ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond at Butler

It'll be at Butler. If they didn't move the MC game, I doubt that they'll move this one. Going to be a good one, though.

2 yrs ago, I saw one of the Best High School games ever as Richmond beat Butler 55-54 in OT. Last yr, Butler embarrassed Richmond 32-13. It was 32-0 at halftime. When has Richmond ever been down by that much at the half? Should be interesting this yr.

With Butler already taking one loss this becomes a pretty big game for them. I suspect the score to be in the ball park of last year. Thinking 35-20 Butler

2 yrs ago, I saw one of the Best High School games ever as Richmond beat Butler 55-54 in OT. Last yr, Butler embarrassed Richmond 32-13. It was 32-0 at halftime. When has Richmond ever been down by that much at the half? Should be interesting this yr.

raw_raw.jpg

-------------------------------------- BREAK --------------------------------------

RICHIE.jpg

Uncle Vernon told me about these two when he got in the "War Story" telling mood.

Last edited:
Did Uncle Vernon tell you that team that lost to Byrd in a downpour went on to win the State Championship & that loss to Indy was in the Regional Championship? And did he also tell you neither one of those teams was losing by 32 at the half? Butler showed mercy last yr.

Late? Na....early! Richmond's qb is awesome...great football player. I think at this point Scots and Richmond may be neck and neck. And that's average. Two top conferences.....yes. State ranked is suspect for both. Will see in just a few weeks.

Reactions: swett2victory
Late? Na....early! Richmond's qb is awesome...great football player. I think at this point Scots and Richmond may be neck and neck. And that's average. Two top conferences.....yes. State ranked is suspect for both. Will see in just a few weeks.
LAW
Stop being a robot and trying to be nice on the desktop. (neck to neck??????).............C' Mon man tell the truth. Football legends on here despise the truth

Last edited:
2 yrs ago, I saw one of the Best High School games ever as Richmond beat Butler 55-54 in OT.
That game was probably the most ridiculously entertaining game I've ever seen as well. Every good defensive coach in history rolled over in their graves, but it was an offense lover's not-dry dream.

It's not very often that you see a high school team put up almost 800 yards of offense (plus has another 225 yards of offense called back by penalties) and have 54 points on the scoreboard...AND LOSE. For both of these teams to be ranked in the top 5 at the time made it even more unusual.

Yeah, I remember when that game happened (and you throwing your shoe at Raider Magic), but that game came down to one crazy last play. The Butler/Richmond shootout from 2 years ago was 3 full hours of crazy plays. Both offenses put on a home run clinic in that game.

Yeah, I remember when that game happened (and you throwing your shoe at Raider Magic), but that game came down to one crazy last play. The Butler/Richmond shootout from 2 years ago was 3 full hours of crazy plays. Both offenses put on a home run clinic in that game.
Ahhhhhh....Now yeah that was crazy then

I think they ate the booster club!!!
hehehehehehe.gif

---------------------- BREAK ----------------------

"Butler has Never Seen Magic and Richie has Never Seen Rhinos"

P-Diddy,
Butler as for what Rufus told me has 4 front Rhinos....The boys are freaking BIG, but at the same rate P-Diddy, Rufus who is currently enrolled in some Janitor classes in Charlotte stated that Butler's offense have had a tad of issues with blocking their opponents.....dont know how true that is.

If Richie Rich keeps scheduling with teams such as the Friday said version, Richie Rich may just become the Scotland of today without any magic inventory on order.

Purty much I believe Richie Rich fans are happy with the rivalry event thats about to happen. Butler will have the upper hand on the defense though and Richie Rich get's one thumb down for allowing Butler to score easy.

I believe Richie Rich fans may be saying they may just hang in there with Butler a tad longer. From the grapevine that stretched down to my neck of the woods, they say Butler may have a lot of speed.....A LOT.

Brown for Butler will certainly dominate this game, but then Richie Rich has Ziegler who may shake up Butler's Big Boys defensive ground pound engine.

I am curious to know who has the biggest boys on the line in 2016:
1. Richmond
2. Butler
3. or Scotland

Last edited:
Hokiemtc
or anyone equivalent to Hokie's expertise, could you grade my said above essay I turned in yesterday and tell me what you think. It was called "Butler has Never Seen Magic and Richie has Never Seen Rhinos". This is going to be heck of a game.

Hokiemtc
or anyone equivalent to Hokie's expertise, could you grade my said above essay I turned in yesterday and tell me what you think. It was called "Butler has Never Seen Magic and Richie has Never Seen Rhinos". This is going to be heck of a game.
Confucius say...........no man will live to tell the story of running head on into a rhino to achieve their goal.....the wise man runs around the horny beast and lives to tell the story on NC Preps.

Confucius say...........no man will live to tell the story of running head on into a rhino to achieve their goal.....the wise man runs around the horny beast and lives to tell the story on NC Preps.
It has been mentioned during our Sunday Supreme Omelet Brunch at Rufus crib that Butler's Corners have been injured and injured and injured and so on. My question, P-diddy, does Richie Rich take advantage of the inexperience door that's wide open so the Ref's can raise the roof in the end zone?

This game can and may get ugly. If Richie Rich is down in the 4th with minutes on the clock and inches to crawl, they may just call on their MVP - David Copperfield

Last edited:
Hokiemtc
No predictions from me this week, except that I think this has the makings of being another classic between the two schools. Butler is indeed banged up in the secondary right now, and the offense misfired a little bit last week. Scuttlebutt has it that Richmond is bigger in the trenches this year than in the recent past, so I'm expecting this to be a fairly even matchup. This will also be the first time Richmond has played on Butler's field, so allow me to be the first to greet our Richmond visitors to a little home cooking. It's always an honor to host someone of Richmond's stature.

No predictions from me this week, except that I think this has the makings of being another classic between the two schools. Butler is indeed banged up in the secondary right now, and the offense misfired a little bit last week. Scuttlebutt has it that Richmond is bigger in the trenches this year than in the recent past, so I'm expecting this to be a fairly even matchup. This will also be the first time Richmond has played on Butler's field, so allow me to be the first to greet our Richmond visitors to a little home cooking. It's always an honor to host someone of Richmond's stature.
Hokie,
Sir, S2V for sho knows Richie Rich has not been feeding Wheaties to the line dawgs in the last millennium. are you stating Richie Rich has more size today then they did yesterday or are you saying they have more size than Butler in the trenches period?

Would it be a fair to say that Scotland is bigger then Richie Rich, but MC are Giants up against both Scotties and Richie?

Also sir, I know Richie Rich can be fancy and magically intellegent about them aggravating short throws. Will this be a run game or a short pass type deal for Richie Rich up against the Butler HOGS coming straight at the QB?

Thanks for your input Hokie. Your time is very appreciated

In order:

1) Richmond allegedly has more size in the trenches today than they've had since 2010 (I'll see them tomorrow and can offer an opinion then as to whether or not that's a valid observation). But they still won't have more mass in the trenches than what Butler has.

2) Scotland has had bigger lines than Richmond for the last half decade now, which is why they started winning their games. I don't know what Scotland's lines look like for 2016, but I can guarantee you they aren't the size of Mallard Creek's lines. Butler can match MC mass for mass across each line, but doesn't have anywhere near the same height and doesn't have half the depth that MC has. Butler's 2nd string oline drops off considerably. MC's 2nd string oline looks just like their starters do. Richmond's lines and MC's lines aren't comparable in any way.

3) Richmond can run the ball in this game with their excellent speed, but it will mostly be outside. Butler has (3) 300+ pound run stuffers in the middle of the defense which are very difficult to move, even for a Mallard Creek caliber oline. One of those guys (#71 in the picture above) is Maurice McClain Jr, who's 6'-1" 320 pounds. Good luck getting a push on this guy.

4) Butler's corners are banged up, so there will be ample opportunities for Richmond to run their short passing game if they choose to.

In order:

1) Richmond allegedly has more size in the trenches today than they've had since 2010 (I'll see them tomorrow and can offer an opinion then as to whether or not that's a valid observation). But they still won't have more mass in the trenches than what Butler has.

2) Scotland has had bigger lines than Richmond for the last half decade now, which is why they started winning their games. I don't know what Scotland's lines look like for 2016, but I can guarantee you they aren't the size of Mallard Creek's lines. Butler can match MC mass for mass across each line, but doesn't have anywhere near the same height and doesn't have half the depth that MC has. Butler's 2nd string oline drops off considerably. MC's 2nd string oline looks just like their starters do. Richmond's lines and MC's lines aren't comparable in any way.

3) Richmond can run the ball in this game with their excellent speed, but it will mostly be outside. Butler has (3) 300+ pound run stuffers in the middle of the defense which are very difficult to move, even for a Mallard Creek caliber oline. One of those guys (#71 in the picture above) is Maurice McClain Jr, who's 6'-1" 320 pounds. Good luck getting a push on this guy.

4) Butler's corners are banged up, so there will be ample opportunities for Richmond to run their short passing game if they choose to.
Impressive!!!!
Very well said Hokie. Yeah that #71 is freaking scary even if he had Taco Bell for me, I wouldn't dare accept it.

Richmond gets Butler on the outside all night and short throws across the center

Now, will Butler's Speed usher the visitors out the gate and into IHOP earlier than expected?

Butler doesn't have more overall team speed than Richmond does. They are, however, one of the few teams in the state who can more or less match Richmond's speed across the board.

But speed alone won't be the deciding factor in this game. For either team.

NO! THIS WAS THE MOST RIDICULOUS
Begin watching at 7:00 time frame please

What is ridiculous is that this is still debated.

1. You say start at the 7:00 time frame, but if you do that, you miss the horrible pass interference call at 5:45 that kept the Swett drive alive that led to the TD. Without that call, the TD probably wouldn't have happened and the whole argument would be moot. Also, that shot is clear as day and does not have to be reviewed over and over at slow motion.

2. The crane shot that was posted was a much better look. It was taken at an angle too, so it's still not 100% and you are still playing the shadow game with that one as well. However, the thing that stands out to me is the pylon. You can see the top of the pylon from the time the ball is snapped until the Raider defender straddles it while pushing the Swett player out of bounds. Even if the ball did cross the line, it just barely did. It definitely didn't cross over to the degree that most of the Swett fans seemed to believe. Both videos show an entire body (the defender) between the runner and the goal line. Also, if it did cross, it did so when the runner was a few steps before going out. The ball did not cross over the pylon, that much is clear as day in the crane video.

3. A whole opened up the size of Texas during that play. Two Raider defenders got pushed back deep into the end zone. Had the Swett runner cut to his left and ran into the end zone, he could have run in and out of the back without ever being touched. He was committed to the corner and ran straight to the only defender that even had a chance to stop him. If you are going to take a gamble like that, you have to execute well, and you have to leave no doubt. Swett did neither. If he did get in, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he did so in a way that involved the absolute minimum level of certainty. If people are still debating it 5 years later, don't beat up the official who had a split second to make the decision.

4. In the last quarter, both teams were pretty much moving the ball at will against one another. The defenses were tired. There were nearly 900 yards of offense in that game. Richmond's previous TD only took about 46 seconds and the one before that did not take long at all either. The 2 point conversion attempt did not happen with 15 seconds left in the game, it happened with a minute and half left and Richmond had 2 timeouts. In that scenerio, even if the 2 point conversion would have counted, odds are very likely that Richmond would have won anyway.

Lastly, Richmond finished with their worst record in 2 decades in 2011. I'm not sure the level of gloating you would have planned on doing even if the Rams would have won. One of your best teams would have beaten one of our worst by a point. Gold Star!

Now can we quit bringing up this You Tube video that is evidence of nothing since it was shot at an angle (from the back of the end zone and not from the side), of a game that is now a half a decade old? Back to Richmond vs Butler.

What is ridiculous is that this is still debated.

1. You say start at the 7:00 time frame, but if you do that, you miss the horrible pass interference call at 5:45 that kept the Swett drive alive that led to the TD. Without that call, the TD probably wouldn't have happened and the whole argument would be moot. Also, that shot is clear as day and does not have to be reviewed over and over at slow motion.

2. The crane shot that was posted was a much better look. It was taken at an angle too, so it's still not 100% and you are still playing the shadow game with that one as well. However, the thing that stands out to me is the pylon. You can see the top of the pylon from the time the ball is snapped until the Raider defender straddles it while pushing the Swett player out of bounds. Even if the ball did cross the line, it just barely did. It definitely didn't cross over to the degree that most of the Swett fans seemed to believe. Both videos show an entire body (the defender) between the runner and the goal line. Also, if it did cross, it did so when the runner was a few steps before going out. The ball did not cross over the pylon, that much is clear as day in the crane video.

3. A whole opened up the size of Texas during that play. Two Raider defenders got pushed back deep into the end zone. Had the Swett runner cut to his left and ran into the end zone, he could have run in and out of the back without ever being touched. He was committed to the corner and ran straight to the only defender that even had a chance to stop him. If you are going to take a gamble like that, you have to execute well, and you have to leave no doubt. Swett did neither. If he did get in, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he did so in a way that involved the absolute minimum level of certainty. If people are still debating it 5 years later, don't beat up the official who had a split second to make the decision.

4. In the last quarter, both teams were pretty much moving the ball at will against one another. The defenses were tired. There were nearly 900 yards of offense in that game. Richmond's previous TD only took about 46 seconds and the one before that did not take long at all either. The 2 point conversion attempt did not happen with 15 seconds left in the game, it happened with a minute and half left and Richmond had 2 timeouts. In that scenerio, even if the 2 point conversion would have counted, odds are very likely that Richmond would have won anyway.

Lastly, Richmond finished with their worst record in 2 decades in 2011. I'm not sure the level of gloating you would have planned on doing even if the Rams would have won. One of your best teams would have beaten one of our worst by a point. Gold Star!

Now can we quit bringing up this You Tube video that is evidence of nothing since it was shot at an angle (from the back of the end zone and not from the side), of a game that is now a half a decade old? Back to Richmond vs Butler.
10817781_1428926847393191_24320992_a.jpg

Are we talking about the Book of Revelations?

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done".

Last edited:
Senior linebacker #44 Christian Dixon is the captain of the defense. Here's his highlights from the Richmond game last season.

Some visitor info for the good Raider folk making the trip (since this will be the first time most of you have been to Butler):

Most of you will be coming in on West US-74. As soon as you get into Charlotte, US-74 passes over the outer beltway (I-485). Get in the right lane since you'll be turning right at the next stoplight. From there, the school is just a couple hundred yards up the road, but the first entrance you'll come to will have a sign labeled "Home". The next entrance will be the main entrance to the school. Skip both these entrances and turn into the 3rd entrance (a sign will say "Visitor").

Butler has totally segregated athletics (stemming back to when gang violence was a problem at Charlotte high school athletic events in the 70s and 80s...before Butler was even built). Visitors have their own parking lot, their own friendly Town of Matthews police officers, their own ticket booth, stadium entrance, concessions, etc. To get to the visitor ticket booth, walk around the left side of the stadium and around the end zone. The two halves of the stadium are fenced off from one another, so if you go in the wrong gate, you're stuck sitting with us! It won't be a problem, though, unless you don't like golf claps. Everyone you'll meet will be very hospitable and will be looking forward to being gracious hosts. Everyone have a safe trip!

Also, and as always, kickoffs in Charlotte are at 7:00, not 7:30. Most of you guys have made enough trips to Charlotte that I'm sure you know that, but maybe someone out there will be making their first journey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT