the game when Page RB or QB ran the ball.

Dudley offense is much better in weather like last Friday and they can score quite a bunch in short period of time. Dudley put up 22 points in 7 min or so in 4th Q against Page. I do know this....Page would not give up 33 points like Page did. Richmond is a solid team but not at the same level as Page, Dudley, EF, Butler and lastly, Mallard Creek. Yes Richmond did beat Dudley....it was at the right time and "right weather" for Richmond that night. No excuses....you guys beat them. If y'all play ten times....I would see Dudley winning like 7-8 games while Raiders win two.

Another thing I want to mention is that Dudley has BIG game experiences far more than Richmond past five years or even more. To you fans, it may sound crazy but look at Richmond past few years....you guys lost BADLY to triad teams in the playoff and have a lot of TO's last year to one of MIllbrook ? Richmond does not have that MOJO compare to Dudley for past ten years ......Heck if I remember right, Dudley beat you guys one year down there and both teams won state titles in same year (08). I have researched and found out that Richmond only got further than quarterfinal of the playoff just ONCE since 2005. That one time is State Championship in 2008. During that same time span, Dudley won three state champions (2 in 3AA and 1 in 4A) and been to Regional final in 09 and this year.

Reactions: dcov33
Dcov, the game is about matchups. And what I'm saying is I don't think Richmond will match up well with BIG time programs on their schedule in the future. A lot of talent is leaving the Raiders and the JV program was as umimpressive to me as it has been in sometime.

Reactions: dcov33
@RaiderDaddy I promise you we need to keep this coach around give him 3 more seasons and he will have Richmond running like a well oiled machine again. Also who without sin please cast the first stone….I understand he was driving under the influence but man some of us have done worst things then that, I don't agree with his decisions to drink & drive but I will let our great courts handle that decision.

Last year you were 11-2 and this year you're 11-3... quite a turnarond. Got to play in one more game lol

Turnaround has less to do with record than it does other factors.

Things I noticed this year that I haven't seen since the D. Barnes early Ed Emory days....

1. Richmond was scrappy and fought back from deficits. Ever since the 2004 game when Indy decimated the Raiders in the Western Regional, I haven't seen the sort of fight that Richmond exhibited in the few games I got to see them. This is a change in culture for kids that would in years past, throw their hands up and let a game slip away because they went down by a few scores.

2. A passing game. Look say what you want....the triple option was great and exciting, but EVERYONE likes to see a team that can throw the football. Richmond brought that this year. Guess what Richmond was able to do really well in 2008 when they last won the championship? They could throw the mess out of a football. When was the last time a team with a weak passing game won a championship? I don't remember either.

3. I don't know Castellano, but just observing him on the sidelines, he's passionate. You can see the excitement and fire there. He might be crazy....he might not have common sense by some of his coaching gambles, but that fire will light those kids up. Barnes was laid back, Ed was kinda old, Hoggard was "chill". An excitable coach is new and fresh for Richmond. It's refreshing to see.

Of course this is just my opinion.... so take it at face value

Richmond has not been big on the lines for at least the past 6 years. Puzzles me, too.
I think we have been small, but do not forget the 2011 and 2012 o-line and d-line that Richmond had. I played and graduated with Devontae Covington, Tyrone Crowder (Clemson), and Alex Norton (Air Force), and we had a pretty stout line those two years. Also, we have some pretty big 9th and 10th graders coming up through the system, so expect the lines to be pretty large for years to come.

@DCImonkey great observation, you hit the nail in the coffin. I saw Richmond play twice this year, and man Coach C. Was coaching from the beginning of the game until the end, high 5's up and down the sidelines. Coach Barnes was a perfectionist, he would work on one play the entire practice his demeanor and the upright way he carried himself spoke volumes, I remember one practice he gathered the entire team together and just flat out told us we were the cockiest football any team he has been around that has not won jack, then David Huey said something stupid and Barnes told us to get the Bleep off of his Football field and don't comeback; that is the first and only time he used profanity, we were not allowed to walk on the short grass, I think 2 or 3 water breaks a practice........ The players today have it made, out if practice by 6, man we did not get of film until around 530.........

Turnaround has less to do with record than it does other factors.

Things I noticed this year that I haven't seen since the D. Barnes early Ed Emory days....

1. Richmond was scrappy and fought back from deficits. Ever since the 2004 game when Indy decimated the Raiders in the Western Regional, I haven't seen the sort of fight that Richmond exhibited in the few games I got to see them. This is a change in culture for kids that would in years past, throw their hands up and let a game slip away because they went down by a few scores.

2. A passing game. Look say what you want....the triple option was great and exciting, but EVERYONE likes to see a team that can throw the football. Richmond brought that this year. Guess what Richmond was able to do really well in 2008 when they last won the championship? They could throw the mess out of a football. When was the last time a team with a weak passing game won a championship? I don't remember either.

3. I don't know Castellano, but just observing him on the sidelines, he's passionate. You can see the excitement and fire there. He might be crazy....he might not have common sense by some of his coaching gambles, but that fire will light those kids up. Barnes was laid back, Ed was kinda old, Hoggard was "chill". An excitable coach is new and fresh for Richmond. It's refreshing to see.

Of course this is just my opinion.... so take it at face value
+1
Said like an observing professional

Dcov, the game is about matchups. And what I'm saying is I don't think Richmond will match up well with BIG time programs on their schedule in the future. A lot of talent is leaving the Raiders and the JV program was as umimpressive to me as it has been in sometime.
unimpressive? How about all them shut outs this year? You must be a hoggard lover!

+1
Said like an observing professional

LOL Thanks, I got all this from standing on the track at Scotland and watching Richmond play on the big screen, and the 3 playoff games. lol I guess that's enough Raider games to be considered an expert lol I tell ya what, when you have to go to 2A and 3A games all season, it makes you appreciate the quality of football we have in 4A

Youre right!
LOL Thanks, I got all this from standing on the track at Scotland and watching Richmond play on the big screen, and the 3 playoff games. lol I guess that's enough Raider games to be considered an expert lol I tell ya what, when you have to go to 2A and 3A games all season, it makes you appreciate the quality of football we have in 4A
Youre correct!
Actually I did enjoy my portion of 2015 2A. It was a team of great athletes. I have been observing Richmond and curious when they will be champs again. I truly believe this might just happen within the next 2 years ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT