ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond at Butler

Hokie
If Richmond begins by cooking some turnovers, ITS OVER

Would you agree?

Now, what if Butler turns it over....can they get back up?
Much turnovers for Butler this year?

Last edited:
I don't think either team is out of it with early turnovers. There's too much offensive firepower on the field for either team not to be able to dial up some points.

Reactions: swett2victory
Hokie
Watching Richie Rich and Butler videos - Richie Rich better do the 1 on 1 attack on the outside. As I stated earlier(sort of), who ever forces the ball over wins in this game. Richie Rich has to over come last years 32-13 lost

Negative. Butler hasn't been on TWC for a couple of years now, but they do have a Thurs night TWC game upcoming against Myers Park later this year.

There's also no radio coverage for any high school in Charlotte, so the Raider radio crews are your best bet. IMO, 1Twister does an outstanding job calling the games.

sounds like both teams need to learn how to play defense. enough about butler and this defense. looks like they settled down some but let's get real. RC sounds like u gift wrapped this one would love to here details

Not the officials fault. This loss is clearly the coaches fault, ALL 30 of them. Only scored 6 pts in the 2nd half & the Defense was atrocious.
Castellano is 13-4 as the Raider Head Coach. By Richmond standards that's pathetic .Lucky, he faces teams like Swett & Hoke that can't play dead in a Cowboy movie to pad that record.

Not the officials fault. This loss is clearly the coaches fault, ALL 30 of them. Only scored 6 pts in the 2nd half & the Defense was atrocious.
Castellano is 13-4 as the Raider Head Coach. By Richmond standards that's pathetic .Lucky, he faces teams like Swett & Hoke that can't play dead in a Cowboy movie to pad that record.

Were you screaming all 30 of them before Coach C??

Which one of the 30 are you Doc Holiday? Don't remember you from before, so youre either a member of the Coach C cult or you've changed names. Which is it? Fan of the program or Fan of the Coach?

This is SORRY
Aint no way Richie Rich orders THE MAGIC and lost. Aint no way Richie Rich suits up their MVP - David Copperfield and lost

The only reason Butler won was because they put in their SPECIAL TEAMS

BULL CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beat dudley and all is forgotten until SC game comes around as the final regular season challenge

Just got in...man, these two teams play some entertaining games when they get together. Hats off to Richmond, both to the team and to the fans who made the 2 hour trip to pack the visitor's stands, and hopefully everyone makes it home safely. I hope Coach C continues this series, because the games these two teams play are some of the most entertaining games I've ever seen.

More details later, but short synopsis...Butler was a train wreck in the 1st half. Major mistake after major mistake, and Richmond kept lobbing haymakers to take advantage of them. I thought the 1st half was as bad as I've seen a Butler team play (on a dry field, anyway) in two years, and Richmond looked like they owned the world with explosive long TD after explosive long TD.

2nd half was a different game altogether. Butler decided to abandon full self-destruct mode and got the passing game cranked up big time, and Richmond decided to go mano-y-mano with the zebras. (Zebras won). I don't know how many penalties Richmond had in the 2nd half, but it was more than I can count even with my shoes off. There were a handful of them that were just weird (and most of those went against the Raiders), but most of the penalties I thought were legit. A false start is a false start...there's no ref bias in those calls. Jerk a defenders helmet off right in front of the ref after the whistle blows, you're going to get flagged. If your blocker tackles a cornerback on a screen pass, it's going to get flagged. Shove a punt gunner from behind right in front of the ref, it's going to get flagged.

So Butler was their own worst enemy in the first half, and Richmond returned the favor in the 2nd half. Zeigler's 1st half passing numbers were sick, and Cheek returned the favor in the 2nd half. A tale of two halves.

As as has been known to happen between these two teams, the end result came down to a blown special teams play (or two). Two years ago, Butler lost it on special teams in the last 90 seconds. Tonight, Richmond returned the favor (although there was a minute left, so Cheek still had some time to do something).

I'll be curious to see the final stats for this game for both QBs. They both put on a show. Again, very entertaining game. I love this series. I wish these two teams could play each other 5 times a year. I'd pay to see it every time.

Last edited:
Which one of the 30 are you Doc Holiday? Don't remember you from before, so youre either a member of the Coach C cult or you've changed names. Which is it? Fan of the program or Fan of the Coach?

Not a member of the triple option cult, with 0 threat of the QB being part of the triple option, when the dive and the pitch is taken away...

Just got in...man, these two teams play some entertaining games when they get together. Hats off to Richmond, both to the team and to the fans who made the 2 hour trip to pack the visitor's stands, and hopefully everyone makes it home safely. I hope Coach C continues this series, because the games these two teams play are some of the most entertaining games I've ever seen.

More details later, but short synopsis...Butler was a train wreck in the 1st half. Major mistake after major mistake, and Richmond kept lobbing haymakers to take advantage of them. I thought the 1st half was as bad as I've seen a Butler team play (on a dry field, anyway) in two years, and Richmond looked like they owned the world with explosive long TD after explosive long TD.

2nd half was a different game altogether. Butler decided to abandon full self-destruct mode and got the passing game cranked up big time, and Richmond decided to go mano-y-mano with the zebras. (Zebras won). I don't know how many penalties Richmond had in the 2nd half, but it was more than I can count even with my shoes off. There were a handful of them that were just weird (and most of those went against the Raiders), but most of the penalties I thought were legit. A false start is a false start...there's no ref bias in those calls. Jerk a defenders helmet off right in front of the ref after the whistle blows, you're going to get flagged. If your blocker tackles a cornerback on a screen pass, it's going to get flagged. Shove a punt gunner from behind right in front of the ref, it's going to get flagged.

So Butler was their own worst enemy in the first half, and Richmond returned the favor in the 2nd half. Zeigler's 1st half passing numbers were sick, and Cheek returned the favor in the 2nd half. A tale of two halves.

As as frequently happens between these two teams, the end result came down to a blown special teams play (or two). Two years ago, Butler lost it on special teams in the last 90 seconds. Tonight, Richmond returned the favor (although there was a minute left, so Cheek still had some time to do something).

I'll be curious to see the final stats for this game for both QBs. They both put on a show. Again, very entertaining game.
Hokie,
Sir, why were SPECIAL TEAMS allowed to play for Butler?

Most of the calls were too obvious for the refs to let slide. CMS refs don't necessarily like Butler (we don't usually get the benefit of ref doubt when we take the field), but Richmond's offense went super sloppy and unfocused in the 2nd half, and most of those calls were no brainers.

And even though I thought most of the calls were legit, there were still a few head scratchers in there that I still don't know what they were. The PA announcer couldn't figure out what was going on, either, nor could anyone sitting around me in the stands. Two of those head scratchers went against Butler, so it wasn't ALL one-sided, just mostly.

Also, Richmond put the ball on the ground a lot in the second half as well. They kept recovering the fumbles, but the lost yardage combined with the penalties killed drive after drive. Nearly all of the penalties were on Richmond's offense, not the defense. The defense had its own issues once Butler got the passing game cranked up.

In the first half, Richmond's offense really impressed me. They've been spreading the field for years, but this year's WRs are all tall and can really run, so every one of them is a slipped tackle away from a 70 yd TD. Zeigler threw some gorgeous deep balls as well in the first half, so he's improved a bunch since last year along with the rest of the offense. Richmond's offense is legitimately dangerous when they aren't busy shooting themselves in the foot. Their skill talent is very impressive.

Most of the calls were too obvious for the refs to let slide. CMS refs don't necessarily like Butler (we don't usually get the benefit of ref doubt when we take the field), but Richmond's offense went super sloppy and unfocused in the 2nd half, and most of those calls were no brainers.

And even though I thought most of the calls were legit, there were still a few head scratchers in there that I still don't know what they were. The PA announcer couldn't figure out what was going on, either, nor could anyone sitting around me in the stands. Two of those head scratchers went against Butler, so it wasn't ALL one-sided, just mostly.

Also, Richmond put the ball on the ground a lot in the second half as well. They kept recovering the fumbles, but the lost yardage combined with the penalties killed drive after drive. Nearly all of the penalties were on Richmond's offense, not the defense. The defense had its own issues once Butler got the passing game cranked up.

In the first half, Richmond's offense really impressed me. They've been spreading the field for years, but this year's WRs are all tall and can really run, so every one of them is a slipped tackle away from a 70 yd TD. Zeigler threw some gorgeous deep balls as well in the first half, so he's improved a bunch since last year along with the rest of the offense. Richmond's offense is legitimately dangerous when they aren't busy shooting themselves in the foot. Their skill talent is very impressive.
Fumbles?
Did I not mention the team with the most turnovers/mistakes....loses

I still think as it sounds from Richie Richs mouth that SPECIAL TEAMS played against them

Thanks for your input Hokie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT