ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond at Page

I'm pretty sure 73 and 74 were Page's legendary coaches first 2 years coaching at Page. The stadium is named after him of course. Marion Kirby Stadium, and by the way all of you lovely Richmond fans are welcome to Greensboro this coming up Friday. Happy to have you!

1973: Page 34, Richmond 0
1974: Richmond 15, Page 6

Pretty sure the 1973 Raiders only lost one game which was in the semi-finals to Lee Central.

1973 Raiders were 4-5-1 one of the lost to Page 34-0 and tied the Scots
Plus '73 was the only losing season in school history.

How in the world has Page HS, that won so many championships in the early 80's and one recently.....and Richmond, who has won a championship in every decade since they built the school, NOT played each other since Gerald Ford was in office?

Well, Mister Monkey, when Page was takin' names in the early eighties, they dealt with the Fayetteville squads and Jacksonville in the advanced stages of playoff competition, as Richmond County had commenced to shootin' hoops.

Page likes to air it out more so than we do and they have the tall receivers to get it done so make sure your DBs are ready. They will try to run but they are far more effective in passing. Page had a chance to actually come even with us if they scored a TD in the 4th qtr but a costly turnover killed their momentum. Pirates' self-implosion leads to 22 unanswered pts scored. So turnovers obviously are a key x-factor. If it's close like their game with East Forsyth, watch out!

I failed to mention the kicker, Harrison Kiser. If it's close this kid could very well play a role in the outcome of this game with a winning FG kick. Check:

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/default.aspx?careerid=3aea1558-0243-e311-995d-002655e6c126

Last edited:
Reactions: RAIDERS2014
This is a tough one to call. I will admit the passing game of Page scares me a bit. I think the key for the Raiders will be putting pressure on the QB. Richmond has managed to get pressure on opposing teams from the outside and I think this will be the key for the Raiders. The quickness of the Raiders outside linebackers may be too much for the big Page OL. On the other side of the ball I don’t see Page stopping the Raiders O. I feel confident the Raiders will score quickly and often in this game. I think it will be a shoot out with the team winning the turnover battle coming out on top. I’m picking Richmond 42-38.

We had a lot of positives from the game with JB......One negative I would like to see improvement on is TACKLING IN THE SECONDARY......QUIT TRYING TO KNOCK PEOPLE DOWN AND WRAP THEM UP AND DELIVER THE BLOW...Ok , I feel better......GO RAIDERS.......nuff said....

Page has an extremely talented Offense . Much more explosive than anyone Richmond has seen . Scotland county has Zamir White who is a stud. Page has more talent than Scotland all around though.

I just think Dudley is a better team. Richmond adjusted better and won the game so they were the better team that night no question . I just don't see Richmond beating Page by as much as people believe .

I just think Dudley is a better team. Richmond adjusted better and won the game so they were the better team that night no question . I just don't see Richmond beating Page by as much as people believe .

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to have that opinion. But to call it a fluke I have to disagree with you on that. I think a realistic person knows it not going to be a blowout.

Richmond is a very small team with a lot of heart. If they get underestimated it will be a long night for some one. One thing is for certain, they are not going to go down without a fight. Honestly, I think Richmond is the underdog. They have been all season in my opinion and they have exceeded my expectation. Win or lose Im very shocked and proud of this team. Of course I think they will win.....lol.

I predict the pirates will win this game. Page, Richmond, and Britt all have pirate mascots. Is a Raider a pirate or is it something else?

I see, but didnt Dudley beat them 35-7?

Raiderrocks.......Dudley was ahead of Page 13 to 7 in mid 4th Quarter then it snowballed from there. 35 to 7 few weeks ago does not mean a thing and what's more, it was senior night at the Tarp and emotions were running high that night. Now you guys are heading to Page Stadium (KIRBY to be more precise)....This Friday probably be different from that night and whoever ever make least mistakes will win the ball game. It should be a dandy one. Richmond beat Dudley 14 to 12 in downpour......if you guys play Dudley that night (Page night) the result would be much different and it would be in Dudley favor. Just because to Senior Night and last home game of the regular season.

Like I said , This Friday night will be a good one and anything can happens! Hey I never thought North Davidson would beat Scotland. Dudley handle them with ease couple years ago and would done same thing last year. I guess it is due to match ups more than anything.

Richmond loves the underdog role, we were picked to finish 3rd out of our conference, new coach, new system. Dudley should have beast the snot bubbles out of the Raiders bit they didn't. It is something special about this coach! If Richmond played Dudley again the game would be close but I give the edge to Richmond by .5, I am waiting for Richmond's Offense to explode in a big game........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT